1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Devon Lloyd

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Quadrupleyoi, Nov 27, 2021.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I don't think Bush has any trade value, and neither does Tuitt with all of the uncertainty around him. If Tuitt ends up not playing, we will have a bit more money to spend and we can look to add a vet DE to round out the DL. I would absolutely prioritize retaining Witherspoon and Edmunds. Edmunds is a solid starting safety and Witherspoon played his way into a contract and starting role imo. We could retain Haden if we wanted for another year if we intended to draft a CB early this season. I love the idea of Adams as the top interior DL back up. He certainly flashed good ability this past season. Loudermilk should be the top back up DE as he progresses and Wormley is still the swing DL. I would pick up a OL and draft one. Sign JuJu, kids a Steeler. I would also like to keep Killebrew. Aside from that we can figure it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am seeing Lloyd go in mock drafts from 7th to 21st. If he is there at 20, and let's say Willis, Howell, Cross, and Jordan Davis are available, who would you draft? I hate seeing Lloyd going to NE in several drafts, picking right after the Steelers.

3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

In that scenario I take Lloyd. I kinda like Davis more.... but Lloyd is a playmaker that will never come off the field. The drop off at LB is bigger than the drop off at DL

My top 4 guys at this point

Ikem Ekwonu
    Kenyon Green
    Jordan Davis
    Devon Lloyd

I think the only reason I have him 4th is because in my mind I want to get the trenches fixed.. but Lloyd is special.

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Don’t forget that one of the top corners may be there at 20, especially if there is an overbuy of QBs in the top 20.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    there was a 228 snap count difference between schobert and oluokun. schobert had 112 tackles an interception and a forced fumble and yes he made tackles at the LOS. the steelers way of playing ILB's leaves them vulnerable to having to make tackles further back then a lot of teams. it's a lot more scheme then talent. yes though i would love oluokun, right next to schobert. schobert was 29th in the league in tackles. 7 safeties in the top 32. bush was 139th in the league. that's the guy they need to replace. add oluokun and we would have a good middle again. that has been lacking for awhile. 3 draft picks for bush. im tired of hearing about the knee. a big lack of effort from him last year. didn't like the pick when they made it. tomlin and colbert saw how fast he ran and it clouded their view. they thought because he runs fast we would have another shazier. wrong. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'd be thrilled with any one of those guys. There's a lot of guys I like in the 1st, and none are QB's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    The knee obviously is an excuse, but is it a factual one? Was he hesitant or lacking effort due to uncertainty due to his knee? Did it affect him mentally in a way that he was unwilling (consciously or not) to put himself in danger again? Did he just slack off during his rehab time and only work on getting his body ready to play and not his mind? I'm certain Bush will be given every opportunity to turn it around this season. He was atrocious this past year. He was a quality player his rookie and beginning of second year before the injury. What changed? He will likely have just this season to figure it out. Hard to imagine too many teams would give him a huge opportunity to rectify his career if he flames out hard again this season.

As for Lloyd. He seems like he could be an excellent player for us. I like Dean a lot too. There are a couple day two options that look pretty promising as well. Either way we will likely need to bolster the ILB room if we want to improve our run defense from this past year.

• Like Like x 2
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Now You're talking. :thumbs_up:

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This will be a microscope year for the fashion diva. He will play out his contract so having a back up plan should be in the cards.

I don't believe Lloyd will be the pick but one never knows.

The elephant in the room is the ridiculous contract given to Schobert. They have to adjust this mess or release him.

10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    CBS sports just came out with their new mock an hour ago. They have the Steelers taking Lloyd at #20.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Darius Leonard plays at around 215-220, so yeah, I'd take that. I'm just not sure they would want to pair another smaller guy with Bush. I also think they are going to give Bush at least one more season to come around.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wouldn't mind that, depending on who is gone. Pickett won't fall there, but Linderbaum could. Unless they have already signed a free agent center, Linderbaum should be the pick if he falls to 20.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    When Nakobe Dean was mentioned on here, I wasn't interested in him because he's another small ILB, that would play next to Bush.

14. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I dont care what size the player is, as long as he's good. TBH it's hard to pick a LB to pair with Bush when we aren't even certain Bush will be here after 2022. Get a good player first. Then figure out who you are going to pair them with. I would hope if we draft a LB we are looking for someone to pair with THEM, instead of pairing them with BUSH.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Nah, I want a player with some size who can get off of blocks.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think it depends if we feel that Bush is a lost cause. If you think he’s salvageable, then he’s the Mack and you ideally want a Buck to pair with him. If you don’t think he’s salvageable, then you need a Buck and a Mack. I would prioritize getting a Buck, and see if Flores can help him get back on track in 2022. Another uncertainty is where Johnson fits in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    If they took him he would play along side Bush

18. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Well that question will be answered this season. Bush will have one more year to show it, otherwise he will be gone. I too would prioritize a Buck, but if they want Llloyd or Dean, I'm on board with that. I just want whoever we draft to be a good player

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Size doesn't necessarily make you better at getting off blocks. Hand placement, leverage, quick play diagnosis, etc. do. Lots of great LB's are 6'1 or less or under 235. Bobby Wagner, Darius Leonard, Ryan Shazier, Lavonte David, Eric Kendricks... I mean the list goes on. They all have no problem getting off blocks. Hell, Aaron Donald is considered small for his position. I just want good players. I could care less what their size is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    This upcoming season he would, Bush probably won't be back in 2023.