1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brian Flores

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That isn't even close to what I wrote, but keep whacking away at that straw man. It shows you know you've already lost the actual argument and you know it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    As has been said, the issue with the Dolphin's owner has nothing to do with firing Flores, it has to do with the allegation that he offered to pay Flores to lose games.

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please find evidence to support your claim that I insert race into everything. Seriously, if I insert it into everything, you should easily be able to find 10 examples. Back up your claim or admit you made it up.

Kindly stick your false, unsupported, and insulting claim that I am a racist right up your ass.

When you are done with that, find the post in which I claimed that the Dolphins' owner and general manager were racist. I'll give you a hint. That post doesn't exist.

What I wrote was that it is understandable that Flores would see race as part of the reason he was fired despite the progress his team made and why he saw it as a reason he was getting passed over for other head coaching jobs, because the NFL's history when it comes to hiring black head coaches is not good. Once again, I'm sorry that you are either too unintelligent to understand my words or too dishonest to represent my posts accurately.

Your comparison to Gase and Philbin also demonstrates either your ignorance, your dishonesty, or both.

Gase took the Dolphins to the playoffs his first year, then saw the team regress for two seasons, finishing with losing records in 2017 and 2018. Philbin failed to record a winning record in three seasons and the team started 1-3 his fourth year when they fired him.

Flores, on the other hand, was hired to take over a team as it was tanking in 2019. The Dolphins were selling off talent for draft picks and, predictably, finished 5-11. They have had winning records the two seasons since then.

To be honest, I question the way Flores has handled things, but I understand where he is coming from. You, on the other hand, are displaying a toxic mix of dishonesty and ignorance. You are way out of line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016

You're funny. You actually buy into the character assassination that was most likely leaked by the Dolphins put out there to try to cover their asses.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fantastic move. Don’t get too wrapped up in the title, I bet he will have a big roll in planning the defense along with Austin and Tomlin.

Heads up acquisition, saw a chance to get a top coach and grabbed it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Glad he got a job. He deserves to be a head coach but we know why he isn't right now.

7. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    I don’t remember the dolphins defense getting worse just because he left. Khalil Mack looked great the first 6 games or so with the bears now he doesn’t really stand out. I feel like Fitzpatrick is similar made a splash at first. Do we really want to pay this guy. He didn’t really jump of the screen to me. Sure he looks like a super hero next to edmunds but who wouldn’t.

8. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    When you hire a coach he needs coaching experience. Being a great player doesn’t make you a great coach. It might get you started as a position coach and you can grow from there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I like the hire. Flores may be abrasive, but I prefer to think that he will keep his nose to the grindstone and do the job he was brought in for at a high level. If, for no other reason, out of respect for the Steeler organization for giving him a job and out of respect for Mike Tomlin. Besides, after what I saw last year, this defense could use a coach on staff with some attitude.

As far as his lawsuit being a distraction, why would it? I'm sure he's already been advised by his lawyers not to discuss it. I'm pretty confident this was all discussed in the interview process. The Rooney's aren't fools.

10. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Adam Gase- 10-6, 6-10. 7-9. Joe Philbin- 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, 1-3. So both get progressively worse, and Flores really doesn't, but you say that's exactly the same. Okay.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I never suggested otherwise, but the coaching pool draws heavily from former players and that population is overwhelmingly non-white while the head coaching ranks are dominated by white men.

12. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I think the argument could be made they got better (year 2) without him.
    Fitz led the team in tackles (gross) previously was a TO machine.

If the question is if I sign him it's yes. I'm not talking watt money but at least top 12 safeties ( free or strong) is realistic and justified.

Outside of money, if he is gone our safeties are in bad shape. He needs to be signed for talent and necessity.

13. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    Do you think "lol" gets you out of your remark?

Youre making statement, may be glib, about firing a coach and you think the punchline is that he's black? Lol?

I would hope you could review yourself and potentially understand how youre reductive statement is nothing but simple.

You're simple.... LoL!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Lol ii've been called worse, by better people than you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    And OCs and DCs and FO staff.

Do we think Hines will every be a HC? An OC? A GM?
    Id bet you'd say no because it's rare occurrence even without any a other factors.

16. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    Yeah lame and limp by your lovers.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Which would have never came out, untill he was fired, BF never worked for the Broncos. Or Texans. But they are listed in his lawsuit also

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    Yes they are. Thank you for clarifying because we didn't know that. His potential job (Giants) is the the start. It's not what is it's what could have been.

I'm sure mummy said the same to you.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Settle down felicity, you will be ok.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would like to see him come in and light a fire under some of these players
    and COACHES. Coaches are stale also. I hope I see a different mindset from the Steelers,
    Players and coaches need to be held accountable for their poor performance's. Doesn't your boss
    hold you accountable at your work place?

21. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Steelers can do no wrong in Strummers eyes. They are picture perfect!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Great pick up in my eyes. It's good to have a fresh perspective in game planning and player development areas. I'm really intrigued to what he can get out of Bush going forward. Probably one of Tomlin's best hires since Munch. Whether or not he succeeds is yet to be determined lol.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    For what it’s worth his title includes “senior defensive assistant” and he’s listed ahead of the other assistant coaches. So there is more there than just a LB coach.

24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So what’s the answer, Scribe? The Rooney Rule was designed to give minority candidates an opportunity to interview for head coaching positions. Unfortunately it’s turned into an exercise in futility where the “token” minority candidate is brought in and in some cases it’s worked out, Mike Tomlin being an example of that. My issue is with Brian Flores who in fact WAS a head coach but was relieved of his duties by a black GM because (at least by some accounts) he was a toxic influence inside the organization. I just don’t want EVERY STINKING HIRE in the NFL to be judged through the prism of race but you’ve got to admit that now when someone is hired the first thought on most peoples’ minds is “what color are they?”. I just wish we could live in a world where the best candidate for the position and the best fit for the organization was hired irrespective of skin color but that’s a near impossibility in woke world with the virtue signalers in the media driving the narrative ad nauseum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    And I want world peace

• Winner Winner x 1