1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl picks

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steel machine, Feb 7, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The Rams are -4 at the moment so we'll go with that.

Who you rooting for?? Who would you bet on??

I was leaning towards the Bengals for AFCN reasons but I also wouldn't mind Rams winning just because of Stafford.

As for the betting I'd take the Rams -4. Both QB's are SB rookies but I think the experience of Stafford is a difference maker.

We just had 6 damn good NFL Playoff games. Now watch the SB be a blowout.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I’ll go with the Rams.

3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I think the Rams defensive line will be too much for the Bengals offensive line. 27-24 Rams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Rams. I can't stomach the idea of all of the Bengals fans around here acting hoity toity if the Bengals win, although my response will probably be something like, "welcome to the club finally after such a long, long time"

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Rams -4 for me.
    I'd like to see Stafford win one, just because he's suffered for a long time. On the other hand, I like the teams that never won to win the game typically. I'm so torn on this one! Let's just hope it's a great game overall.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Rams. I’ll be rooting for them and I think they’ll win. Too much defensive front talent for the Bengals to deal with.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Bengals I will be rooting for . Not because I want them 2 win, but because I don't want the Rams 2 win.
    The Rams basically have said Drafting, and Developing are a stupid way 2 build a team. Which if they win is a bad look, and problem for the NFL.
    Of course some will say we'll this year they only did this, and this. Don't only look at this year. Look at all the years since they've had that coach.

8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I understand what you're saying, but more often than not stacking a team in the NFL doesn't usually pan out to a championship. In no way can you get away with this strategy in the NFL the same way you can in MLB without it costing you later on. My annoyance with Bengals fans is more powerful than the Rams trying to buy a championship so go Rams!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    FWIW, Madden Simulation predicts the Bungholes to win. I don't have the stats in front of me, but it's been surprisingly accurate in years past.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This. I don’t even have a problem with what the Rams have done, I dont get the beef, they are making trades, whats wrong with that.

It’s not MLB as you pointed out, Rams are actually giving something to get something, not just doling out money for these moves.

Rooting for Rams all the way. Only negative is Ramsey gets a ring but I can live with that.

11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Almost exactly what I said to Eagle fans. After they really got on my nerves I said if you want to impress me you have to have half of what my Steelers have.

12. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    If memory serves the Washington Redskins tried that long ago. The only problem was they were paying for great players but those great players were past their prime.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Wow, I find that really odd but your right how accurate it has been.

14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I will be rooting for the Bengals. I almost always pull for the underdog when the Steelers aren't playing.

I think the Rams will win. If I were betting I would take the Rams and give the 4.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Shoot, wish I didn't see the story about Stafford's wife. Now I'm pulling for the Rams.

16. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I think rams will win but Bengals will probably cover. I hate it at -4 but I took it.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Got the Bengals straight up, and the under.