1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

He is NOT coming to the Steelers!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Jan 23, 2022.

1. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    Agree here. The problem is just we don't have a good coaching across the board. For years, the coaching has only relied on the talent of the players.
    So we need great players and especially a great top tier QB to be competitive or a contender. But i still believe for the really big hit (Lombardi Trophy) you still need more than a serviceable QB.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Did we miss one or 2? (Went back and checked, and no. At least not the ones talking about non-football controversies with Rogers I looked at. Or is this in reference to something else?)

I deleted everything I saw. E v e r y t h i n g. Not sure about the other mods today, but they're usually on the same page. Delete everything. I'm usually at work from mid-day on so not sure if anything happened since then.

You're not being censored. We're enforcing the board's rules. The rules have been clear since the beginning (way back before the country was so fanatically polarized - and we're not taking sides). This is nothing new.

If you want to talk about politics of any sort, do it anywhere else. Lots of forums out there designed for exactly that.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Couple days ago there was a lot of comments about it. And then I started how it's sad that this is being allowed and etc. And how the media has handled the situation on Rodgers. Etc etc.

My comment goes poof. Which is strange. Yet comments that speak down on Rodgers stayed up.

Thanks for removing the hate. I wish we could go back to the days of football being just football. And at most the complaining would be how Randy moss acted to pulling his pants down. But sadly it looks impossible to keep it septated with how they keep forcing it on our field.

Only advice I have. Is to make sure all the mods are on the same page like you are with none of it is allowed.

Thanks

4. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    We mods have lives too. We don't live on this board. And I can't speak for the rest, but I don't always read every single thread. Every now and then things slip through.

Edited to add: and sometimes we let things slide a little. Something that's right on the edge but not necessarily out of bounds. But as soon as the political arguments take off, we have to start taking everything out, or locking the thread. And we have several problem children here who try to make some political comment (veiled or outright) on every damned thread. :lolol:

But there is a report function to call our attention to things we may miss. ;)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

who are these problem children?:to keep order::butcher::noose::club:

:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Nope. Not singling anyone out.

But there's several on either side of any issue.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh I dont have any problem signaling anyone out, it is
    made you look
    and
    made you look again
    and
    man you guys are a suckers

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I looked every time. LoL

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    As did I, masterfully done.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i think he's one of them. :lolol::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Aaron Rodgers gonna be living in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    Well, he is if his team plays here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Sorry, don't see it, especially with the QB position up in the air. Unless you happen to believe the Rooney's will break the bank on a big-name vet, I don't see this team being a legitimate SB contender for a minimum of 3 years.

16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Broncos have hired Green Bay OC Nathaniel Hackett as their new head coach as expected. So I am doubling down that's where Rodgers is headed. In fact there are rumors that Broncos GM is already making a play for him.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Who’s not coming to the Steelers?

18. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I would love it but would be scared to death of the package they give up and scared even more that he only plays for a couple more years.

If it happens, better get that ring while they have him, strike while the iron is hot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm still not sure a trade will even be required

The Packers had multiple offers last year and turned them all down

Rodgers agreed to play for them for one more year.. they reworked his contract... that rework was to make it easier for him to leave this year.

There are probably only 4 or 5 teams he would go to... his cap hit in GB is 46 mill..... they trade or cut him before June 1st they would have $26,847,138 million in dead money but save $19,297,018, After June 1, those numbers flip.

If the "Lions" offer 3 first round pickd...Rodgers just says he will retire and the Packers get nothing

If the"49ers" or "Broncos" offer a 2nd round pick.... the Packers might have to take it if they want to get anything

Rodgers is on their books until he is not... he can refuse any trade... and just say he is thinking about retiring...or even say he is going to.. then decide to play when camp starts and the Packers would have to start cutting players to get under his cap hit.

The Packers need to either extend him right away or move him... and he has final say on any trade.... they may be forced just to cut him.

If they called me and said Aaron wants to play for you. We want 4 picks...I would say GFY. I'm not giving up a lot for a 1 year rental on a guy who keeps talking retirement

So long story short. I think he is more likely to get cut and sigh a multiple year deal as a free agent with the team of his choice... then cost a fortune in trade

In order of what I think will hapoen

1 the Packers extend and they makeup

2 they cut him

3 they trade him to the team he wants

4 retirement

HACK

21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    THIS I agree with. Problem is we still have Tomlin and Canada.

22. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I didn’t think there was anyway possible Rodgers was actually coming to the Steelers. I am hearing now it might actually be a legitimate possibility. I cringe on what we would have to give up but man if we could get 2/3 years out of him at a high level idk

23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Where are you hearing this nonsense? He will stay in Green Bay. They didn't just bring back Tom Clements for the hell of it.

Edit: I see the source and even Adam Schefter declared it pure nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
  24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    No thanks to Rodgers, Watson, Garoppolo, Carr or any that will cost draft capital plus eat a big chunk of the cap.

Add a free agent QB, Trubisky, Mariota ect. Unless they draft one.

This team has several holes to fill and to much uncertainty in several positions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Or we realized what you were doing but thought it would be funny.

• Like Like x 1