1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Drafting 20th.

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Lizard72, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    His medical will play a roll in where he goes. He injured his knee and it was originally believed that it wouldn’t be season ending but it was and then he skipped the Fiesta Bowl because he didn’t wan’t to re-injure it. There hasn’t been a whole lot of information about it, almost seems like it is worse than they are letting on but as far as I know, there have been no reports of him having surgery.

Will be interesting to see how the combine plays out. Kiper says he will be ready to work out by then, we’ll see.

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You know that's what's really understated.

This team is right there in the upper half of the drafting pack. Some of these "We're back!" teams have been picking in the top 10 for several years! Cincy crowing about it now but they had to take an established 1-2 combo from College in back to back years, then bring in free-agents from other franchises to build a winning culture! Not like they cultivated it organically with draft picks and the organization!

They're still getting Burrow killed behind that line! They keep that up and you're looking at an Andrew Luck situation!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Unless the injury is something that is expected to be degenerative, I don’t see it pushing him to 20.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I doubt he drops that far but drafts can be funny.

The no chance on my wish list is Thibodeauk. He’ll be gone top five.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, unless he murders someone

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    The NFL would have to have a HUGE change in how offense is played for a space eating DT to move the needle for the Steelers defense. Sub-package football is too important, the rules favoring the passing game, the evolution of NFL offense because of this, all make that type of player nearly obsolete. For at DT to change our team he would need to be Aaron Donald, not Casey Hampton.

I think there are plenty of good options on the defensive side of the ball for us to take this year though. I would stress that we need ILB and Corner the most, but woudn't shy away from any player based on position. The only spot I dont think we can use a top pick on for the defense is pass rusher. Aside from that, we could easily draft a DL, ILB, CB, or S even (S being the least necessary).

9. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    How many years do they need to fix this?

10. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Trade with Minnesota to get the QB you want. They have Covid Cousins and just drafted Kellen Mond last year. They should not be in the market for a qb and receptive to getting more picks.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Philadelphia is another trade partner. They need as many picks as possible to not only rebuild their roster but also compete for the NFC East as quickly as possible.

12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I sure hope you’re inferring a trade for Minshew, not Hurts.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nope on neither.

I mean moving up in the draft order as a whole. As we have seen in the 2019 Draft, takes two to tango. Who knows what the Eagles FO would want for either pick 15 or 16? Moving up four to five spots might not be as expensive as some think.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

The NFL already has a HUGE change on how Offenses are being played. Mobile QBs are frustrating the hell out of defenses as they extend plays far more than ever before. Ironically enough... Big Ben and more famously Fran Tarkenton were notorious for such abilities. That said, what is more impressive about what is being seen is how these QBs are throwing the football and not just at off platform. The arm angles that these QBs can throw the football is just ridiculous. That said, collapsing the pocket is one method of limiting such a QBs field of movement. The next would be gap integrity. The third is discipline; responsibility being the fourth.

Jordan Davis is more than just a mere space eater. For that matter, Jordan Davis is more than just a one position player. Davis can line up on any Interior Spot on the Defensive Line. What sets his abilities though apart from other massive men of his size though is his latent ability as a pass rusher. Yes, the numbers are not there but that is not by design of his choosing but by design of what the Offense simply will not allow him to do. For that matter and, even then, Offenses still could not stop a Jordan Davis who has gotten better with learning the finer aspects of pass rushing. This is yet another reason I believe he could be a supercharged Stephon Tuitt as Davis' abilities remind me of Tuitt sans one critical aspect... availability. Davis has it while, even in college, Tuitt did not.

Should Tuitt not be back come 2021 and all QB options the Steelers would want are off the board???.... I would not mind taking him. Do not sell Jordan Davis short. It is a mistake that, even the likes of Nick Saban himself, lived to regret in 2021.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    jalen pitre from baylor may be a safety we should look at as well.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'd be up for Jordan Davis. With Tuitt looking like he may be out the door and the fact that Cam will be 33, and Alualu will be 35 before the season starts, it's time.

Hopefully the Milkman can build off his successful rookie season.

I was hoping we could get the OL squared a way first but there's a lot of turnover left to come on this team.

• Like Like x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I haven't really seen Him play, or better yet pay him much attention. I think I only seen 2 Baylor games all year

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree. Every time I think about it... there seems to be one more position that needs filling. LoL