1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bills at Chiefs

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Jammasterc, Jan 23, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Cleveland really thought so!! :eek:

Look at them; still searching for one!! :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Apparently some only glance at My post.
    For the 5 million time. I have no problem with a Qb that can run, or extend plays. I have a problem with running Qbs, or Qbs that's teams specifically design game plans for Qbs 2 run.
    What You just showed looked like, Ben extending a play like.....Wilson, Rodgers, and Mahomes 2 name a few. If that was J. Allen, or Lamar they would have taken off ,and run....not ran around extending the play.
    What part of this You don't understand I'm confused with.:shrug:

3. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Josh Allen showcased that multiple times last night. For that matter, NFL's Official YouTube Channel has him doing similar things that Big Ben did in the clip regarding not just the AFC Divisional Game but the whole season.

... kay... guess you would have to see this on YouTube then?

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hope they showed the called Qb runs also.
    Some of You think Qb runs. Look running Qb. LoL.
    For the 8 million time. Qbs have been doing this forever. I could show You P. Manning dad doing the same dang thing.
    That play You showed of Ben is more Fran Tarkenton then J. Allen.
    Of course all You Young guys think everything is new,and improved.
    They got You Young guy believing we never seen mobile Qbs before. LoL.
    Come talk 2 Me about J. Allen after He wins his 1st SB.:thumbs_up:
    Believe Wilson,and Ben had been in 2 in the same amount of time J. Allen's been in the league

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    After yesterday you’re still on that “Allen has to run” kick? On the last drive with 49 seconds left, they had 6 passes and zero runs. On the prior TD drive only 1 designed run did anything to contribute to the drive. The other good run was a scramble. Time to swallow your pride and admit he’s a QB who doesn’t need designed run plays to be successful. He won that game in KC’s house. The last time he touched the football he had given his team a 3 point lead with 13 seconds left by making plays with his arm. His coach lost it for him by not forcing the Chiefs to use time returning a kickoff.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

You young guys? I beg your pardon?

There is a reason why I posted that old Big Ben clip and it was not intended to bring up something that has been proven false. Mobile QB's have existed since Fran Tarkenton as you said. For that matter, one of the biggest sources of information I learned from was Super Bowl IX after watching Super Bowl XLIII as I wanted to improve my knowledge of the game. Of course this whole concept of mobile QBs is not new. What is new is how that mobility is being used in conjunction with arm talent; arm angles now a term many use these days thanks in part to the likes of Mahomes. Granted, other QBs have shown this two; Allen and Herbert being chief among them and more will likely show this in the subsequent years to follow. It is just how the NFL works; a revolutionary trend is made then other teams chase it to capture it.

Regarding the Super Bowls Big Ben won? Takes more than one player to tango; something I have personally said too many times to count. A Franchise Caliber QB is someone that can get you there but does not automatically make you winners of the Super Bowl. If this were the case, Kyler Murray should still be in the playoffs; Josh Allen for that matter as he is also a Franchise Caliber QB as well. For that matter, I do not give a rats tail on how gifted your QB is if they do not have the other necessary components to win the big game. Big Ben had the likes of Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes; Russell Wilson the LOB and Doug Baldwin. Patrick Mahomes has the likes of Kelce and Hill. Again, the whole aspect of the Super Bowl is the battle to determine the NFLs BEST TEAM.... not who has the best player; QB or otherwise.

If anything, see the likes of the 2020 Chiefs and, for that matter, both the 2014 Seahawks and 2010 Steelers for reference on merely having the "best QB" not being enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I agree, but You are a Young Guy. I remember asking You about the H. Ward Hit on R. Woodson, and You said it was before Your time.
    It's OK 2 be Young. I wasn't trying 2 put You down. Just saying a lot have seen way more football. No big deal. A lot have seen more than Me.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He won. Why isn't He playing in the AFC Championship then.
    Did they or Did they not have designed Run plays for Him???? 6 , or More.
    How come no designed run plays for Mahomes???
    He can run also.
    If Your team designs run plays for You every game. You are a running Qb. Period, or at least Your team thinks You are, and I'm not talking Qb freaking sneaks.
    It's funny 2 Me Mahomes team doesn't design any for Him. Tells Me the Bills believe for J. Allen 2 be all He can be they must force Him 2 run.

9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    :hi:

Not worried about being young at all! I have an issue when youth is mistaken for ignorance. Some young people that currently follow the NFL may be naïve to such important figures in NFL History; doubly so on message boards. Rest assured that I am not one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :drinks::thumbs_up:

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You know exactly what I mean. He got the ball with 49 seconds left, and did his job as a QB to get his team what should have been a win in an epic game. After that he never had a chance to do more than spectate and watch a collapse that was equal parts Mahomes doing Mahomes things and his defense unraveling. Just because his coaches design QB runs doesn’t mean that he can’t win without designed runs. It means that his coaches feel that the reward of having him run is worth the risk. I disagree with them, but it’s not my call.

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes I know what you meant. You know I must be facetious at times. LoL. Take No mind of Me.:thumbs_up:

13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Clearly Deebo Samuel can't be trusted as a WR because they design running plays for him. Obviously he can't catch very well. Same with Tyreel Hill. What a bunch of bums, just like Josh Allen apparently.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Yeah great comparison. When He is beat up like Cam Newton with No Sbs . You will see. I've heard all this before. When I said it about Cam, when I said it about Lamar. I could go back farther, but I won't.
    I tell Y'all what. When they win a SB come throw it in My face. I will then agree I'm totally wrong. Hell save this comment. I don't mind being wrong. Helps Me learn. :thumbs_up:

15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm sure Josh Allen would love to have a defence like Ben had so that he can win a SB. Unfortunately for him it takes a team to win it all, and KC is the better team, or at least was slightly better that game.

Him getting beat up has nothing to do with his ability to throw the ball. Cam and Lamar aren't half as good as Josh Allen is. They call designed run plays for him because he's a very good rusher, plus he's big and strong. He can take the hits right now. Mahomes isn't the same type of athlete as Josh Allen so they don't call running plays for him. Or perhaps it's the difference between the two coaches. Who knows. What I do know, and what every knowedgable football fan on earth knows, is that Josh Allen can sling the ball with the best of them. He doesn't need to run to throw the ball, he can throw the ball whether he runs or not. It's just another tool in the toolbox and not a necessary one. It's pretty damn obvious just by watching him.

It's beyond ridiculous you're even questioning him after what he's done

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Whatever You say.
    You do know J. Allen's Defense was number one. That's # 1 Defense in the league. So You want Him to have a even better number 1 Defense??? Is that what You are saying with.... if He had Ben's Defense????
    Ben had a top Defense won a SB. J. Allen had the number 1 Defense, and lost in the playoffs. So....LoL.
    Again. Come back when He wins a SB,and I will admit I'm wrong.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

This guy is awesome, both for his play on the field and his recognition of what defenses are doing.

I’m envious. I hope our guys have this kind of in game awareness.

• Like Like x 1