1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bills at Chiefs

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Jammasterc, Jan 23, 2022.

1. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Ah.

I was talking about week 18. Steelers were lucky to get to OT vs the Lions. Didn't their kicker miss a FG at the end of regulation, makeable FG too, like 48.

2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No. The Loins last possession in regulation ended with a punt from their own 45 with 31 seconds to go. The Lions did miss a 48yrd FG with 4:08 left in OT

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    First of all let me just say other than our SB win against AZ, I think this was one the best games (KC/Bills) I have ever seen. Everyone talking about coin flip, 13 seconds up 3 and Buffalo coach doesn’t squib kick to run clock, he’ll at least 4-5 seconds run off the clock. Major bad coaching move….

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Mahommes on the verge of doing something not even TB could do, go to the Super Bowl three years in a row.

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Didn’t Jim Kelly do it 4 in a row!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    Sorry mate, I agree with you for the most part here on board. But your doubts and skepticism about Josh Allen are a total mystery to me. Yesterday was definitely a duel between two young quarterback giants.

Normally I'm not a fan of statistics and prefer to trust my eyes. But now I have to try the statistics. Josh Allen throws in the regular season 2020 and 2021 for 4544 and 4407 yards at 572 and 646 attemps. These are very similar stats compare to Mahomes (4740/4839 yds at 588/658 att). This Dude runs a bit more than Mahomes but both had similar averages on their runs. Maybe he's the best of both worlds, even if he doesn't have Mahomes' genius in his throws. He is definitely not a running Quaterback at first like Lamar just due some designed run plays. I think their are also a lot RPO´s from Mahomes where it is very likely he will take the run.

Of all the young quarterbacks out there, he's my number one pick for the Steelers. He would suit us best not only in terms of the scheme but also in terms of character. I really hope our front office finds a quarterback like him in future drafts.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Everyone in the NFL is in Cahoots, if i ever had doubts the playoffs wasn't legit, i don't anymore

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He did.
    "WIDE RIGHT!"

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Because...?

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Did you not watch the games this weekend,? every game played ended in some crazy way, 13 sec to score cmon man.. Tenn / cinn game 9 sacks, TB amazing comeback, when TB he coudnt throw a cat out of a house the first half, greenbay fg/ punt blocked in same game 3 out of 4games came down to the last few secnds , and 1 went to ot..... NFL is all abt ratings , and they dont care how the get them ....

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If you believed that, you wouldn’t be watching football anymore. Why watch something you don’t think is legit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Reg season is legit, when it comes to post season the Nfl has another agenda, i watch be cause i like to see that my believs are true. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Nobody had "not losing seasons" like the Bills!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Because I like the cool finishing moves and finding out who is putting the moves on Stephanie McMahon.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't know why it's hard 2 understand. :shrug:
    While both can run....only one has designed runs. J. Allen.
    Clearly the Bills believe He's a running Qb, or why design so many Qb runs.
    KC doesn't. Though both can run.
    Simply 2 Me it shows. Bills believe they have 2 have J. Allen run 2 be affective. While KC believe in Mahomes arm, and decision making 2 run if needed.
    I think People get Me wrong. I have nothing against a Qb that can run.
    Nothing, but I don't want a Qb that You have 2 design runs for so that He maybe affective. That's all.
    That's why I'd take a Wilson, Mahomes, and Murray type Guy any day over a Lamar, and J. Allen type guy.

16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Brady did go to 3 in a row, 2016-18. Unless the TB you are referring to is Terry Bradshaw.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Huh I forgot about that. And that was pretty recent lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

So your beef is not that Allen CAN run, it’s that they design plays to take advantage of that skill? Rather than restricting him to running as a last resort? Note: Wilson and Murray- two guys you approve of-also run by design.

Tell me, do you not buy a Swiss Army Knife because it’s designed with a can opener, cork screw and nail file- and not just a knife blade? Are you upset that your phone has a compass, a calculator and a flashlight - when it should just be a phone?

WR shouldn’t run jet sweeps, OTs should never be eligible, Punters should never throw a pass, their not designed to.

Allen doesn’t need to run to be an effective passer, he’s demonstrated that. Especially the last 2 games. But he CAN run, and runs well. He’s fast, he’s big, he’s hard to bring down. It would malpractice if his OC didn’t take advantage of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    As a Coach it should be malpractice 2 subject Him , on purpose 2 more punishment then He will take in the course of a NFL game. Yes when the designed runs for Wilson I didn't like it, but in the last years they haven't, because they trust Him.

Hey let's spend most of our Cap space capital on a Guy then(because He doesn't get hit enough) let's Run him on purpose at the Defense. Worked Well for a bigger Qb....Cam. :shrug:

20. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    I don't think it has anything to do with not trusting him to hit his opponent with his arm. As I had already written. He had nearly the same number of pass attempts and good results throughout the 2020 and 2021 seasons. And yesterday both quaterbacks had almost identical passing stats.
    I think it has more to do with the Bills believing their running game will be better with him. and it's one more aspect that opposing defenses need to consider. As AFan already wrote. His running game is a weapon right now, so why not take advantage of it. But I'm sure his game will certainly adapt to that in a few years.
    But to be fair. Mahomes is the better passer than him at the moment

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Cam has been hit harder and more times in 1 quarter than I have seen Jackson, Allen and Murray take during their careers so far.

Cam got the Big Ben treatment. Refs would be looking at the sky whistling, I didn’t see nothing.

22. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am going to say something against the rules, but the 10 seconds Mahomes drive was as impressive as the Immaculate Reception. The Immaculate Reception took a super smart player in Franco and some puck luck, Tatum not playing the ball. But Mahommes throwing two clutch darts going 45 yards in ten seconds was ridiculous. I am glad Mahomes didn't play for the Raiders in 1972.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Can’t put it any better than that.

24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s funny that his draft profile was immobile QB that has trouble evading the rush.

• Like Like x 1