1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

He is NOT coming to the Steelers!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Jan 23, 2022.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You heard it from the horse’s mouth yesterday. “ I don’t want to be part of a rebuild. If I’m going to keep playing”. Stop with the Rogers to the Steelers nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Steelers aren’t rebuilding. They haven’t sold off any players or made major moves to free up a ton of cap space. They are a QB and 2 lineman away from being contenders.

• Disagree x 5
    • Hilarious x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic x 1
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Tomlin for Rodgers straight up. Do it

• Agree x 4
    • Hilarious x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Steelers have a solid defense. They very well could have both Alualu and Tuitt back next season.

Bring back JuJu and sign a couple of veteran offensive lineman and the Steelers could win a Super Bowl with Rodgers.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed, he's not coming here. We don't make blockbuster deals like that

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    We also aren’t going into 22 season with that Defense and a bum QB. Atleast I would hope the Rooney’s aren’t that dumb. But they’ve surprised me a lot this year lol.

7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    this isn’t mlb

Min of 3 ol
    Qb
    Ilb
    Cb
    Nb

20 unrestricted free agents

45million in cap space

make no mistake we are rebuilding

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Another guy that's wants to duplicate his post in every thread. Might as well be a spam bot.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I believe the Steeler organization is smart enough to see the writing on the wall. They will draft a QB (what round I'm not sure) and bring in a veteran (nobody earth shattering) and have them all compete for the spot. Don't be surprised if the winner is Rudolph.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There is no rebuild. It’s normal roster turnover and transactions as every other offseason.

What do fans think, Colbert and Tomlin are ever going to have an offseason where they go “hey, we don’t have anything to do this offseason, lefts go fishing, Mike!”

Let me know when they have a fire sale and jettison a bunch of high price players as well as their best players and then we will be in a rebuild.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Negative (Arnold Schwarzenegger voice) No Rodgers.

This.

Not this season. Alualu will come back I believe but Tuitt is still a mystery. I feel he is done. They have several needs on defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    The Steelers do not rebuild, they reload.

It seems we go through this every season. Go back and look at the posts claiming we were rebuilding last year, and the year before.

The Steelers will sign their own, and add some pieces during FA, then fill in the rest with the draft. It's what they do.

I agree with your orginal premise. He is not coming here. But that doesn't mean the Steelers are rebuilding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Bring in Aaron Rodgers and suddenly everyone wants to play here. Just might lure Tuitt off his couch.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    In a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Who TF is Rogers?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Might need to add WR, RB2, 2 x ILB, CB to that list. Also, if Chuks leaves it will be 3 lineman.

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think this is enough of a rebuild that Rodgers would balk at coming to the Steelers, but I just don't see them making that trade. It just doesn't seem like anything the Steelers would do. Also, I don't think that would be enough to win a Super Bowl given the holes they have to fill.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Reloading implies we have talented players waiting in the wings to take over. We do not. This is a rebuild. Not in the tear it all down and start over sense, but still a rebuild nonetheless. If everything were to go their way this off-season then you might be able to call it a reload.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So you are playing word games where you(meaning strummerfan) get to dictate what the business of the Pittsburgh Steelers is called while telling the rest of the world their definition is wrong because you say so? ooops sorry I missed the point where you also got to define reloading as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I guess if you want to spin it that way. I’m assuming the second part of what i said is what you have a problem with so I’ll clarify just for you. If the Steelers manage to HIT on all their draft picks and fill the remaining holes with above average players via free agency then it’s a reload. Does that help?

21. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    My problem is that you are telling us what rebuild is and what reload is as if your definition is the only one it is. Your response to Turn down for Watt was that what he is suggesting is like your's word games. No matter what they are rebuilding so we can call it what we want you are still going to tell us it is rebuilding. Normal business=rebuilding. Normal draft=rebuilding. Normal free agent signing period= rebuilding. normal OTA's=rebuilding. Normal postseason exit interviews=rebuilding.

For the record I agree with your original post and Aaron Rodgers is 95% not coming to Pittsburgh as the Steelers lack capital to make a trade happen unless they go the Herschal Walker/Ricky Williams deal. They also don't have the available cap space to do it and still replace depth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I was thinking...Saints might be a good landing spot for him...that team could go to the Superbowl with the right QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    well I’m working off what is generally the accepted definitions of reload and rebuild when talking about sports. Does alabama reload or rebuild? Do they tear it all down or are there players waiting to take over? Are coordinators etc being replaced? Retired? Look at the Steelers. Replacing the defensive coordinator. Replacing the o-line coach. Supposedly replacing the general manager. Possibly replacing khan as well. Replacing the qb. Replacing at least 2 and possibly 3 offensive linemen… from my understanding of the definition of those terms we are rebuilding.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    From what I understand from Packers fans that have been doing a lot of the same speculating we are it's not so much the team or situation that needs to be right as far as contenders vs WIP. Its that like with Ben last year his salary is considerable, any trade the Packers do must have equal value or more returned to them and very few teams willing to sacrifice that kind of capital on a bold throw to put them over. The Bucs with Brady was a FA deal where Brady who, while I hate the man is business savvy enough to know that 15 million is plenty and while 35-40 million is more it limits the team from making necessary moves. The guy knows taking less leads to getting more. Rodgers is more along the lines of give me mine and I don't care what happens or so the holdout preseason would tell us.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t even call it reloading, I just think of it as retooling. Normal stuff you have to do every draft and FA season.

The online and QB are the two biggest areas that need to be addressed.

We are talking about a team that won 9 games with major flaws in those two areas. I don’t think it is as bleak as some feel.

• Agree Agree x 3