1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooney

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Last year Fredo Rooney after the Steelers were ranked LAST in the NFL in rushing...

" THIS is NOT Steelers Football!!!!!! Arrrggghhhhh, Grrrrrr...THIS will NOT happen again!!!!! arrrggghhhhh Grrrrrrrrr!!!!! ( Stomps feet, shakes fist )

This year...30th in Rushing!!!!!! Well, We weren't last again! Lol

I'm starting to believe....That Fredo believes, all of Popcorns Bull****! The Raiders or some other team could offer us 5 first round draft choices for Popcorn, and Fredo wouldn't think in was enough!

Steelers Football as we know it is done until Fredo cleans House ( which he won't ) * Stability, *Steelers Way, We don't blink, * We'll rectify it, * Rooney Rule, *.500 seasons, *3 Coaches in 125 years blah blah blah...Bull****...

This thread was titled Rooney ( Fredo ) So I don't get scolded for another " Look at me, another Tomlin thread "

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Any of you guys history buffs? Is Tomlin to the Steelers what Rasputin was to the Romanovs?

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    What I want to see from Rooney:

1. Replace Canada with a known commodity as OC
    2. Hire a DC and tell Tomlin he is not the DC
    3. Pay for free agent o-linemen that improves the o-line.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They addressed part of the problem, got a really good RB who had about 1700 all purpose yards. I’d say that part was successful.

The line wasn’t a success but they addressed part of it and will add more pieces to it this off season. Hopefully that unit plays well next season. You’ll have a highly ranked ground game then.

Some of you guys need a snickers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

How many SBs did Rasputin win?

There is on similarity: Rasputin was very hard to kill, just like MikevTomlins teams. No matter how bad they, they are always in playoff contention to the bitter end.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    With regard to the line, I hope Kendrick Green never touches the ball again unless he’s recovering a fumble. Move him to guard, his more natural position, and find a center through the draft or free agency.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think that was probably always the plan if he didn’t pan out as a center. They probably thought they had the guard position covered for one more season and then Decastro threw a wrench in things.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    If there had been Super Bowls in Russia in 1906? All of them.

"Playoff contention" for Rasputin is him at belly full of cyanide, shot in the head and thrown off a bridge into frigid waters strength.

Rasputin never had a losing season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The Czar wanted Houdini in the 1st round ,and settled with Rasputin in the 2nd if You know Your History.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Houdini would have escaped the assassination attempt, yeah. The Czar could draft, man, the Czar could draft. All hail the Czar!

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Freaking Love this song. I Love this album.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    This guy didn't get treated that well and ended up in a cold Russian grave. He was to chummy with the Mrs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I would address both center and guard this off-season and have Green earn playing time. He was a disaster at center, and while he may be more comfortable at guard, I’m not sold on him as a starting caliber player at any position.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They are short on draft picks, you’ll be lucky if they don’t put him at center again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There will be plenty of low to mid tier free agents who could realistically be better than Green, including some of our own (Hassenauer was an upgrade… wow).

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hopefully that's not the case! I would have JC Hassenauer 100 times before Green. I'm hoping they will look for a FA to solidify the position. I'm hoping.

18. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Not sure how I feel about Teryl Austin getting promoted to D Coordinator and him being another figurehead for Tomlin to continue to call the defense. Rooney just will not step in and do what’s necessary in telling Tomlin you need to do this and that or else. He is satisfied with just making the playoffs and competing and until that mindset changes it’s gonna be hard to see the Steelers really getting all that much better.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats what I’m thinking or hoping, they go the FA route to fix some of these issues and I don’t mean basement bargain signings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    hassenauer isn't old. we have green, dotson, leglue (who played pretty well these last few games) and pridgeon (who looked pretty good in preseason), at guard at this point. green, leglue and hassenauer can play center if needed. we need a tackle as an upgrade. moore will start at LT again. we have green (chaz) and haeg as backup tackles. my worry is MT bringing back okorafor again.

now without our subpar o-line coach can we make these guys work in year two together. just continually changing parts doesn't help much if the same mistakes are being made. we saw some improvement the last couple of games. can they build on that? :cool:

21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    A snickers and

8ECBADE6-96A3-4AC2-8622-8D2FF14061BC.jpeg

22. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    This is the reason god created the "Very Optimistic" button. The Steelers haven't finished higher than 14th in rushing yards since 2010 at 11th.

The run game was immediately abandoned as soon as Tomlin became coach. If Tomlin had Emmit Smith running behind the Cowboys 1992 OL he couldn't finish top 10 in rushing on accident.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Just the one. But it doesn't count because he won it with Alexandre III's team.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  24. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yea but that way of thinking it would take several years to be good. We are so bad in most areas, our receivers went backwards this year. Our middle linebackers were horrible against the run and pass. Our play calling was horrible this year, when a running back gets so many attempts and such of big part of the offense, them someone else is not producing, either the QB or the receivers. There is so much wrong with this team including the coaches that fixing a part of the problem does not cut it.

Come on now look at the contenders there is a high difference.

25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Rooney would have to of known the line was crap going into the season.

Also, he grew up and saw all the great running backs...I wonder what he thinks of this era of NFL where teams air it out like a video game?