1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Really not looking forward to next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brandon556211, Jan 19, 2022.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I look forward to every season. I personally think the Steelers bring in a vet QB to compete with Rudolph. Whomever the guy is, if we build a team around the QB the Steelers should be competitive.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Even if it was Rudolph slamming Canada’s manhood in Brandon’s car door…I’d still rather watch Steelers football.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't know. I might pay a little bit of money so I could watch that.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mason hasn't won the starting job yet, fans are overreacting to Tomlin saying Mason and Haskins will have a chance to compete.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm actually already looking forward to next season. The draft can't get here soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm looking forward to it. Bring in a vet QB, draft one, and focus on the offensive line.

Focus on the offensive time of possession

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I cant wait to see Mason R . Hand the ball off to the weak side on third and one with the RB 25 yards deep for a minus 2 yard gain like every third and short this year. CANADA Sucks A&&.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Tsk tsk tsk. I see you guys saying you can't wait until the draft and next season but for those of you who root for all 3 Burgh pro teams you are totally forgetting the excitement the double A Pittsburgh Pirates will bring to you:)

Obvious joke but at least the Penguins will give us a ride.

To be honest, I'm more interested in this off season and draft since the year Ben was drafted. Needless to say the QB position is going to be an intriguing situation and I'm pumped for draft and August. I do think you guys who said we will bring in a veteran to compete are spot on. Listening to all the talking heads I bet I've heard 4-5 names mentioned but we shall see.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Can we stop with the talk of guy's junk being slammed in car doors? Yinz guys are giving me nightmares. :eek:

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m very much looking forward to next season. I’m choosing to have optimism for being competitive again starting in ‘23 or ‘24, and next season will be a big growth year opportunity for many young players, including those yet to be drafted. I’ll be very interested in seeing how those players develop over the course of next season. Guys like Dan Moore, Loudermilk, Norwood, Buddy Johnson, Highsmith, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Can someone define "competitive"?

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I define “competitive” as competing to win the division and having a legit shot at making it to a conference championship game (where anything can happen) if we play our best ball at the right time. If you have a puncher’s chance at winning it all, you’re competitive. It doesn’t mean that the team is the favorite to win it all, but that it can beat anybody on any given Sunday if it executes, and is a postseason threat. By “competitive” I absolutely do not mean competing for a 7 seed and a chance to get smeared in the opening round. If you’re 9-8 team playing on the road vs. a higher seed and are double digit underdogs, you’re not really competitive. So my short answer is that if you have legit aspirations of winning a championship, and not just a hope and a prayer, you’re competitive. That’s my answer anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I could see that with an elite QB maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Winning more games than you are losing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Honestly... I haven't been looking forward to any season since the horrific playoff loss to Jax. Steelers are the ultimate underachievers. Modern Cowboys teams are a close 2nd.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I don't think anybody doubts this. After all, we're not talking about the scum sucking, human parasite Bob Nutting. The Rooney's take pride in their success. Not like Bob Nutting, the lowest piece of...I digress. But, at some point you have to start questioning the method when the "standard" is no longer yielding the desired results. Have they gone astray? If so, why? Inability to adapt to a changing league? Political interest not conducive to winning? Poor personnel moves? Usually though, when a company hits a period of stagnation, it's usually decided that a change in philosophy is needed. And, so far, we're not seeing that at all from the Steelers organization.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    w Mason as QB and Canada as OC, I seriously can not pick the Steelers to win one game next year. Name one win next year with a straight face (Unless we get a QB in free agency or draft, things might change but I doubt we get a Wilson and I dont think there will be any Joe Burrows at pick #20 who can lift a team as a rookie).

Defense looks okay going into next year, even if we lose Haden (I hope he stays). Offense looks easily bottom third in the league.

Expectations are currently rock bottom.

But you know what they say about having no expectations? It takes all the pressure off. Anything positive on offense next year will be a surprise.

https://sofoarchon.com/having-no-expectations-the-secret-to-freedom-and-happiness/

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The day after the Jax debacle was the end of the road for mt. Painfully clear to anyone besides AR2 I suppose

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    If Mason is QB we are a 3/4 win team next year.

20. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    Agree. The combo Mason / Canada would be the most horrible football the NFL would have ever seen. then it no longer means no TD in the first half in 5 games in a row, but no TD at all 5 games in a row.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I never use the slamming it (the man hood) in the car door analogy.

I more of the kind of guy who says he rather send his man hood through a pickle slicer when witnessing or doing something he rather not.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That maybe even worse. LoL. GEEZZZZ!!!

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Noah Webster

24. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Of course Tomlin is naturally gifted at being a bad coach

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Everyone wants the high pick so they can get the new franchise QB but no one wants the losing season it takes to get one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1