1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Well, the new nfl format was ....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Jan 17, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe Dallas was the only home team 2 lose. I could be Wrong.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What's wrong with Art Majors???
    LoL

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Wouldn't be surprised? Heck, I'm expecting it. I don't support but in time it will be here.

It's not too farfetched to think that some players in the future will expect or even demand participation trophies just for making those over saturated playoffs. And like everything else these days they will most likely get their way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

They make me jealous. I can't even draw a stick figure.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Sad thing is...Colts or Chargers would have been a better 8th seed than Steelers were a 7th seed. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Now we don't know that.
    Only thing I can agree with is the Chargers....because they are in the same Division as KC so being a Division opponent it's always (most of the time) a closer game. Though neither made it ....so screw them. LoL

7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Of all the arguable stupidity of the extended season, that Monday night game takes the cake.

8. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Was he just cut? Sign him!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Is there some sort of revelation going on with some of you that this is an entertainment industry?

Of course it's money driven why the hell else would owners (CEOs).... Own.
    It's a business made off a game. There are professional "Tag" games, I mean come on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I expect that as well, reverting back to the top two teams making byes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I know I'm stating the obvious but I'm just saying in relation to people complaining that the extra game was for reasons other than money.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    My only issue is that teams with losing records will eventually make the post season. I don't think a team with a losing record should make the post season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Well the problem is the quality of the games suck. As a non biased observer what do you think they would get out of watching blowout non competitive games? I get it’s all about making money but it waters it down.

14. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

It's turning into college. I seen so many college teams with losing records in bowl games. Unreal.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    How is school going?

Junior year?

16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Of course it's about money. Why is that even a debate. WTF did you think it was about? Every owner is a business person running a billion or multi-billion dollar enterprise. Their business is providing entertainment for people who are interested in spending their hard earned coin for it. Adding another game is another opportunity for people to be entertained and for the owners to make more profits. If there wasn't a significant base of people interested in paying for the entertainment, then there wouldn't be an extra game. Simple economics of supply and demand.

Let me ask you a question. Let's say you're a fan of Metallica and they are going on a 30 city tour. Then, before the tour starts, they add 5 more cities and the addition just happens to include your city. Now you are able to see them because you weren't able to travel. Are you going to gripe about it just being a money grab by the band and the quality of their performance would be diluted or somehow inferior simply because they added more dates?

FFS, just enjoy the entertainment and stop beeyotching and moaning about it. YES it is about the money. Always has been. That is not a novel concept.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’ll ****. People around here ***** and complain if the Steelers don’t blow everyone out. We have a close win and this place goes nuts. Too much stress.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Post of the day!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Well if that’s the case then why not have every team make the playoffs and get a bunch more revenue.

I agree with what you are saying KVS but I think to add extra playoff games or playoff teams that are not deserving to watch them get beat into a pulp affects the integrity of the tournament. Where do you draw the line? Some things are better left alone.

20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still have never understood why the NFL did away with the 2nd bye week.

16 games played in 18 weeks. Seems like that extra week of football would have increased national TV revenue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Did the patriots deserve to be in the playoffs this year? Did the Arizona Cardinals deserve to be in the playoffs this year? They both got their ass kicked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    IMO the sun is hot.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't know man. The first time a 7 seed wins a first round game, this argument is moot.

Think about the 1st year guys on the #2 seeds that now have a playoff game under their belt. That is valuable experience that should help them this weekend. Sure, it's valuable to get the #1 seed and time to rest and get healthy, but it is also valuable to get your rooks some experience before they play tougher competition in the 2nd round.

I was happy that the steelers got another game even though they looked like smashed dog sh!t. and judging by attendance and TV viewing, so were a whole lot of people.

There are a lot of different ways to rationalize it on either side of the debate. But at the end of the day, the integrity of the tournament doesn't really matter does it?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Listen I’m with ya and as usual think you are pretty spot on I guess what I’m saying to you and Glenn is where do you draw the line? The 2 seed not getting a bye is BS in my eyes they went through the grind and deserve it. So 8 teams? 10 teams? I just think they more they extend out the more watered down the competition gets. But ultimately I understand it’s dollars and cents and that’s what makes the world go round.

• Like Like x 2
  25. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    A couple years ago I was thinking college football was dropping the ball only having 4 teams in the playoff. I’m like why not have 8/12/16 and some awesome tournament. Then I watch Bama and some other SEC/Clemson team beat a 3/4 seed by 40 and am like oh yea that’s why! Sometimes less is more.

• Like Like x 1