1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin presser today some highlights…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 18, 2022.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Either that or y’all could pull your head’s out of your backsides and pay attention to what happened on the field. Maybe then you’ll start to understand how badly roethlisberger handcuffed the offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It doesn’t, he’s stubborn and stuck on that even know I posted an interview of Arians saying Tomlin was going to get him his money :lolol:

I guess you can make an argument that maybe it was Colbert and not Rooney even know the beat writers at the time said it was Rooney.

It wasnt Tomlin though, indisputable.

3. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    MT says he wants a mobile QB. We can count Mason and Haskin out.

I say we tank until Arch Manning declares for the draft. I can live with a four year rebuilding plan. Hell the Browns are fast approaching the 30th year of their plan

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben didn't drop those passes in KC ... that hit his receivers in the hands by the way ...

Did you watch the Lions game? No matter what limitations he had he was clearly the best option.

Offensive line handcuffed the team, by far the worst I have ever seen.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    But Tomlin just said that he have to compete with Haskins in camp. Bad luck mate. But don't be worry, it would nothing change.

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    This statement right here is all I need to hear.

Fire Tomlin immediately. He is either too clueless to right the ship, too apathetic, or looking to keep a sacrificial lamb on board to throw under the bus the next time his seat gets even slightly warm.

How anyone can watch what's going on and say that just boggles my mind. He'd be on the Titanic saying everything is fine. Besides, the water isn't that cold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Mate? I’m not British. Lol
    I wanted to move on from Ben, save the money and start Rudolph. We’re a year behind now if Rudolph doesn’t pan out. And Haskins? Lol

8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes. Ben was the entire problem. Ben was why we couldn't run the ball. Ben was why we were running 3 yard patterns on 3rd and long. Ben was why the offense didn't change one iota when Ben wasn't even playing...

Yeah. Ben was horrible. But the play calling and design were worse.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The majority of the time it’s coach speak or he’s being facetious.

10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    The season is over. Give us a real, honest answer for once then.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I'm glad you understand. :smiley1:

12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Yes I watched the game. Diontae dropped two and ben under threw Chase etc. Ben handcuffed this offense. He’s got a noodle for an arm and can’t throw deep. His accuracy and timing on short passes is mediocre at best. His refusal to play from under center eliminates the play action pass and also limits the running game. Add all that **** up and defenses sell out to stop everything underneath and stop the run. But, but, but Canada.

We tied the lions, but Rudolph had us in position to win, twice.

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Ben isn’t the sole problem, but he’s a large part of the problem. Can’t throw deep? Defenses sell out to stop the short passes and the run. Won’t play from under center? no play action passing game. We saw it last year as well. The titans put the blueprint out there for how to beat us and it was over. It’s continued on this season. Two different coordinators with the same quarterback getting the same results. Maybe it’s time to take off the roethlisberger glasses and stop blaming the coordinators.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Why didn’t the offense suddenly erupt against the then-winless Lions?

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    He's a FA :shrug:

16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Was rome built in day?

jesus tap dancing Christ y’all are hilarious. One game and it’s see? He’s the worst ever! Ben is a god! He can do no wrong! Ben’s skill set has been diminishing for several years.

17. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I think Tomlin has a lot of say in who is hired and fired his finger prints are all over the Steelers

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelersGermany

Dec 27, 2021
    For sure. But I spent some time in my life in down under and i can't get certain phrases out of my language use when i switch to english. So,sorry for that mate :smiley1:

What does that say about you after 4 years on the team when you have to compete with Haskins to be a starter. Forget Rudolph.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Glenn isnt making a case for Rudolph to be QB, he’s saying he wished they hadn’t wasted a year that could have been used to make that distinction for sure. Doesn’t matter what fans think of Rudolph, Steelers aren’t listening to them.

There is a good chance they will now use 2022 to determine if Rudolph can be the guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. SteelersGermany

Dec 27, 2021
    I get what he tried to say. But what i tried to say is. Even if Rudolph would know in off-season he will be our man, the output wouldn't change. As backup u have to prepare to be the no. 1, maybe due to injury or whatever and take your chance when the Chance comes. He did in 2019 (his sophomore) nothing behind an OL with pouncey, AL, DeCastro,Foster etc. and got benched for an UDFA Duck. He will be much more worst behind the next OL. To expect he will be improve his play and becomes a good one just in the knowledge he will Start next season is naive or ridicolous.

And btw, for me this last season with Big Ben was entertaining and legendary. I don't want to miss this memories and wins against titans, browns and ravens just to show me again, that Rudolph is a complete bust

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You believe anything a coach says to the media? It's all smoke and mirrors.

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He is a restricted free agent. If they offer him the minimum, he can't negotiate with any other team. With Jackson as the starter, they need a backup who is a threat to run. Given that they can keep him at such a low salary, he's not going anywhere.

• Winner Winner x 2
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The drops weren't the only problem Sunday night. The routes they don't even try due to Roethlisberger's limited arm were a problem. The times he underthrew receivers on deep routes were a problem. The other throws he missed were a problem. His lack of mobility was a problem.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Most fans don’t think Rudolph is the answer but like it or not, good chance thats what you are watching next season.

They should have moved on from Ben at the end of 2020. Lot of fans knew he was shot, 2021 was painful to watch him play. Watching him beat Cleveland and walk off Heinz Field for the last time was nice but I’d have preferred not wasting an entire season just for that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

:hmm: It’s anyones guess what is going to happen this offseason. FA, draft, Vet, Rudolph/Haskins, all on the table.

• Informative Informative x 1