1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring 50 offensive linemen to camp.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 88Unstoppable82, Jan 17, 2022.

1. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    PLEASE!!!

Surely they can hit on 10%. They can't possibly miss on that many.

Can they?

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    There would be 50 guys available for a reason.

Besides, an NFL team is only allowed to have 90 players at camp.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    I'm aware. Just using exaggeration (which I apparently mistakenly thought everyone would understand - apologies for that) to make a point.

Although I would stock up on more offensive linemen than I'd plan to have in a typical camp this coming year, in hopes of landing a hidden gem or two.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    They could change the rules and allow us to have 50 Olineman against 11 defenders and we would still go 5 wide and throw a 30 yard pass on 3rd and 2 or throw it 2 yards on 3rd and 8.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I understand your point. We’ve got to get better in the trenches and it starts with the OL. We need to get back to focusing on being able to run the ball and stop the run. I remember back when Bettis was in his prime our OL was dominating. Late in games when the Steelers were protecting a lead the other team knew what was coming and still couldn’t stop it. It was much like that with Franco and our great offensive line in the 70s as well. Let’s get back to that! We’ve got a stud RB now so let’s get him some big uglies up front to pave the way for him!

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Don’t assume anybody on this board understands hyperbole…:lolol:

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wouldn't know how to evaluate them, or use them. We need an OC
    that knows the run game and can find OL to execute it.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they kind of tried that this year. heag, cowherd, prigeon, green, green, leglue, finney, hassenauer, dotson, turner, banner, okorafor, moore, gilliam. only 5 of 14 were here a year ago. :cool:

10. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Sure. Let's make it like a competition you see on TV with coaches as judges and fans vote via Twitter. Start it at mini camp and bring it down to 10 contestants. Each week of camp two gets eliminated and then the final day of camp announce the winner. The winner gets a spot on the practice squad and a $50 Gift Certificate to eat at Pam's Diner.

11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    What is everyones guess...Do we stay with Chris Morgan ( sadly I think so ) or go outside the organization

12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The answer isn't bringing in a ton of camp fodder and rolling the dice..... It's time to actually scout elite prospects

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

Now your making way too much sense

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Oh damn, you're right. Until the bus driver changes, the destination will remain the same. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    It'll be whomever is cheaper to get. JMO>

16. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    The best 10% of dog poop is still dog poop

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    Okay Colbert. Let's go

18. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Or maybe one competent OL coach

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey 88.

You have identified (as if we all did not know) the BIGGEST ELEPHANT in the room. This has to be rectified. As I have stated, our Offensive Line was 100% "OVERHAULED". Five totally brand-new players to formulate that "Five-Man Wall" of Protection. It does not matter the cast of Skilled-Position players that we have and IMO we are good there (DJ, Claypool, Washington, JuJu, Najee, Freiermuth and even Gentry). If they cannot create holes to run through, and "hold the line" long enough for a play to develop, the talent there is irrelevant.

Playing Green at center was a complete "bone-headed" move. Another one of Tomlin's experiments gone awry, in addition to hiring Matt Canada, that went haywire. How in the World do you justify this of a rookie who has only played the Center position FOUR TIMES in his collegiate career?! If this in fact was going to be Ben's last season, this WAS NOT the time for such "experimentation" with the Offense. And Coach Canada. A four-year old with poster paper and crayons could provide more effective Offensive ingenuity. This season was set-up for mediocrity at best with these "experiments" as I call them.

This current O-Line never gelled as the season progressed. Not even an inkling IMO. And although Ben's skill set has progressively diminished over the past few years, I truly believe that with a solid O-Line, and the skilled-position players that we have on Offense, we would have seen a much better "Offensive Product".

Oh well. Coach Tomlin seems to have been given a life-time contract by Mr. Rooney, especially with a three-year contract extension. Wow! Just Wow, is all that comes to mind after what has transpired under Coach Tomlin's tenure the past decade. If we are "stuck" with him, then get some Top-Tier Assistant Coaches to help this man. If he in fact took over the Defensive calling duties from Coach Butler this season, with THESE RESULTS, then again Mr. Rooney get this man some real help to get this team out of the quicksand that we have been stuck in for nearly ten years now.

Plain "Disgusting" I say as a Steelers' fan for nearly fifty years now. I have never seen such incompetency before from the top Administrators down within this Organization like that which I have been witnessing over the past decade. Again, "Disgusting".

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Morgan is at least an NFL head OL position coach. The last two we had were someone's understudy. I don't have a problem with Morgan if that's the way they go. :cool: