1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harvin was MVP of last night's game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I was a vocal a critic of Harvin as anyone, but he was the best Steelers player last night.

7 punts for 348 yards, 49.7 yards average. Without his great punting the Chiefs may have scored 70 last night.

Congrats Harvin for playing so well!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. richard martin

richard martin Member

Dec 27, 2021
    true, gotta give him credit. Glad he performed like he should have been playing. Wish it mattered more. At least the game wasn't lost by him. Wish they really decided to go nuts when the game seemed out of reach like the raiders/chargers game. Why did they play so sedately at the end, like just doing practice out there.

3. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    I don't think they believed the game was winnable. What was Tomlin's quote again...something about how gameplans are irrelevant?

If Tomlin truly believed they could beat the Chiefs purely on talent / execution he needs to be fired.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    His best game yet but Watt gets it in my opinion. There should have been 5 more flags thrown against the ignored holding calls on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    At least Watt seems to be a lock to win DPOY now.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not sure a playoff game should be a factor

Seems unfair to a candidate who’s team didn’t make the playoffs

Unless that candidate plays for Cleveland

7. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    "How many completed passes will Ben have at halftime?"

8. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Most Valuable Player means just that- the player with the most value to the team. If that player goes down, there goes your team. We’ve seen that is the case with Watt. Not so much with Garrett and Donald

9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

Call me a sucker for irrelevant stats but this is awesome to see.

I know many were questioning Percy but if those stats are accurate what a great night.
    Lets hope he can turn that game into constant productions.

He lost his dad (correct?) I'm sure most of us would be sha(n)ken at our job, pun intended.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    One game out of 15 or so, not bad. 24 hrs before the game everyone wanted Waitman to punt because Harvin was near the bottom of the punters in the league and was terrible. Now, after 1 game, he's great?

12. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Not that great. Harvin's net punt average was 40.9. That's for 1 game. Jordan Berry's net punt average on the year was 40.8 which was 14th best.

So Harvin had an average game. Lucky that line drive to Hardman with 3s air time didn't get returned for 6.

13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'd like to see Harvin get on a weight program and add some muscle.

Not fat shaming the guy, but he appears way out of shape even for a Punter ( I know it a Punter)

But, he went through a lot. I am hoping he succeeds.

I feel terrible that the entire Heinz Field booed him for his poor performance during the Titans game a which his dad was at the game for and passed away a week later. Not on of our better looks that day, but I don't think any Steelers fans knew about the deal with his Dad going on at the time.

But that aside I feel he really needs to get in better shape it will only help his game out in my eyes.

14. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I heard that Harvin already found a trainer local to Pittsburgh that he is going to train with in the off-season. Apparently it's the same trainer that Bettis worked with.

[​IMG]

15. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I believe he ranked last in the NFL or close to it for avg or net avg w/ 50+ punt attempts. The guy we fired was one of the better punters in the NFL in 2021. Another brilliant personnel decision. Feel like we have had a run of bad luck when it comes to making personnel decisions.