1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistically, your thought on 2022 QB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Jan 16, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Wondering who you guys think will be under center for us come Sept.??? Not who you want but what you think the organization will do.

Mason Rudolph my guess

IMO the Steelers will not grab an outside FA QB. They will draft a QB but he will not start the season. Maybe things will go south fast and he'll be thrown to the wolves but at the moment I'm pretty sure come Sept. Go Mason. ( meh)

I see Tommy boy is visiting the great city of Pittsburgh next season. Beat him up!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteelersMagic85

SteelersMagic85 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2021
    With the need of quite a few pieces I see them bringing in a plug and play veteran to compete with Rudolph for the job and may the best man win. Only way that changes is if somehow one falls to them in the draft that's worth a 1st

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    don't leave out cam and najee and ben and muth and turner and minkah and sutton and MT and colbert and turner and brandon hunt's contribution.

seriously i think mason rudolph has earned the shot. i do believe we draft one and pick up a free agent vet. i also believe our hire at QB coach can finally show what he can do as well as canada and hopefully morgan. where they were limited with ben, they shouldn't have to be anymore. i think it will look quite different. :cool:

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Bring Trubisky in to compete with Mason.
    I think they maybe draft a late round prospect but wait a year before a high pick on a QB.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I personally would like Minshew or Mariota, or maybe either Browns backups...Beef up the rest of the team...and draft, hopefully your franchise one in 2023

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i still think it's going to be strong, howell or maybe the kid from coastal carolina. i don't care much for mariotta. he doesn't throw. he runs. taysom hill style but at least they let taysom hill throw. daniel jones may not be a bad way to go either. jamis winston looked much better in NO. depends on what sullivan can do with these guys. :cool:

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Mason Rudolph hasn’t earned sh*t, the guy couldn’t beat winless Detroit at home. The other problem is their is no QBs in the draft that are a franchise player, so best rout is to draft for other needs on the Team and land FA experienced QB to play 1-2 years. Would love Russell Wilson just not going to happen. I know Carson Wentz fell apart but I would take him over Rudolph.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    these other so called experienced FA qb's for a year or two are not franchise guys either or they would stay with the team they are currently on. why get another teams junk just because you don't like mason. he is one of those so called experienced free agent qb's. we are building the rest of the team and have been. what are we waiting on then? 1-2 years? will that make us better in hopes of in 1-2 years we will get our prized guy. there is no guarantee of that because we waited. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I think Russell Wilson is a legit possibility. He legit wants out of Seattle. It doesn't seem like Seattle wants to keep him either. I think Wilson will be on a new team in 2022. I could see the Steelers making a play for him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think Rudolph will be under center for game 1, which is not the path that I would take. I’ve made my thoughts on him clear for the past few years. Backup at best, with almost no physical upside to believe that he can improve. I also see a fair probability that we draft Howell (though not start him day 1). I’ve seen it reported a few times this season by beat writers that he’s very much on our radar. I have yet to do any film study on him, so I’ll hold off on judgement for now. When I have watched UNC play this season it seemed like he has to take the offense completely on his shoulders, and fight uphill battles. The results have been mixed. Physically he clearly offers everything you look for other than height.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Mason starting with a vet signing that's not names Rodgers, Wilson or Cousins. Dobbs gets the #3

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    It’ll be Rudolph, but we may get some scrub in FA to “compete” with him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Rapport just reported on NFL Gameday Morning a few minutes ago, that the Steelers are NOT expected to pursue a QB in free agency. Instead the Steeler will look to spend their first round pick on a QB.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Rappaport also reported Ben’s retirement in 2017, and reported that the recent AB dust up happened because the Bucs tried to play him while he was incapable of playing due to injury, so I’ll wait and see. If we do, I hope it’s not a poor man’s Lamar Jackson.

Edit - if we do draft a QB in the 1st, I think that we should still grab an FA to bridge the gap. Rudolph doesn’t have it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't like that.
    Just because I have a $100 bill in my wallet doesn't mean I have to spend it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We know we’re desperate when we’re clamoring for the Browns backups to maybe come in and compete for the Steelers starting QB job next season. :facepalm:;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I think they draft a QB bring in a FA and trade either Rudolph or Haskins.

18. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    They can do both

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jaylen hurts

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    My best guess is Rudolph will be the starting qb in 2022

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I just can't see parting with 2 firsts and likely more. There are too many needs that need addressed to go all in on a trade.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Shut this down! If we start looking past the Chiefs we could choke!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I questioned myself for opening this discussion. I’m glad someone here has some sense.

If we lose to the Chiefs, it’s because this thread exists.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    What?????? He is a decent guy and Philadelphia loves him.

And if it's a joke on me I'll be thinking of you every Cowgirl TD.

25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Sorry but I knew the traffic would be heavy today.

• Like Like x 1