1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Lloyd hit on Favre

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FosterMorris, Jan 14, 2022.

1. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Posted this because I had heard Favre whining about this hit (because it was in pre-season). I'd never seen a video of it and this one was uploaded in the last year. Thought someone else might have heard about it but not seen it. That's a clean hit. I don't think it should even be flagged under current rules.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Not quite as vicious as that record breaking sack Favre took from Strahan. Lloyd should have landed on him. That was back when you could hit a Qb.

I still cannot believe the NFL puts Strahan in the record books. It's a joke. Should have been ruled the same as a kneel down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    he would have been flagged for lowering the head, even if there was no contact with the head.. but most importantly, favre was a star QB who stayed on the ground after getting hit, that's an automatic flag in today's nfl. can't touch the money makers.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m surprised that was flagged back then. Definitely a flag today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    In 2021 it would, no doubt, be flagged and LLoyd kicked out of the game, stadium, city and country. If he hit any QB except Ben....

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Back then even star Qb's were allowed to be hit. I remember when Lloyd or Nickerson body slammed Brett after the whistle was blown. We got flagged. I think it was Brett's first start as a packer in Lambeau. I was at that game as a 17 year old and got into a fight with a fat drunk packer fan. He got in my face for cheering on the steelers after a big hit on Brett that drew a flag. I was hoping Brett was done. Dude started poking me in the chest with his finger and told me to sit down and shut up or he'd kick my ass. Keep in mind I'm just a kid half his size. I told him if he touches me one more time I'd kick his fat ass. Of course he couldn't resist and I threw him face first down 3 rows of seats. He came up all bloodied and missing a few teeth from face planting the back of a seat. Was swinging hay makers and missing by a mile. Security and other fans jumped on him and threw him out. Fans stood up for me, told the cops that the guy got what he deserved. That was not only my first steeler game I ever attended in person . Pretty sure it was Brett Favre's first start as a packer.

Unfortunately I think that was also Rod Woodson's worst game of his entire career.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I remember seeing that live on TV. He floored Favre, he caught air for about 3 yards and then bounced for another 3.

Lloyd was a bad MF.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    That linebacker unit he was part of for a handful of years there in the 90s rivaled the great unit of the 70s. Kevin Greene, Chad Brown, Levon "Captain Kirk" Kirkland, and ahhhh, Greg Lloyd. What fun it was watching them every week.

By the way, this team needs a new Lloyd. Devin Lloyd. I want that kid in black and gold in the worst way...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was at this game, he also hit Favre on a sideline play,after that hit
    Favre's afternoon was over. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Really wasn't the hit as much as that garbage astro-turf they played on. I've heard guys say it was like concrete.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Still doesn't compare to Lloyd hitting him so hard he lost his breakfast on the sideline.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I posted that same video on here before, it was hard to find until Steel City Star came up with it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah I'd heard about it for years never seen it. I thought he'd done a helmet to helmet hit or something. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  15. JD86

JD86 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Love it, when football was still truly football!

16. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Greg Lloyd hit on Brett Favre?

Well, he is kinda good-looking.