1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats TJ Watt and Cam Heyward

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 14, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Both more then deserving

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep, very deserving.

Nice to have a couple great players like that on our team. No doubt about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Dread to think how this season would have gone minus them two.

No Boz I guess????? Not sure but I can't remembering him missing more then 2-3 but maybe it was more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Well earned!!

Not surprised about Boz though. Even though he should get at least a vote..... so long as Justin Tucker breathes... good luck with that.

Micah Parsons voting though is a bit odd. He is listed as a Linebacker but has played more at EDGE than that spot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    What do both of these fine gentlemen have in common - seemingly endless motors! Would be nice if this rubbed off on numerous other O and D players. :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    My guess is Minkah needed to have more interceptions, but he was all over the field making plays this year. The pass breakup vs Hollywood Brown is a perfect example where if Minkah doesn't make the play, then the Steelers aren't in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Yes indeed. On Asked and answered Labriola gave great insight on Minkahs play this year. Those 3 are the reason this season had any success.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Being an All-Pro is important in terms of getting in the HOF. I'm surprised Heyward was recognized this year when he played NT at times. Heyward having 10 sacks is insane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Boswell is great, but Tucker is better.

I'm not sure why anybody is disagreeing with this one. Tucker might be the best kicker in NFL history. He made 35 of 37 this season, including a 66-yard game-winner. Boswell made 36 of 40.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    TJ definitely on track for a HOF career. I just do not think Cam will get the recognition. Just checked a site and the avg. Number in their system for a DE in the hall was 105, they have Cam at 45. I have no.idea how or what that number means, but they have current and former players listed. LC is a lot higher. Very few Dl/De in the Hall as it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Cam will be compared to DT but yeah I agree he probably won't get in. The Steelers starting off his career with 2 seasons on the bench behind Ziggy Hood didn't help either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The guy still seems to be getting better at age 32, which is truly amazing. That is his third All-Pro selection.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah that's unreal for an interior lineman to have his production. To be the best 3-4 DE the Steelers have had is pretty special. Heyward is probably the best DL the Steelers have had after Joe Greene.

He's been in on 89 tackles this year! LB numbers. Everyone's mad at Devin Bush because Heyward took all his tackles.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    I would not kick Heyward off of Cantons Doorstep just yet. Give him two more 1st team All Pro Seasons and he will have a legitimate case for sure. That said, it shall be easier said than done. However...

.... if I am a betting man, I am pushing a considerable amount of chips towards Heywards side of the table. He has just been nothing short of incredible. If anything, had he played more under LeBeau, Cam is likely a Second Team All Decade Player at worst.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Some people were surprised to see Minkah not get more All Pro Voting. I personally was not. How come?! Read more below;

Remember everyone that the All Pro Voting Process begins at the first game onwards. Minkah's first two games were just plain bad; Week 3 against Cincy being less than favorable. Add to his early season tackling woes and it gets even more difficult to give him more votes in comparison to one of his classmates in Derwin James to Budda Baker.

This all said and, consider this a bit controversial but, 2021 may have been Minkah's most complete performance in a Steelers uniform. Sure, he sure does not compare to his 2020 self; doubly so of 2019. However, Minakh's impact as a run defender in 2020 pales in comparison to him now in 2021. For that matter, even in pass coverage, Minkah had more impact this season than he did in 2020 as a whole. 2019 for certain was his best to date but 2021 as a whole is more close than one thinks.

To sum this up?! Do Not let those INTs fool you. Remember, INTs are a very toxic stat anyhow so be mindful of how that player received those as opposed to the number itself. Minkah is still a Top Echelon Safety in the game and his contributions towards Pittsburgh's Playoff Birth is a major reason why.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    The list of DL and OL is quite small. I realize it is the HOF, but LC, Jim Marshall and few others really deserve that honor.

19. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    The man is going to get paid..and hopefully stay a Steeler the rest of his career. I agree, his splendid start with the splash plays spoiled us, but he is more than splash..his consistency is something to behold.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They play 4-3 so he's a lb

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Of this decade? Hard to say rn.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm shocked he made it over Chris jones.

23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Missed the point.

Look into Micah's snap totals. Yes, by virtue of the Dallas Cowboys Official Depth Chart he is listed as a MLB. However, he has played nearly half of those as a pass rusher per Pro Football Focus (Preminum Subscritpion is needed). For that matter, he is, for all intensive purposes, Dallas' best pass rusher. Everyone else just augments him overall.

Compare that to an actual Linebacker in Darius Leonard; someone who should have had more votes than given credit for. The AP All Pro Team usually has some eye brow raising choices but even this is not the most confounding. Trevon Diggs over Jalen Ramsey?!?!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I would not worry about Minkah getting paid. Pittsburgh has already saw to that via his fifth year option being picked up. The question does not become if or even when Minkah is extended. The question becomes by how much?! If I am him, I would negotiate to be the highest paid Safety in football; nothing less.

25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

2010s.

I did say LeBeau.