1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DANIEL JONES

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HueyWorley, Jan 12, 2022.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think we can do better. But hey, if it turned out a 3rd rounder was acceptable to them, may be worth a roll of the dice. Would not give up more. Give Mason some competition.

2. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Or digging up Johnny U

3. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    im sure carolina fans were excited when they traded for darnold ...now they thinkin teddy bridgewater wasnt so bad and wished they had those 2022 2nd and 4th round draft picks back, i'd rather not repeat carolinas mistake. danny dimes hasn't shown anything to make me believe he would be any better than any of the QB's that will be available in FA that they can probably get for LESS than 8 million and wont cost a draft pick.

4. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Should trade a 3rd for Tua Tagovoila. Perfect for a passing attack that doesn't throw more than 12 yards downfield.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Detroit, Texans, Giants, Panthers, Falcons, and Broncos all could take a Qb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Devin Bush for Daniel Jones straight up. 1st for a 1st.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    He looked like a sniper took him out

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I would genuinely much rather have Trubisky

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I hopefully look forward to Bush making a lot of people eat crow next year.

IT takes 2 years to fully comeback from that injury.

• Like Like x 2
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You lost me in your thought process where you could even think Jones could become Josh Allen

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He can't stay healthy, and he turns the ball over too much, not interested in him at all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Bush's biggest problems are upstairs. He's standing in the wrong hole 90% of run plays. Has nothing to do with his recovery from a physical injury.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I honestly Hope You are correct. I personally thought He was pretty good His rookie Year,and better His next....Until the injury. Now He sucks, but I believe it's ....Will He comeback good...Not can He comeback good.
    If You get My meaning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Bush was very physical up until the injury. Now he is afraid to make any contact. It's upstairs alright but it's also everywhere else. He suddenly has a china doll mentality. He avoids contact like an anorexic avoids all you can eat buffets.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

Another words he stinks right now and is hurting the team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Agree Bush is tentative but I'm not sure he's afraid of contact.

What I noticed is the DL is usually being driven off the ball creating a mass of bodies.

It's too early to write Bush off. He should have been benched until next year. That would be a wake up call for him and right now Spillane and Schobert are better. Bush needs to decide if he is even going to be in the NFL in 3 years.

Also the Steelers need to stop drafting 4.4 speed ILB to cover TE because it doesn't work. Andrews ran past Bush like he wasn't there. If Tomlin tries to cover Kelce with Bush it's an automatic L.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SteelersMagic85

SteelersMagic85 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2021

Hopefully he can make people eat crow starting this week! Sure could use a "better" Devin Bush out there!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Last part is what im worried about. U cant cover kelce with 1 guy especially a guy who cant cover.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is already on our roster, not interested.

20. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Um no Thanks

He's not good Cotton

21. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    No thanks on Danny boy. If we aren't able to get a top tier guy (Rodgers, Wilson, Watson), which I don't think we will for a lot of reasons. And considering there really isn't much in the draft (don't kill me, but I don't think Picket is a franchise QB)

What I would do is roll with Rudolph and Haskins and see what I have. If possible (this is gonna sound crazy) but If I could, I'd bring in Trubisky. He's a free agent...so no draft capital needed. He'd have a chance to start for a blue chip organization, which would be appealing to him.

The reason I'd take a flyer on him is because he had so little experience coming from college...I think like 16 starts if I remember correctly - so his transition was going to be a struggle. And he went to a terrible team and coach. He also has playoff experience and is still young. Truthfully he's further along than anything we have on our depth chart next year. And, after the disaster in Chicago, which he took the brunt of the blame...it's now clear Naggy was a trash coach and likely the reason for the Bears being a dumpster fire. So in my book, I actually give Trubisky a little credit for dragging an inept coach to the playoffs twice

Guy has plenty of arm, and is mobile. I think the offensive talent fit's what would help him excel. good young RB to run RPOs (he's a pretty mobile guy so is a threat to run). Emerging star at TE as a safety blanket in the middle of the field. And WR talent, as long as it evolves.

He's a far cry from elite...but I still think there is a lot of his story to be written. And sitting behind Allen in Buffalo this year, with good coaching, I think will make a difference in this kid's trajectory going forward.

Otherwise, let's suck for 2023!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Agree. I think he is not big enough to take on OL trying to clear out a lane to run through. That may be why 90% of the time he is in the wrong hole which is where that OL won't be. He wasn't bad his rookie year but maybe he's now realized that he is in over his head as an ILB at his size. Speed helps get you where you want to go but then what?