1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

how we all feeling today?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikeyg, Jan 14, 2022.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It is WILD CARD WEEKEND FRIDAY!!!

i have had PLENTY of criticism for this team and organization all season long, in fact - for many seasons. I will remember the Ben years as one of underachieving, unfortunately. It is a team sport and the team just never seemed to get it right, even when he was in his prime (2014 - 2018). I do blame Tomlin and Colbert for a good bit of that.

that said - it is the end of a HOF Career. What a night it could be on Sunday if the improbable was pulled off!!

I think we keep this close. Reid is known to be a choker. Mahomes is incredible, but our front 7 is going to be ready for the task. Providing we don't get gouged up the middle, yes, I think we keep it close.

We will have an unconventional offensive approach early in this, I believe.

So curious to see if they can get JuJu up to speed and if he plays.

and change punters!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    This years playoffs worked out great for me. I live in Eagle fandom and we are having a great time at golf clubhouse. Time is frigging dragging!!!!!!!!! Most my interest is AFC and both games tomorrow are of high interest to me, especially the Bengals. Sunday will be great. I'll watch Eagle game with everybody at club then wait out the most important game of all.

LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And move second hand move!!!!!!!

IMO we will need an unconventional offense for sure but I got a feeling we won't see it.

Not putting down Tomlin here but he will not change punters and I expect to see the world famous hand off - hand off - pass - punt that we run so well in the first half of games.

I am praying Najee is feeling it and can have a game like last week. We need clock consuming drives or we be toast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I'm excited for this game. One last playoff run with Ben. As mentioned Reid has choked plenty. KC is being massively overrated because they won the Super Bowl 2 seasons ago.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The defense and/or ST is going to need to score points. Just don't see the O putting up enough points to keep up with Mahomes and his weapons. Hope I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Find joy in all you do; life is better that way.

Steelers swept the Ravens, twice in a row. That alone brings me joy.

They also knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs, that brings me joy.

Ben gets one more shot to go for one more shot after that. In my heart, the team learns from its playoff loss a year ago and takes a different approach to this game. In my mind I have memories of 1989 and 2005. So hey, why not.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m feeling great about Sunday night. Maybe I shouldn’t be. Maybe reality will knock me square in the noggin, and the Chiefs will splatter the field with b & g blood. However, I just don’t think it’s going down that way. Despite my prediction of a win in the “predict the score” thread, I’m not really expecting us to have enough for 60 minutes to win it, but I also don’t anticipate the kind of beat down that we endured a few weeks ago. If I were into sports betting, I would take the points. I think it will be a one possession game at some point in the 4th quarter. I think that the team will leave the field as a respected, legit playoff team despite its many shortcomings. To me that would be a positive end to the season after everything that’s happened this year.

An upset win? Well, that would be icing on the cake for me.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    It wasn’t that long ago we won there with Boz kicking every damn point.

The reality is, that we’re gonna have to put more points on the board than what we have been to stay in this game. And D will still need a big game to keep this close.

I’m not expecting to win this one bit, but never say never.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Im in KC if we beat the Chefs I’ll probably run through a wall like the koolaid man. Been wearing Steelers gear around town all week and hearing it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I will be rooting for a victory sunday like I do every steelers gameday. I'm excited to get to watch Ben play some bonus football. I'm excited Juju may play because I have brainwashed my kids to like juju. They were bummed when he went down. He's very easy to like as a little kid with all he does on social media despite that being the reason some dislike him.

Other than pittsburgh there are some good matchups this week with a MNF game. I'd hate that if pittsburgh was playing then, but glad there is a game that night.

• Like Like x 2
  10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Tend to feel same way. I used up all my betting money after week 7 (another banner year for me:facepalm:) but I put a few dollars into my account and I'm going all in with the Steelers.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm feeling pretty good, thanks for asking

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Steelers have to force at least 3 turnovers and commit zero.
    The special teams have to have a blocked punt or have a Chief punt or kick returner fumble deep in their own territory.
    We have to have at least 5 sacks on Mahomes and Ben can't be sacked.
    We have to have at least 50 yards less penalties than the Chiefs.
    Harvin can't have any 27 yard shanks, he has to resemble an average NFL punter.
    The kicking game has to be perfect.
    If all of this happens the Steelers could squeak out a victory.

• Like Like x 2
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Santa Claus must have hated you as a kid. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Feel exactly the same.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I'm not sure this O could do much unconventional, but damn there has to be enough there to do something different. With the emerging Muth and Gentry you have opportunities that we have not had on years. Not saying they are great set of te's, but have shown enough and ate vastly underused in the O imho.

16. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Bro, don’t wish your life away. Live in the moment! Enjoy the anticipation! Let’s go Steelers!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I’m starting to have this feeling the Steelers aren’t done just yet. That just may be the day drinking today. I hope not.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah same here, not sure if I'm still wearing my homer glasses but I'm not worried and feel they can beat KC. Not sure why I'm been feeling that though. But I'm normally more worried for less important games. And there's no boogie man (Brady) in site for the AFC playoffs. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't expect us to win but I am excited to see what they will try on offense. My guess is a 1972 Dolphin run it 40 times type of I since the line has suddenly seemed to learn how to run block.

20. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    We’re playing with house money at the point. I expect Ben to put on to the best of his ability clinic. Will we win? Odds say he’ll no. But I’m just gonna enjoy watching Ben for another game. Maybe we’ll shock the world. Crazier things have happened.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    I'm totally excited about tomorrow. I'm getting more and more nervous in a good way. I don't know why, i know the odds and our last meeting is very present in my mind, but I get the damn feeling we'll make this. But it will be a longshot and a drama again. I'm not sure if my heart and body soul is ready for this.... f*** it. Come on, we are no wussies, right? WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL BABY! Even with that little devil on my right shoulder whispering in my ear, Mahomes will kill us, he will destroy us. It's going to be bloody

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I agree we have to be just about perfect and get lot's of breaks. I think we almost lost a game this year and we had 4-5 TO's. I just can't see this dismal offense coming alive. We need a special team score and a INT score to stay close.

Yet all that said I do think we will be in the game at the halfway point of 4th qtr. Really believe are two pro bowlers keep us in this game.

23. SteelersMagic85

SteelersMagic85 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2021
    I'm feeling pretty excited for the game to be honest. A motivated Steelers team, playing with house money, getting no respect, given no chance, and playing with a purpose is a team I'm excited to watch. Are they going to have to play a damn near flawless game? Sure, but I'm sure the players are well aware of that as well.

I'm probably most excited to see the defense motivated and pissed off, I think if a playoff run is possible, the defense is going to have to carry this team. Defense and a run game will keep you close in every game

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    1 more day!

• Like Like x 3
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This is the first game that I have truly had that passioned exciting feeling for this season. I never expected them to be here, I thought they would have topped out around 6 wins. To quote Jim Mora, “playoffs!?!” I thought no chance.

Despite some really ugly games this year, these guys haven’t quit and more importantly, have a chip on their shoulder. We’ll see how far that gets them Sunday but I’m starting to get a little magic feeling here with this being Bens last hurrah. JuJu maybe suiting up to help. I’m excited.

Won’t be easy, outside of a couple wins they have not fared well against good teams. I think getting their ass handed to them by the Chiefs a few weeks ago works in their favor though.

Get past Sunday and this thing is wide open.

:herewego!:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2