1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wild Card @ KC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FosterMorris, Jan 10, 2022.

1. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    It seems to matter if you go through the history of the NFL like Noll/Bradshaw, Landry/Staubach, Walsh/Montana etc.

The only playoff loss by Cowher/Ben (29-11) was to Belichick/Brady (219-64) with wins over Dungy/Manning (85-27), Holmgren/Hasselbeck (58-45), Shanahan/Plummer (39-15).

But then in the Tomlin/Ben (154-85) era there are losses to Jack Del Rio/Garrard (39-37), John Fox/Tebow (8-6), Marrone/Bortles (16-28), Stefanski/Mayfield (17-13).

So who knows. Maybe you're right that the coach isn't important. Could just pick anyone I guess.

2. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Do you know what my favorite thing about Andy Reid is? He never stops getting better. He really didn't learn how to coach like he does now until he was 60 years old. He's been a coach in the NFL for 30 years but never figured it out until he was 60. That is an incredible work ethic and commitment to improvement.

With Alex Smith 50-26 with 1-4 playoff record.

All of a sudden in 2018 his record improved to 50-13 with a 6-2 playoff record and a Super Bowl win. That's amazing.

Same thing happened to Gary Kubiak. 61-64 in Houston then 21-11 in his 2 seasons in Denver and a Super Bowl. Figured it all out at 54 years old. Amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I see the troll doesn't like having the gaping holes in his arguments exposed to the board. I'm sorry that it upset you to the point that you had to so blatantly misrepresent what I wrote.

Please show me the post in which I claimed that the coach isn't important. Then, before you click Post Reply, try doing it honestly. Thanks.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That does not counter my point at all. You aren't very good at this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    He cant....he misrepresents everybody's statement more then anybody on this board. He claimed I said Tomlin was a better coach then Belichek simply after stating the fact that Tomlin managed to finish without a losing season in 2019 despite having mediocre QB'ing which Belichek couldnt with a QB. I could point numerous other examples where he misrepresented what people were saying and then twisted their statements to fit his own argument. I've never seen someone try and be right all the time so hd could feel good about himself.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Odds are improving if these guys don’t suit up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Edwards-Helaire scored an early touchdown, but overall, he really didn't do much in the first meeting. Hill missing the game would be another matter entirely, but I still wouldn't love the Steelers' chances. They just don't have the downfield passing game to hit the Chiefs where they are weakest.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The Pittsburgh papers and the fans bitched and moaned every time Marino had a game. Which were many. We all kept thinking he could have been ours.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    So, does this mean we should give Mike Tomlin 15 years more from now to improve?

• Like Like x 1
  10. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    That's a point I hadn't considered. Yeah that sounds like a good idea! :clapping:

• Like Like x 1
  11. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    What kept Marino down in the draft? Is it the rumor that he used drugs? I see a direct comparison to Kenny Pickett who also played for Pitt and who is also a heavy drug user. Wouldn't want a player with so many off field issues. Pass it around. ;)

12. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Heard the drug rumors but TBH Marino didn't have the senior year that was expected of him.

My favorite lie as a young man: Marino started at my HS the year I graduated. Use to tell the ladies he broke my passing record at Central Catholic. Never got me laid and truth is I can barely throw a football.

• Like Like x 2
  13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Some hope: 10 of 14 WC winners were away teams the last 3 years.

If I had to pick one home team I think will have trouble I'd say the Cowboys.

14. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    be careful with thoughtless statements. lol

Great idea. I have no problem with this other than the fact that I'll be in my 60's myself in the next 15 years. And if he f*** it up I shouldn't be able to experience a super bowl again until I'm an old man in a senior residence at the earliest

15. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Verdammt!

• Like Like x 1
  16. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1