1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Omar Khan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 12, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

For that matter, this had been the case in years prior as well. Reason why these types of interviews did not generate as much buzz was due to Kevin still being with the team. Now that he will soon be gone, the interviews seemingly are now bigger than what they should be.

Not saying Omar is going to fail but the Steelers were going with Brandon Hunt long before any of this. If anything, it is not just Kevin Colbert that Hunt studied under. Bill Nunn was also Brandon's teacher as well when he began back during 2010. It was brief, only four years but I am certain that Nunn gave Hunt some valuable advice along the way in addition to what he has been apart of already.

Overall, I will sad to see Kahn go but happy for him and shall wish him nothing but the best moving forward.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I have been hearing about Hunt could be the next GM for a few years now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If Khan gets hired by another team as GM, the Steelers would get a comp pick in 2022, and 2023, do it Chicago take him :hehehe:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Add the panthers, rams, and dolphins to the list of teams he has interviewed with

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I said the Dolphins :lolol:

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Hunt did a tv interview last year maybe and he didn't come off well imo. Like he wasn't good at answering off the cuff questions. Maybe he was having a bad day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    So, what does that make us?

8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Absolutely nothing!

• Like Like x 1
  9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think you get a two for one sale with khan. Hunt isn't that great of a talent evaluator. We No longer, only, just build through the draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I really doubt they go outside for this hire.

11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes I think this means Khan is not getting the GM job. If he does get a GM job the compensatory picks would be very useful indeed

The steelers drafts since 2015 have been poor for the most part. They did well in 2017 in one of the most stacked drafts ever, but apart from that what have they done in recent years? They need to be careful about the next GM appointment

12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    If Pittsburgh loses Omar to Chicago, then they should hire Killer Khan. If one of the players' agents is being unreasonable, then he will jam the Asian Spike into their throat.

Killer_Khan_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    chiefs assistant gm as well. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Did he pick Mahomes? One of those would be nice. Does Mahomes have a brother?

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    What if they repeat history and hire our GM from the Detroit Lions again?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I was hoping for outside hire to bring in new opinions and perspective. This hiring from within crap perpetuates a lot of good things but also a lot of not so good. See Klemm, Canada, Butler, etc. I mean we can't even get rid of the hyper, crew cut, can't stand still, gum wad chewing ST coach.(Glemm will be at the KC game I think he could do better if given the headset, 15 baseball card pieces of gum, instead of DS.

Once infected with the yearly same ol same ol routine, coaches moving up from within will just keep doing what their predecessor did via MT direction and his fear of change. The old business management saying, which I used when I worked for a living, and I think applies to most things, states, 'if you're not changing, your competitors are". Lots of businesses go OOB because they didn't plan for the future or change their models. See most of the DVD stores that vanished. Bottom line, I want the best man available that can do the job, doing the job. That includes our punters. I feel for Harvin but I want the best punter in uniform. Coaches are getting paid to put the best team on the field and nothing else matters, to me. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Then I nominate you to go up there and kick some butts. That'll teach them and it will reflect well on the TSF message board. We will finally get the attention and respect we deserve. It's ok to pick any other member here as a wingman to assist. JK

• Like Like x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The 2021 draft looks promising.

• Like Like x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Cowher pushed out Donahoe because they couldn't get along anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  22. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Pretty much Cowher stated in his book that him and Donahoe were not seeing eye to eye at all, and that the relationship had gotten really cold almost to the point of not speaking to each other. Then Cowher had to go to Dan Rooney and basically tell him Tom had to go or he was going to have to go and if Rooney let Cowher go, he said he wouldn't seek one extra cent out of his contract.

But Cowher told Rooney that he wasn't looking to be football czar of the Steelers he just wanted someone he could see eye to eye with on football matters.

Rooney sided with Cowher, and Donahoe (resigned), and Rooney brought in Kevin Colbert

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I think he has a younger brother, Phil Mahomes. Real estate agent.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Cower reportedly went to the Rooneys and said make a choice, Troy or me..he just could not work with him anymore. Cower won. Colbert has been working year to year for some time now. His leaving is not a power play for MT, he might try and negotiate more leverage. But this is a totally different scenario imho.

• Like Like x 1