1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The drafting of Terrell Edmunds vs Darius Leonard debate

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, I didn't say any of those things, though I don't disagree with them. Why do you have such a difficult time properly representing what others post accurately?

Speed is great, but it doesn't guarantee that a guy is a game-changer. Are you silly enough to say that Leonard isn't a game-changer?

That they should have taken Leonard over Edmunds is inarguable among the sane.

2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    OK. I will try to understand you. You are saying that I make false inferences, and also that you agree with the inferences I have made. I use predicate logic often in my reasoning that's all.

What guaranteed that Darius Leonard was a game changer coming in to the draft?

He played at a small school. Javon Hargrave is the only other NFL starter drafted from S. Carolina St. this century.

He wasn't very big or fast. Was it just the tape? He put up 17 reps on the bench which even I have done and I've never been accused of being an athlete. That's bad for a LB. That's Jarvis Jones bad. He ran a 4.7 The other really good LB who ran a 4.7 put up 25+ bench reps. They were thumpers.

So what is it that made you know Darius Leonard was going to be an All-Pro (when only 1 other player was drafted from his school and Leonard wasn't very fast or strong for his position)?

My reading comprehension is bad like you said. I keep thinking you are just using hindsight like "The Steelers should have drafted Tom Brady in the 5th in 2000." Did you actually want Leonard then or are you just chagrinned now?