1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire Mike Tomlin thread.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Noll wasn’t fired.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He wasn’t fired, but it was going to come to that if he didn’t step down.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I'm of the opinion Noll had to either fire Joe Walton or quit. Technically you're correct. Noll was given an ultimatum I believe but you're right. Thanks for the correction.

4. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Talk about not being smart....his comment went totally over your head.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Titans reported to IR 232 times vs. 178 for the Ravens.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    According to former players, Noll’s biggest reason for retiring was because he saw what free agency was going to do to teams and didn’t want to be a part of that.

The other reason is Rooney and upper management were questioning his coaching staff decisions and he felt he was the head coach and wasn’t going to allow himself to be second guessed.

And frankly, the man had been coaching for 23 years, I’m sure he was getting burnt out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    :facepalm: You have an inferiority complex surrounding intelligence.

8. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    What does that even mean reported? You mean as in reporting the same player week after week?

9. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    My comment was based upon a fact...and if you think it's not go reread his comment and tell me exactly what he meant when he typed what he typed.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    "You can't fire me I quit" is being fired to me. :shrug:

11. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Number of instances reported. Like Derrick Henry missed 9 games so that counts as 9 reports. So it's number of times a player couldn't dress for a game.

12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    So when is this Rooney gonna question Tomlin's coaching staff decisions? I wonder if Tomlin's even allowed or is the one making them? I know Tomlin isn't going anywhere, but decent assistants would benefit him immensely especially on the offensive side of the ball.

13. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Well then that just means players spent more time on IR with the Titans then the Ravens...it doesnt mean they had more players on IR.

If I have 3 players on IR for four weeks that's 12 instances of reporting on IR....but if you have 1 player who spends the entire season on IR that's 17 instances of reporting. True or not? Or am I missing something??

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I think you and I have spoken on this before, one of the most helpful moves they can make this offseason is actually go outside the organization for coaching positions and stop nickel and dimming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Exactly. For a franchise that is supposed to be this revered, they should be shooting for the stars. But don't ever say the cheap word lol.

16. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    The Titans lost more time to injury. Yes. And who cares about the Giants? You're just arguing to argue. You've called me stupid several times today but you're the one with hurt feelings. That's hilarious.

17. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Nick Foles, Trent Dilfer and Flacco were the best QBs the year they won SBs??

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    So the great quarterback matters when you want it to, but not when you don't want it to matter. In other words, you will carry those goalposts all over the place to justify whichever point you are trying to make at a given moment with no real concern for consistency.

The sad part is you might not even realize that your own arguments are contradictory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I mentioned the Giants because it made your statement false.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Exactly. You don't care that the Titans had massive injury problems and only 1 Pro Bowler you just wanted to find a meaningless detail that made my statement untrue.

Do you see how you invalidated the definition of my statement with a contrary fact? Congratulations you have just learned to use logic.

Wasn't thinking about the 4-13 NYG at all. How stupid of me.

https://www.axios.com/local/nashville/2021/11/30/titans-among-most-injured-nfl-teams-of-all-time

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Again, you are shifting the goalposts to fit your argument. I said they wouldn't fire a coach whose team made the playoffs the last two seasons and they wouldn't. Noll wasn't fired, though I do believe he was encouraged to step down, but that was after consecutive seasons missing the playoffs and a losing record in 1991.

Also, Chuck Noll was 59 at the time, 10 years older than Tomlin is now. I imagine that is also a factor.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny how you get so angry and dismissive when you are proven wrong. :)

23. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You're saying it doesnt make a difference in the players the Giants lost? It most certainly does....that's a big reason why they were 4-13. If we looked at the talent of the players lost it would likely be more significant on the Giants side then the Titans.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    And Arians retired. I know everyone is telling me. Thanks.

How convenient for Tomlin that there are now 7 seeds

25. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    OK you're going on ignore. The Giants haven't had a winning season since 2016 and you're blaming injuries in 2021.