1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating a new offense to beat the Chiefs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jan 11, 2022.

1. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    First of all make sure replying to the right person....not once has Najee's name come up in any one of my posts. I dont know if you're senile, delusional or what?? but you keep bringing up Najee to me like I mentioned his name or something. At least know who you're replying back to. You got so many conversations going on trying to convince people you know what youre talking about that you dont even know who you're talking to anymore. No one is arguing about how bad the offense is or any of that this year. If you think thats me then you havent been reading my posts here, or outside this thread, and you're making arguments where there are no arguments.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Steelers turned it over 4 times against Jacksonville in 2007 with Lebeau's defense and held the Jaguars to 17 points. :shrug: (Can't defend a pick 6 or the ball at your 1 yard line)

Elite defenses don't give up 40 points when it matters. Browns had 5x TD drives - 3x over 60 yards

I know you Tomlin supporters put literally everything on the regular season playoffs aren't even a thing but giving up almost 40 points to Bortles and Mayfield just doesn't feel elite to me in Tomlin's defense.

3. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    You have mentioned "Pro Bowl rbs" in three separate posts.

You stated that if rbs achieve individual success then the team running game is a success in two different posts.

I am directly responding to your points with simple examples that I expected you to be able to follow.

Individual RBs in Tomlin's system have vastly higher usage rates than other teams, and correspondingly have inflated statistical outcomes.

SF is an example of multiple RBs having high success with limited touches as is typical in a Shanahan ZBS.

I really tried my best to illustrate to you that a team like SF that is 5th in rushing yards (but has never had a 1,000 yard rusher in Shanahan's 5 seasons) is better at running the ball than the Steelers who are 29th in rushing yards (but had Najee Harris as the 4th leading rusher).

That's as simply as I can illustrate the point to you. I agree that it was a poor decision on your part to invoke "Pro Bowl Rbs" repeatedly, and that is exactly what I was trying to correct.

4. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Well if I mentioned pro bowl rbs and Najee isn't a pro bowler then I couldnt have possibly been talking about him then right???....like I said...you have a problem putting two and two together. I'm not trying to be funny, but I seriously think you have a learning deficiency or some type of personality disorder. I can't tell if you lack solid reading and comprehension skills and because you do you often add to or take away from what people are saying? I dont know if you've been told that in the past, but my initial thought is that I cant be the first. You strive so hard to be right that you literally twist everybody's words up...which could be linked to a personality disorder...idk. I just never seen someone do it as much as you do. I can understand a misinterpretation here and there, but yours appear to be blatant and frequent.

5. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    So you're saying Lebeaus defenses have never had 40 point games...more so when it mattered??

6. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    No. Lebeau's defense never allowed 40 points in a playoff game.

7. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    It doesnt just have to be a playoff game. You said "when it counted" which could be regular season games that affect their ability to even be in the playoffs.

8. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    In 6 seasons as DC under Cowher Lebeau's defenses allowed 40 points one time. It was an OT loss to Atl who scored 41.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Any word on who is punting? Please tell me it's not 27 yard Harvin.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    That please applies to all of us. If Tomlin has any integrity at all theres a competition going on right now...which really shouldnt be a competition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is not a straw man. I am pulling from your posts on other threads as well. Are you going claim that I'm not characterizing your opinion of Tomlin fairly?

13. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes. I said Tomlin is an average coach not terrible. According to analytics Tomlin is the worst coach in the NFL so maybe that's what you are thinking of? I just think he is average.

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i've been wondering when that was to happen. is that official? i hope it's not unleashed early in the day sunday and the game is that night. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Show us what analytics show Mike Tomlin being the worst coach in NFL, That statement is so unbelievably stupid i can't believe you posted that without green font.

17. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
  18. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    You must not have read the comments. I said I thought Tomlin is an average coach and that maybe I am being confused with people who are into analytics who say Tomlin is terrible. It wasn't me. The whole analytics thing that all the young NFL coaches are using say Tomlin is terrible.

The other one that said Tomlin was the worst on 4th downs was an ESPN panel. I'm just saying that's maybe where the whole "Tomlin is terrible" thing is coming from.

21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    My personal opinion on the run game is that we have been effective at running the ball all these years, but it is just the reality of having a QB like Ben all these years ... we became a passing first team.

And the line changed. As good as DeCastro and Pouncey were, they were excellent in passpro, but if I'm honest with my self ... during their tenure ... If we needed 1-to-3 yards running I would sweat a little. I feel that once Willie Colon and Chris Kemo left we weren't really able to maul teams running the way we used to.

You need the right linemen to run that kind of way. It is hard to find them, colleges don't really even play that way any more.

22. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes, 2017 was great, right up until Shazier got hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    But only 1 of the bottom 13 did.

25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011