1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire Mike Tomlin thread.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 26, 2021.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you dyslexic or do you just make stuff up?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto

This is one you can’t fix

3. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't normally correct grammar but it does annoy me when people butcher the English language while deriding the intelligence of others.

Stupid is an adjective not a noun, dummy.

4. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Dyslexia is a learning disorder related to syntax in the conjugation and comprehension of written language. The people who are encumbered by dyslexia don't need to be vilified for a condition they have no control over. A dyslexic could no more change their condition than a black man could change the color of his skin. I oppose prejudice in all its forms and hope in the future you would constrain yourself from ridiculing the learning impaired.

5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    MT, we all know nothing is going to change until the end of our PO run, at a minimum. But we're in a war right now and there will be plenty of time coming up to start this all over again until we get right back to the beginning to once again start all over for the umpteenth time. My level of success right now is getting one playoff win because we'll need real coaching displayed to position our players to beat good competition. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He won 10 games in each of his first 2 seasons, then 6 games in his third and fired. I think he was fired more for his personnel moves than anything else but memory is fuzzy on that.

He then went to SF and went 2-14 his one season there. According to Pro Football Reference.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    I'm assuming the people wanting Tomlin to be fired grew up watching Noll win four SuperBowls in six years, and assume that a head coaching change is the only thing preventing that from happening again.

8. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Kelly got Baalke fired in SF too which is pretty funny. John Lynch took over the next year.

Say? Isn't Baalke the guy who hired Urban Meyer to the Jags? :roflmao:

I think this is Baalke's last go round as a GM. Sure did love college coaches: Harbaugh, Kelly, Meyer. Kirby Smart is probably on the phone with him right now.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, I apologize for ridiculing you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    It took you 20 minutes to come up with that but it's still funny. Good one. The downside is that you are as old as you are and haven't grown as a person past mocking the disabled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It's a joke not a dick, stop taking it so hard.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    My niece has a disability and has been bullied so yeah I do take it personally. It bothers me not going to lie.

13. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    [​IMG]
    "Hey Mr. College Coach. Come lead us to the promised land!!!!"

When the f*ck was the last time a coach with no NFL experience came on to HC a team and won anything? Jimmy Johnson? 30 f*ckin' years ago when the salary cap was a new concept? Thank the powers that be that it is not up to you.

14. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Won a Super Bowl? Don't think that's happened. But Jim Harbaugh came in from college and has never had a losing season which I'm told is just as good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    How does selling your season tickets hurt the Rooney’s?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I understand. Pretty sure Jeh doesn't know your niece and meant no harm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah how could he? And I rated his one comeback as hilarious. It's just been a bit rough this year with my niece switching schools. The good news is her new school is way better then her last and things are trending up for her. Thanks. I just put Jeh on ignore. I know he meant no harm but I'm over it.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Is dyslexia really a disability though? It’s a learning disorder that can be corrected.

I tend to think of disabilities differently than that.

I just think this country is ultra sensitive. I suffered some hearing loss in my 20’s and don’t bristle at deaf jokes.

I’m waiting for the first “what?” reply

• Like Like x 2
  19. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Harbaugh was a QB coach with the Raiders for 2 years before he went to the college ranks.

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    48B67E73-2C87-4A66-B32E-1114F66E1204.jpeg

Gangsta Tomlin doesn’t care…

Talk more **** people, maybe a car creeps by your house at night

ratatatatatat

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Certainly your prerogative even if I think you may be overreacting a bit. Good luck to your niece.

• Like Like x 2
  22. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    What?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :mad: :butcher: :banned:

Kidding :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    It's a learning disability. I never told Jeh what he could or could not say- just trying to make him think about what he is saying. I even rated his one comeback as hilarious.

I'm over it and put him on ignore. He has been finding new and inventive ways to call me stupid in multiple threads the last couple days which I am fine with; but I had to draw the line when I recognized the prejudicial nature of his thinking eg. writing off anyone who would say "bruh" as an idiot is closely tied with xenophobia as is mocking people by associating specific conditions pejoratively a form of prejudicial thinking.

I hate political correctness more than the next guy. I'm not playing a victim. Jeh is just like a TV channel I have chosen to turn off. Hope that explains it and we can get back to the war between attributing all of Tomlin's success to Cowher/Ben vs. claiming having 15 not losing seasons in a row deserves an award.

• Like Like x 1
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1