1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Be honest.. come in and eat your crow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelHack, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Titans without Henry and AJ and Tannehill not playing good ball. Baltimore didn’t make the playoffs, riddled with injuries, yeah, they are real good, Cleveland LOL, Chargers were up by 28 but go ahead and cling to a comeback that a team clearly takes it’t foot off the gas and as soon as we get close, pulls away again and if you think they were in either of the Vikes or Packers game I don’t know what to tell you. You guys are funny with this black and gold glasses stuff. They got their asses handed to them in every one of those loses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You want to play up the Titans' injuries when the Steelers played them, but ignore the Steelers' injuries when they lost some of those games against good teams. They were missing key guys for both losses to the Bengals, especially the first one. The defense was decimated by injuries for that game against the Chargers. Also, the Chargers didn't pull away as soon as the Steelers got close. Pittsburgh actually took the lead in that game. They did manage one more score and yet another injury scuttled the Steelers' final possession, forcing them to use Haeg at left guard only to watch him single-handedly end his own team's chances by being beaten badly on consecutive plays.

Either the results count regardless of injuries or you have to factor in the injuries both ways when considering the results. Which is it?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Breaker breaker 1-9 this is Pigpen looking for the Rubber Ducky. Rubber Ducky, you got your ears on?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    The Steelers were 2-6 against teams that ended the season with a winning record. Every team has injuries but no team had more injuries than the Titans and they got the 1 seed. So no excuses. Baltimore had to play with a backup QB for 5 games. Stuff happens. The record is the record. Going 7-1-1 against losing teams might be the best job of not playing down Tomlin has done though. :applaud:

5. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They should've been in that Packers game if the refs didn't rob them of that block on special teams for a TD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly although people are smoking serious dope if they can’t tell the difference between Titans with Henry and without but whatever, even if you give them the Titans game, not a good mark against good teams and doesn’t bode well for this weekend where there is no disputing that KC destroyed them.

If the Steelers defense doesn’t play an amazing game, it will be another embarrassing playoff exit. I haven’t heard anything about Watt, hopefully his groin isn’t hurt again. They don’t stand a chance without his A game.

Would be nice if the offense plays a full 60 minutes, too. That will go a long way to helping them win this weekend.

8. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I never said much but if anyone asked me a month ago I'd had given us no chance to make the playoffs. I'm sure most felt that way if we're being honest. But I'll gladly eat the crow on that one, tastes great when you're wrong in a good way!

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don't think anyone that was paying attention thought this team was a lock or had a high probability for the playoffs.
    The people that I believe this thread is referring to is the people that argued nonstop with everyone about how bad the team was and how they had no chance to make the playoffs.
    The people that posted dumb threads like "find three more wins"
    The people who made fun of others for believing they're was some hope.
    The people who made statements like "anyone who thinks this team is going to the playoffs is delusional"
    Those are the people who need to have that crow shoved down their throats.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

that's a lot of violence first thing in the morning. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1