1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the Baltimore bash

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Jan 9, 2022.

1. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    A perfect game. After some sleep here are my 2cent:

The Bad:
    Bush = bust. Nothing to say more. It was so bad, again. Maybe he needs an elite D Line just to concentrate on stopping outside routes or some stuff in coverage. but, nah...
    Pressley. Why the hell he got another (failed) chance. Please cut him
    The drops again. As I said, these drops and fumble problems worries me the most about our WR group

The good:
    In total it was a very strong and good performance with a lot of heart. I liked Gentry, he had some nice plays. Muuuuuuth in crunch time a bank again. Minkahs Sideline tackle on M.Brown very late in the 4th quarter. First down here and we had lose on a FG by Tucker. Harris carried and catched the ball with his left hand. And even without a stiff arm he did more than any other RB. 4th down conversion by RayRay in OT. Bens TD and game winning drive. Also I liked the play from Witherspoon,again. He looks very solid to me and seems to be a ballhawk.

Here we go

• Like Like x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Pressley Harvin grandmother died recently, keep that in mind when you're bashing him.

3. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    1. Ben was okay
    2. Harvin is a liability
    3. Bush, Spillane, Shobert are all liabilities. We need some serious upgrade in this area.
    4. Oline only gave up 1 sack. But they looked average. Green does not need to return to center.
    5. Ray Ray made the unlikely happen.
    6. I'm not sure if it's the DTs or the ILBs but we need an upgrade in the DL department.
    7. Canada should be locked in a closet during next week game agains the Chiefs.
    8. Claypool is growing up....maybe.
    9. Mondeuex needs to not see the field. Buggs can't be that bad....
    10. We still gave up over 200 yards rushing.....

4. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011

I thought it was his father....

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You are correct. It was his father.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They cut Buggs. He is that bad.

The inside linebackers are the larger part of the problem, especially Bush. Every one of those big runs, you saw the inside linebackers taking themselves out of the play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If KC is smart.... they should run 90% of the time. I don't see the Steelers DL and ILBs holding Chiefs RBs to under 150 yards.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yeah, who wants that Mahomes guy throwing the ball? :hmm:

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He posted something this weekend about his grandmother.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    both

11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    When Bush was out our rush defense improved. That wasn't a coincidence. He was being targeted all game.... they literally ran right at him every time he was on the field and it worked perfectly. They even targeted him in the passing game so anyone who thinks he's good in pass coverage , think again. If we want any chance of winning this game we cannot be playing Bush. The personnel decisions are mind numbing. Why was Harvin punting in a must win game? We became drastically better when our starters were on the bench. That's ridiculous. If it was just one example you could probably ignore it but our starting Punter, OC, OG, ILB, and D-line all got better when we brought in practice squad guys and backups to play. How can your coaches be that bad in player assessment? Bush and Harvin better be on the sidelines for the next game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    I will keep this in mind....
    So, PLEASE CUT HIM

I don't want to blame him if that's the case for his bad punts. But than u don't have to play. Also the Coaches don't have to send u out on the field.
    This Topic switched to a new thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  14. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Kc does not have a an intimidating run game, I see an opportunity here, but I agree beside Shobert and sometime Spillane, ilb is a liability

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They dang sure better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Shobert and Spillane give us the best duo at ILB... but Bush was drafted in the 1st round, so he has to play. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree. Waitman is light years better than Harvin. Harvin should have been deactivated for the rest of the season. Steelers would be dumb to not bring back Waitman in the offseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011
    It's no time for feelings. I sympathize for Harvin and Bush. But if you are not performing, we need to sit you down until you get your mind right.