1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic 2022 QB Options

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    the only ones over rating cousins are the fool GM's that have over paid him. like it or not, given the lack of league wide talent at the position , cousins is a top 15 QB.
    cousins, wentz, tannenhill, garoppolo , bridewater, carr, Golf... they can all win games and have stretches where they make you think they are pretty good, but inevitably they always will let you down. they are not capable of putting a team on their shoulders and carrying them. but if put a good team around them, they can be game managers. just dont expect them to make a team with some deficiencies better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    LoL I can't take this seriously. U want to tell me Rudolph could have made the same super bowl run like Foles did? Never ever. But what do I know. Hope I'm wrong and he will play the lights out next season

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    If we're REALLY smart we could get the next Scott Campbell in the 7th.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Foles hasn't done anything since winning that Super Bowl, he has been a journeyman QB after that and hasn't played well, he's now third string for the Bears.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I remember a sign at Three Rivers when Mark Malone was having his struggles (which was most of his career, lol)…Soup Malone, give Campbell a try. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't think Aaron Rodgers will let himself be traded for anything less than what Stafford went for. So, even though Green bay may want the trade Rodgers probably still has to approve the trade.

Two 1st round picks, a 3rd round pick and Mason Rudolph.

The last thing you want Rodgers thinking is that you don't value him enough!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Too rich. We will be mortgaging 2-3 years to get a guy with a 2 year window. Are we that close to a championship to do that?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with Steelrules, too much for Rodgers. Stafford is about 7 years younger. Thats what Watson would get with a 2nd rd instead of a 3rd unless there is a team crazy enough to give up three 1st rounds and three 2nd rds like they asked for.

9. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    the rams over compensation for stafford had a lot to do with getting out from underneath the foolish contract they gave golf.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SteelersGermany

Dec 27, 2021
    Foles have been a pro bowler and pro bowl MVP in his sophomore season. He had have a QB Rating over 149 two weeks in a row. He holds the record for the most TD passes in one game. In his 3rd season he got a major injury and came never back as a starter. yes, he have been a journeyman after this until his super bowl run. He carried the eagles to the post season and the full way down to super bowl. He got benched after beeing a super bowl MVP for Carsten Wentz.
    After his trade to the current worst franchise in football he got a major injury in week one as a starter. His career doesn't went well. and I'm not a fan of him or want to see him in Pittsburgh. But mason would be never even a journeyman or have the same level of talent like guys like Foles. Hope I'm wrong, but Mason is a third string back up at bests all over his career. If the Steelers don't resign him he would be out of league. Book it

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  11. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm willing to wait on CJ Stroud. I know history dictates that a OSU QB will have a terrible NFL career but Stroud I believe is the real deal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I didn't mean SB. I was thinking of a lot of the mediocre seasons Foles had. Foles SB run was lighting in a bottle for 4-5 (?) games. Wentz was the main man there for most the season.

Never count Rudolph out of a miracle. Remember Trent Dilfer?? Granted we are going to need all the HOF's we have had on defense over the years. A lot of fans say Dilfer was worse QB to ever win a SB well I wouldn't mind if our QB had that title.;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m just glad you’re not running the team…three 1st rounders and three 2nd round picks would be cheap for your boy Watson…;):lolol:

Honestly, I’m surprised the asking price is that high. He comes with A LOT of baggage and is nowhere worth that. Shoot, I wouldn’t give up ONE first round pick for him, let alone three. :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelersGermany

Dec 27, 2021
    Of course not, mate. I would love it if Rudolph get this title.:thumbs_up:

15. SteelersGermany

Dec 27, 2021
    unfortunately not. I had to google. But i get u. Of course not, mate. I would love it if Rudolph get this title.:thumbs_up:[

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hahaha. Not doubting You. It's just ....I hear this every time a Qb comes out of OSU. No???????

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Shame on you:) Obviously you forget the great one out of OSU. Mike Tomczak. Won his first 10 starts until some no name QB topped him.;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I forgot about the great Tomczak. How silly of Me. LoL :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Foles was last good four years ago, he can't play anymore, he looked terrible when he had to play for the Bears.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelersGermany

Dec 27, 2021
    Maybe it depends on the two major shoulder injurys he had have in his career. The last one was in 2019. But what I tried to point is, that mason doesnt have the talent like players like Foles. Especially in the early years. IMO he will never have the same talent

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm talking about in the present, Mason is the better option than Foles right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Would not shock me nor surprise me if this is the case. Would not like it at all either. That said, if this is somehow, someway the case... BPA in the draft.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't pay attention to what Canada has to say about personnel moves, I doubt he will have much say in the matter.

• Like Like x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Not likely he will. That stated, I do agree with Dave about him being here for one year longer. Granted, a Big Ben past his prime, his expiration date no less, did not do Canada much favors. That said, his play calling has been very suspect all season long.

• Like Like x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're not a fan of Canada calls on third down throwing short of the sticks? Or 1st and goal throwing all three downs, no handoffs to Najee. Also, Ray Ray getting ten targets a game :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1