1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

“Roethlisberger Drink & Drunk”

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mstng1863, Nov 12, 2012.

1. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    [h=1]Chris Berman Apologizes After Monday Night Football Graphic Reads: “Roethlisberger Drink & Drunk”[/h] [​IMG] Timothy Burke

Ben Roethlisberger may be a "jagoff" notorious for his barroom antics, but when an item showed up in ESPN's televised rundown before Monday Night Football tonight titled "Roethlisberger Drink & Drunk," it caught many viewers by surprise.
    The segment, of course, was actually titled "Dink & Dunk," but the "Drink & Drunk" title remained onscreen for about 90 seconds before ESPN corrected it. Chris Berman would offer the most vague apology possible—not mentioning exactly what was wrong, or when—about a half hour later. We're sort of baffled how this sort of thing could happen; typos are one thing (they happen often at ESPN) but two right next to each other just seems like it ought to be impossible for the WWL.

2. mstng1863

Oct 17, 2011
    I cannot believe ESPN did this!

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Somebody thought they were funny.

I'm sure someone is going to catch hell for that. The Steelers as a franchise have a lot of pull with the NFL, and the NFL has a ton of influence over the networks.

4. mstng1863

Oct 17, 2011
  5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Well it guess its obvious who espn is pulling for tonight

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The dumbest thing about this is that it's supposed to say "Dink and DWYER"! Good grief can they not do anything right?

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    LOL ESPN IS A JOKE, I cant stand when we play on monday nite's, since ESPN took over

8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    SMH, I say it was intentional by someone making a very poor decision.

9. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well on top of that I could have sworn that at one point in the second half last night the game score on the TV broadcast showed KC 16 and Steelers 10 while the game was actually still tied at 10. Anyone else catch this ?

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Yes but that was when the Chiefs scored on the Incomplete pass/ fumble. Score was reversed...... I hope the Steelers nvr play another monday nite agan, as long as ESPN has the right's to the game's' Its obvious that ESPN is anti Steelers, DID it seem like to anyone that the commentaters where ( willing ) the chiefs to win or was it just me?

11. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Not sure why it matters who the network may or may not want to win. Every ESPN analyst picked the Steelers to win and most said it wasn't even going to be close.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I actually think Gruden calls it really good. I'd rather hear him than Mayock any day. I don't give a crap where every player went to college or what number they were drafted. I also don't buy in to the whole "the commentators are out to get us" thing either. Collinsworth gets slammed on here all the time but all I ever hear him say are good things about Ben and he seemed to LOVE Hines Ward when he played. Phil Simms was talking about the bad calls in the Giants game eventhough he did reverse his opinion of the fumble. Furthermore I would rather hear Torico ANY DAY of the week as opposed to boring robot Joe Buck. But even IF the commentators wanna flat out ROOT for the other team I say let 'em. That just makes it all the more sweet when we makes fools out of 'em. Also it's not like they're gonna get me to root against the Steelers anyway.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Yea and every time they ALL pick us to win, Steelers come out and play like crap. We don't need the so called ESPN experts picking Steelers to win !!!

14. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry, what analysts say has no impact on the game.

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Just sayin

16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It can be annoying but, you're right, other than that, the outcome of the game is not affected by the announcers.

The "typo" on ESPN is inexcusable and someone will be in a world of hurt over it I would imagine.

17. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ahh okay. That makes sense then other then it seemed like they sure took a long time to correct it.

18. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    They need it to be interesting to keep ratings. We may enjoy a 48-0 nothing beating (which we so rarely see) but close games keep people interested. Especially when a 1-7 team has chance to upset a premier franchise riding a 14-game Monday Night Football home winning streak.

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Ironically the people in the stadium didn't seem to be interested. They got all fair weather and commenced a mass exodus from Heinz. It really sorta irritated me. Well not sorta. It actually irritated me.

20. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I left with about 3 minutes to go in regulation. I'm not familiar with the area and didn't want to be stuck for hours after the game.

I spent money on my ticket for the team, screamed my head off for almost 4 quarters, and spend a ridiculous amount of time and money on this team. Me leaving early has nothing to do with a lack of support of fandom.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It happens here too, when the Steelers are struggling there's always somebody spouting off about not watching the Steelers. There was sombody in the gameday thread last night (don't feel like going back to see who it was.)who said they were going to watch American Chopper. Big time fair weather fans always run off mad, but come crawling back when the Steelers are doing good like they are the biggest fans ever. It's like this with most all sports teams. I've found that fair weather fans are the type of people that can't be trusted, you know the type that are selfish and are only around if they are getting something out of it.

22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I think I've literally turned one game off early and only because I was so pissed I gave myself a headache and threw a beer across my living room. Calming down was a priority at that point. I've never left a game early though, granted I've not been to a game below 50-60 degrees (Pre-season excluded). I sat there in the debacles in Jax till the last minutes soaked to the bone.

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah if I pay to go I'm staying. I was at a Titans game once and it just all of a sudden started raining and it was almost robotic at how the Titans "fans" just got up and started heading for the exit. I was like "dude Steelers fans would NEVER do that". But there has been some talk this year about how our fans have seemed to be not as enthusiastic at Heinz. I still think we have the most devoted fanbase but I just didn't like the way the stadium looked on tv.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We've all been there Lizard. I've had to get up and walk in the other room for a minute. We know the one's I'm refering to though.

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Ray D told me one of the funniest stories of anger that I've ever heard one time. He got so mad that he punched a door til he destroyed it and then when that didn't satisfy him he went outside and ATTACKED HIS OWN MAILBOX!!! HAHAHAHAHA! That's an EPIC MELTDOWN right there! I hope he forgives me for reiterating it.