1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic 2022 QB Options

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Carr is good. Raiders would be dumb to get rid of him, but if they did I would like to see the Steelers inquire about it.

Daniel Jones would be a project, but he also isn't on a very good team. At times he looks good.

2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Because Steeler fans are the most level headed of them all, myself included.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting. First time I have heard Cousins name mentioned. Better fix the line if they go that route. He’s one of the top QB’s when not under pressure and one of the worst when he is.

4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Yuck, no

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    For me quite frankly, I would not watch my beloved Steelers if Dalton, Minshew, Foles, Winston or some of these others being mentioned were under center. I would rather go with Rudolph or maybe Mariota. Or make a run at Carr.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You should never run at a car.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Lol I wouldnt hate it. Definitely like it better than some of the other names being tossed out there, Dalton, Trubitsky, Minshew.

8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Meh like you said he's great when he's not pressured. But what QB isn't?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I like Strong, I watched him a few times this season, that knee brace he wears will probably scare some teams off. I don't see him as a first round player.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not sure.

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I would prefer Mason over Jones.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My Friend. Every Qb in the NFL looks good at times. No???

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Just using Your comment for a jumping off point.
    I'm so confused. Everyone wants all these different Qbs just 2 stay competitive, but when We're competitive.....that's not enough....then only SB matter. So which is it????
    If bringing in another Qb is not going 2 automatically boost You 2 the SB....Why bother ???? Build the Team....then draft our future franchise Qb, and give Him a chance 2 be successful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It's the old question of is it better to be competitive every year but never win it all or have a couple down years but win a championship?

• Like Like x 1
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    most are saying 2nd, though things change as the draft gets closer. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m not a SB’s only matter person. Every win they get is a Sunday that I am happy, that means something to me.

But I also want to go into each season feeling there is a chance at a SB. With the exception of this season and 2019, I always feel like they have a chance, largely because of Ben. That’s no longer the case. I know we don’t agree on this but I think Ben is a bad QB now and he offers no chance at a SB.

I’m with you on some of these QB’s be mentioned, they wouldn’t offer any chance at a SB either. I think Cousins is a good QB though but they need to invest in the line heavily if they bring him here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Agreed. I want to sign some veteran like Foles or Trubisky and draft a future QB. The veteran would be there just to keep the seat warm until we have a reasonable OL. No better way to ruin a QB than to send him in as a rookie with no protection. See David Carr.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Plenty lol.

And he’s not just good, he’s ranked near the top, maybe the top.

19. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Maaaaaaaaaa!!! I'm done with my segment!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Don’t get me wrong, I’d take him in a New York minute minus the baggage. From what I’ve read, the Houston PD has talked to at least 10 women who have registered complaints against Watson. And I would have certainly been fine had Ben been shipped off to the Raiders after the second rape allegation. With the benefit of hindsight, I’m glad the Steelers stuck with him as he was obviously able to turn his life around. Getting married, having kids and a rededication to his Christian upbringing served him well. Maybe Watson can have the same kind of conversion experience. I hope he does…he has loads of talent. I just don’t think it would be wise for the Steelers to make that bet given what’s transpired with him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Great point of wanting to have the feel that you could win a SB. This team this year doesn't have it at all so these people with playoff aspirations what's the point?

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You'd have to have a lot or things far are way to be contenders next year ..

QB... Obviously no.1 thing...
    OL...Needs improved...
    DL...Need Tuiit and Alualu back, and depth added...
    LB...Bush not to suck, and an ILB and OLB added...
    CB...What's up with Haden........and now Witherspoon imo...Edmunds?

That's a lot in one year!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Quack quack quack the Duck is the answer.;)

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If they got Tuitt and Alualu back, would they really need to add depth? In that case, those two would start along with Heyward. Then they would have Loudermilk, Wormley, and probably Adams coming off the bench. This assumes they move on from Buggs, Davis, and Mondeaux.

They have to do something at quarterback, even if it is to bring in someone like Dalton or Minshew to compete with Rudolph.

The offensive line has to be the next priority, if not the top one. They need a starting center. They need a starting tackle. They might be able to get by with some mix of what they already have at guard.

They definitely have a lot to address in one offseason. They need to actually bring in some help in free agency and they need a strong draft.

25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    You don't start with a bad team and put a great QB on it. You do the opposite. When Ben arrived, there was a great team and support construct.

So go after your veteran free agent QB, invest in offensive lineman, skill positions, and defense. They can draft another QB also if something falls.

Put the pieces in place first.

I really think all the Wilson ,Rodgers, and especially Watson talk is really a pipe dream.

Enter your mitch trubiskey types etc etc. Mason will almost gautanteed get the starting nod next year pending an actually Ben retirement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1