1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It was great to send Ben out with a W, but last night showed why it's time

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Thanks Ben, but last night confirmed it's time to go.

Ben was 24/46 for 123 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. He threw almost 50 passes and barely broke 100 yards passing. His average per completion was only 2.7 yards. QBR of 11.9. And the Browns weren't exactly trying their hardest last night.

Thanks again Ben, let's get 1 more win vs the Ravens and ride off into the sunset.

2. TapOut64

TapOut64 Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    You meant to say his average per attempt was 2.7 as he had a whopping 5.1 average per completion. In his last 3 games he has had 148-159-123 passing yards so it's hard to disagree with you. I guess his arm is getting tired?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Ben said before the game he still has "gas in the tank" but not sure how close to E the tank is. His stats could be combination of what his line and WR's are able to provide him. I think he has to throw very quickly to WR's that have a difficult time getting separation. Looked like Ben was throwing the ball quite early even on longer routes and that doesn't give the WR's any maneuver room when the ball is in the air heading their way. Many jump balls then happen and that doesn't provide stats that look good. I think he understands that it will take some time for all the pieces to come together and by that time he'll be well out of gas. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    In Ben's defense.... most of the balls thrown to DJ and Claypool could have been caught, but were dropped.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    My conspiracy theory is that Ben's arm is much worse off after the elbow surgery than is being reported. The Steelers moved to a quick pass offense because Ben cannot physically throw more than 10 yards more than a handful of times per game without serious risk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Took the words right out of my mouth.

• Like Like x 2
  7. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have to agree with your take on his elbows strength. Even with a better line last year he was now putting up great numbers. I know some argue the numbers of TDS he threw last season as evidence I don’t know what I am talking about, but our defense kept us in the first 11 games last season and often gave short field to work with. However, once injuries piled up on the defense we were exposed on offense. I hope the defense can deliver another win against the Ravens. I don’t believe we will make the playoffs even with that win, but it would be nice for Ben to end his career on a winning note in the regular season, versus a first round playoff loss.

8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You're not wrong. His legs and his arm are shot. He's left it all out there on the field and I appreciate him for all of the great memories he's created as the Steelers QB.

9. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    This post is like watching a movie where a cowboy is actively riding into the sunset and saying "He should ride into the sunset." Yes. That is what is already happening. That is the thing that is ongoing. You are watching the sunset ride. The Baltimore game is the last hill after that the cowboy is gone, and a greenhorn drifter is going to try hopelessly to fill his boots.

The sequel is a comedy. Hope you like it.

• Like Like x 1