1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So some exciting news...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by troybellringer55, Dec 27, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I meet him in 2012. Very nice guy

• Like Like x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    That's cool! Good luck and have Fun.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Little update. I have to be at Heinz Field at 5:20pm the whole event is over by 6:05pm

I have no idea if we get to actually have a player give us the ball and sign it for us or if they are already signed. No idea on that part. All I know is we get to go on the field and get a ball signed by a player. Not sure if players will be warming up or not before then, doesn't last very long.

Sad part is once I am in Heinz Field I can't go back out to my vehicle and take the ball. I have to have with me the whole darn game.
    So basically have to hang on to it in a clear bag for maybe 6 hours.

Craziness. Also had to upload my vaccine info and sign a waiver, or else I wouldn't be allowed on the field of play at all.

Fun times we are living in...... but glad I got chosen out the many season ticket holders.

But who knows maybe I get lucky and win that trip to Vegas for the 2022 NFL draft that they are giving away.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    FYI, I’m an exceptional travel partner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Good Luck :thumbs_up:

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You beat Me 2 it. LoL. :thumbs_up:

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ll already be at the game. Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Good to hear one of "us" getting this type of opportunity. However, now that you have let the cat out the bag, you owe us some proof that this actually happened (a pic pr two will suffice). Make sure if you get near any Stains running around to use sanitizer quickly after. JK. Congrats to you for this game and hopefully more to come your way.

• Like Like x 1
  9. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Congratulation Sir!! Have a blast!! a little side note here: If Dontae Johnson "butter fingers" hands you a signed ball dont drop it please!!:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  10. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Plax should have carried a single action Colt. That gun is extremely difficult to fire accidentally.

Plus how cool would that be in an altercation? Someone bumps into Plax spilling a $35 cosmopolitan onto his $300 pants. A toothless miner shoves the surrounding crowd back expecting violence. A tumbleweed rolls into the Manhattan night club from nowhere. Plax pulls out his single action. Half cocked. Half drunk. Full cocked. Full with vengeance for his designer jeans. Eyes get narrow. Pulls the trigger. "Oh my God! I didn't mean to do that! Oh God! Oh God!"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    You looked good on the big screen.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
  13. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    To update everyone. I was able to get a ball signed by Zach Banner. All the balls were pre-signed and we didn't get to meet the player or any players.
    This was almost 2 hours and 50 minutes before kickoff so there wasn't a lot players for either team out there. I did get a good shot of Pat Freiermuth warming up, and Josh Dobbs was trotting by jogging. Also could see Dionte Johnson in the distance catching tennis balls from a trainer.

Got a pretty nice picture of the ESPN MNF set, Randy Moss and Suzy Q. was there, boy he talks as loud on that set as he sounds on TV.

It was a neat experience, we got to enter the field through the service tunnel, being back in the tunnels wasn't a big deal really, I had been there before in a Stadium tour of fan fest they do during the NFL draft weekend, I had also been on the field for that fan fest before.

But, being there on a gameday was really cool with the bright lights. I could only imagine what its like playing under them with 60,000 plus screaming.
    We couldn't go on the field itself but we could go right to the edge of the field.

I also did not win the trip to Las Vegas for the draft ( ended up having a one in 8 chance. They put a card in the back of the cardboard box our footballs were in, it said if you were the winner for not. Just totally random on the ball they gave you.

If you guys are looking for me I am the guy standing between the taller guy and the shorter guy 2nd in from right with a Steelers ski cap on my head (chilly night)

Any way I was very appreciative non the less. Very cool that I got to do it for Ben's final home game, got to make the Jumbotron during the game.

Pays to go to every single game (including pre-season) very lucky because I am sure there is a ton of people that go to every game too so to be selected out of all the season ticket holders was quite a honor.

Here we go Steelers!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  14. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    How did you know which one I was????

15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Looked like a special night you had. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. TapOut64

TapOut64 Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    The tall guy looks a little like Franco Harris.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I was just messing with you. I had no idea. But the entire group looked to be having a great time.

:thumbs_up: