1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting take on Klemm by Dejan Kovacevic

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Dec 28, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Honestly...I thought it would get better. :shrug:
    Sorry My bad. :thumbs_up:
    For a short second it looked 2 be getting better...then all of a sudden it got worse.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    it will be ok, we will be spared the torture of a playoff run. Your liver will thank them later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Nfl playbooks are 500-1000 pages long. It’s not that Washington doesn’t know what a slant is or a post or whichever route you choose. He has to know which route he’s supposed to run on every single play. Yes. Washington has been here 3 years. This offense and terminology hasn’t. Washington would not be better prepared to play in the slot than the backup slot receiver. If you don’t know the play you’re a liability.
    You missed the point asking about who to play center. The backup center knows his assignments for each play. The left tackle does not. So you play the center.

oh good lord with the getting the kicker concussed. You weren’t ****ing whining about Boswell throwing the ball when he hit Villanueva for a td.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Banner had some type of setback once training camp started.

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    possibly but I feel if they still had Dick Lebeau during the AB and Bell years they win a sb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Finally something I agree with You about. Surprised You didn't add Lamar somehow. LoL

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Only if LeBeau had the same level of talent he had in 2008, that 2017 defense not so much.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm not doing it now Im talking about unexpected things happening. There is a reason they don't dress 3 QB's on game day because if you end up needing that 3rd guy you are in trouble. You don't prepare for a trick play resulting in not having a kicker who in their right mind does that. If your center is hurt in a game and you have no one left behind the backup you don't try complex plays with the backup center pulling left or pulling right or god forbid leaving him one on one vs someone like Aaron Donald or Jones last week.

Your reasoning on Washington is making excuses. We aren't talking about adjusting the game plan on the fly to account for your primary receiver getting injured. You don't throw Washington in there and expect a Santonio Holmes type performance in the SB. You put him in and run plays that aren't complicated. running a slant route isn't complicated, running a pick off the same motion to free up DJ isn't complicated. This isn't the west coast offense, all you need is for a guy catch the ball. But since you want to make excuses why didn't they move DJ or CLaypool? DJ has shown he can run a quick slant and take it to the house so why wouldn't you make that move rather than McCloud who really hasn't shown anything since last year other than that teams don't consider him a threat

9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    it was bad but the schemes and adjustments were bad. They did nothing to try to compensate for the lack of talent. LeBeau would’ve figured something out to make them at least decent. Look at how spags midseason has turned the chiefs defense around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was going to give you credit until the snark :beee:

Maybe it would have been ok if they actually brought in a o-line coach that didn’t need to call people because he didn’t know what to do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Oh so you dumb down play calling instead of using your full Arsenal. Makes perfect sense. :roflmao:

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yes you do. it's football and doesn't have to be that complicated always. remember ben putting wr's in spots basically drawing plays in the dirt. you play to the players strengths, that you have on the field when injuries happen. you can't expect ray ray to be cooper kupp on a moments notice. practice between the QB and these young WR's should have been going on but ben wwas used to taking those vet days off every week. when the QB isn't accustom to the personnel it's difficult to adjust in any fashion mid game. :cool:

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Practice was happening between ben and the young wide receivers. That’s why the back up slot receiver played in the slot after an injury. I can’t believe you of all people would be advocating for that. Ok James run a slant. Oh wait whoops I need to call an audible. I’ve got to run over and tell James what to run now. Oops time clock running down have to call a timeout. Okay here we go James run an x. Oh **** they’re gonna blitz James needs to be the hot route here. HEY JAMES YOURE THE HOT. RUN Y INSTEAD!! Whoopsie interception returned for a touchdown. The announcer says it sure seemed like that cornerback knew what was coming. Color commentator- Well he did we could hear Ben screaming what route to run all the way up here.
    Meanwhile people are furiously tapping away at their keyboards TOMLIN DIDNT HAVE THEM PREPARED! PLAYING DOWN…: blah blah blah yada yada yada

If you don’t know the play you’re a liability. You have to play the man that’s best prepared to play.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

ray ray played the slot because of the fact that our qb was hearing footsteps for the last two years and must release the ball within 2 seconds. DJ and ray ray get off the line and make a move to get open that fast much quicker then claypool or washington. dj and ray ray have the quickness that makes this possible. :cool:

15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

So now Washington wasn’t the best choice. It just wasn’t because Washington wasn’t prepared to play out of position. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

not sure it wasn't prepared as far as limited physically with what our style had become. he was never good at beating his man off the line quickly. just not his game. square peg round hole. :cool: