1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire Mike Tomlin thread.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Knobby

Knobby Member

Dec 3, 2021
    I am not certain, but I don’t think coaches count against the salary cap. If that’s the case why do the Steelers never hire quality coordinators? Possibly MT doesn’t wish to be challenged or ownership is cheap. 2 OC in as many years, same as OL coach, both promoted from within. I don’t get it.

2. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    Hey Yinzers.Try to keep it short, and excuses my bad english. I´m a 43 years old guy from cologne, Germany and a die hard Steelers fan. Since my childhood, when Mario Lemieux whirled on the ice, i fell in love with Pittsburgh and its crazy fans and atmosphere. And then came the 2004 NFL draft, Big Ben Roethlisberger. Man, what a journey and how long have we been walking through the fire together. All the up and downs, missed opportunities, but it was fun, still a great time with three super bowl runs. And then comes yesterday. We had bad games and some hard times in the last 2, 3 seasons. So bad moments at times, that u can just laughing out loud. Its truly entertaining sometimes. But yesterday and especially the first half of the last 5 games are the worst I've ever seen in my life when it comes down to the Steelers. No words. It hurts.

Though I should know better, I am also on the bandwagon that the entire coaching staff including MT will have to leave after this season. But don't expect any improvement or better times in anyway. This taught me the love for my favorite local club 1. FC Köln. We were top of the tops in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Since the 90s we have tried unsuccessfully to be great again with a huge number of new coaches and players. But Mike Tomlin and his coaching staff, man, so many crazy head-shaking decisions, too much. But I'll definitely miss the humor in them, for sure :) And i´m also sick of a lot of players on the grass.

But what I've also learned as a fan in the last 25 years and more, at this point in the season none of that matters anymore! It does not matter!! It also makes absolutely no sense to talk about winners and losers anymore. Stop it! All that matters is:

We´re the ******* STEELERS, we´re steel curtain and the pride of the AFCN!! We never ever give up or tank a season for a would-be savior in the future. Man, stand up and grow, be the savior yourself. Damn, we are still in the hunt for the ******* Playoffs.
    Go ahead, kick the **** out of the clowns. Give the Future First Ballon HOF QB a win in his last home game (he deserves it) AND kick the **** out of the ******* undignified Ravens with their dishonorable Head Coach an MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

Give Big old washed Ben, a hero mine and for the most of the steelers nation a last playoff run or should i say super bowl run with RayRay as his number one target :) Come OOOONNNN

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO! Greets from Germany

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I disagree. I think this is part of his makeup and how he coaches. Most teams try and prepare before hand. Tomlin attempts to try and find out what the other team is doing and then fails to make any corrections. I guess we'll just disagree

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You sure that was Harris? I thought Snell was in on the last drive

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Last play...Najee got his head and neck drive into the ground,Thank God it wasn't worse

6. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Am I posting in the Official FMTI thread?

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Chuck Noll said to win you have to do the ordinary things better day in and day out. This Steeler team doesn’t do this. It’s on the coaches when the team doesn’t do these things. It’s on ownership when the coaches don’t. The ownership needs to get off the fascination of having only 3 HC’s in the last 52 years and do the ordinary thing, and cut loose an underachiever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

You're right Disco's wrong. The play Disco is talking about was the meaningless play right before halftime. about 4 seconds to go and 70 yards, Ben threw the screen pass to Najee for the concussion possible play. It was stupid, ugly and asinine all in the same breath.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Yep, You're right

10. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Seen Tomlin sided with Rae Rae about the taunting flag smh...Whether he thought the flag was warranted or not...He still condones his players silly gestures, when his team is getting it handed to them!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Greetings to you as well! I love your city, been there a couple times. Go Steelers!

12. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Welcome from Germany! Great Post, welcome aboard...And Go Steelers!

• Like Like x 1
  13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ben has hamstrung the offense. People keep clamoring for Canada’s head when we haven’t seen his offense. We’ve seen what they’ve tried to cobble together given Ben’s limited skill set. Get a qb that actually leads his receivers and hits them in stride and those infuriating 1-2 yard passes become 6,7,8+ plays. Find a qb that can hit the deep ball with something resembling consistency and suddenly the defense can’t stack the box. Take snaps from under center and play action pass becomes a viable option. Take snaps from under center and your running back is actually hitting hitting a hole at full speed. For the love of god use the middle of the field!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Do you happen to know any of the Scorpions? They Rock

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Yeah, you're right. i didn't feel like answering at the time, BUT what i do see in Tomlin is his ability to communicate and connect with his players for the most part, i believe he's a strong leader, and at minimum he's been consistent enough that you at least didn't feel like the season was over before it started as is the case with the NY franchises or Detroit. When he has the personnel he's done well with scheming defenses that for the most part end up being top 10 in the league. History proves that I think his biggest flaw is that he has been too stubborn to hire a competent offensive coordinator, which ultimately may be his downfall. He's had to spread his self thin it appears by including himself in the offensive game planning this year and it looks like it's affecting the defense. I'm not sure if a coaching tree reflects necessarily negatively or positively upon a coach, but at this point hiring within the organization has not produced any of that so its time to look outside now. I think his stubbornness is reflected in his loyalty to certain players, but to a fault in some instances. Until i hear the actual name of the person that has been hired to help with clock management and coaches challenges than I assume this is another area of stubbornness. I refuse to believe that he has lost the respect of this team or that they don't play hard for him. They're not in contention if that was the case. That might be the case however with the players and Matt Canada...which ultimately reflects upon Tomlin and gives the impression that its him they have given up on.

16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    really? He does? What did you see from claypool yesterday?

17. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    thanks for your greetings... And Dusty1, if you´re once again in Cologne, feel free to contact. I´m coming for a beer. Most likely I will never see Big Ben play live on the green grass at the stadium, but I will surely come over one day and see a Steelers game at Heinz Field. HERE WE GO

18. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Your English is better than my German. I was stationed in Mannheim Germany after I got out of Vietnam and before I returned to the 1st Cavalry in Texas. Loved Germany. Bertchesgarden, Garmisch, Man beautiful places.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So Ben called the plays for Mason when He played???
    Because those play that Mason ran sure looked a hell of a lot like the plays that Ben has been running.
    You do know Mason played a whole game right???
    I know some excuse. Let's hear it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Do you really think they’re practicing two offenses? One for ben and one for Rudolph and Haskins

• Like Like x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Can't change plays???
    I once heard someone say a great Oc designs around what He has, not has 2 have a certain thing for His system.
    Also tell Me when this Oc has ever been great???
    This is My 2nd time following Him, and it's the 2nd time everyone wanted Him gone. Now I'm not impressed with Mob mentality, but I believe that it may say something. :shrug:

22. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Oh.. this is the official one?

HACK

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  23. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    One would think you would be even less impressed with mob mentality when that mob makes the same arguments for every single coach that comes through the door

• Like Like x 1
  24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    The cracks are starting to form. Not often you see anyone publicly question him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    shannon sharp hates the steelers. this aint the first time he has called tomlin out for his players actions. he said the same thing when the claypool thing happened.

• Agree Agree x 1