1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers will still have a chance to win the division…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    AND...Watt looks like he's done....He made up for a lot of mistakes....This team is Toast!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Lol

3. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Watt making a habit of getting robbed for DPOY. Really unfortunate this year he really deserved it. Crazy production despite injury.

4. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Well, Cleveland and Baltimore are both decimated and are as mediocre as the Steelers. We’re zombies…you can’t kill us. upload_2021-12-26_21-14-16.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Looks that way

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually I'm putting money on us winning out. Not that will mean anything for us to go 9-7-1, but as a Steelers fan I will enjoy beating the Browns, and the ravens.
    That will make me a bit more joyous.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
  8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    That makes no sense what you just said here. The Steelers need the Broncos to beat the Chargers next week not Denver to beat Oakland. I’m guessing that’s what you meant.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Yeah anything could happen and I do believe in miracles but NOTHING presently or through the course of this season has led me to believe this team is playoff material. But I've been wrong many times before and would love to be in this instance.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers would need to win both remaining games while the Dolphins, Raiders, and Chargers each lose one. The Dolphins have a tough remaining schedule. They play the Saints Monday night, then the Titans and Patriots. The Raiders play the Colts while the Chargers play the Broncos next week. Then the Raiders and Chargers play one another.

My bet is the Steelers will tease us by winning the last two while the Raiders lose to the Colts and Dolphins fall to the Titans, but the Chargers win out to end the Steelers' season. I say this not out of faith in the Steelers, but out of pessimism because that would be the worst possible outcome, screwing up the draft position without getting into the postseason.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    I’m looking at the Browns game as Ben’s last hurrah, a playoff game and super bowl all rolled up into one

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Up until today's games, the Steelers still had an outside chance at the #1 seed. LOL

13. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I think the Dolphins lose either to the Saints tonight in New Orleans or at Tennessee next week which would put them out at 8 losses and I think it will come down to the Raiders and the Chargers game in Vegas the last week with the Steelers needing Vegas to win for them to get the 7 seed assuming they beat both the Browns and Ravens these final 2 weeks and finish 9-7-1.

But like I’ve been pointing out if the Chiefs win in Cincinnati on Sunday and the Steelers beat the Browns on Monday night the division will come down to the Steelers Ravens game in Baltimore and needing the Bengals to lose in Cleveland that final week. Keep in mind the Browns beat the Bengals in Cincinnati in early November by 25 points and the Bengals are one team that Baker Mayfield seems to always play well against and beat.

The Steelers are gonna have 2 paths I think to get in for either winning the AFC North or that final wildcard spot and the 7 seed. I think it will really come down to them winning these final 2 games. I think if they finish 9-7-1 they will get the necessary help just barely to sneak in as either AFC North Champions or as the 7 seed and the last wildcard position.

14. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wait.....this is new from you lol. And I actually happen to AGREE with you this time. He should have never boarded the plane home.

15. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    This is factually true as well as entirely likely. I believe as well as others on here that 9-7-1 gets into the playoffs. My prediction varies from some of the more optimistic posters at that point. As the KC game pointed out; this is the time of the year when the contenders separate themselves from the pretenders. The Steelers are pretenders this year. The Chiefs, Bills, Cowboys, and Packers are contenders. The contenders will take care of business as they usually do during the home stretch. We have seen the Steelers take care of business many times throughout the decades when they actually were fielding a championship caliber team. Sadly, they are not that team this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Me too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I'm confused. Is this what a troll does? Mr Glemm, you seem to be an authority on this, am I assuming correctly?

18. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't think that is what people are hesitant about as most want this to happen. I think many don't want to get their hopes up just to be disappointed again. Let's face it, it's a long shot at best so history is on the side of those who are doubtful. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    History has shown that if the Stains can lose a game to keep US out, that's what they'll do. JMO>

20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

21. Bama Steel

Bama Steel Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    The NFL gets harder to predict every day. Crazy upsets and losses all over the place. After watching the Atlanta Braves win the World Series after a very frustrating regular season, I believe it could happen with Pittsburgh. Maybe we have just enough good luck coming to us after a frustrating year for the Steelers. Whatever the case, we must persevere.

• Like Like x 1
  22. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    No team deliberately loses a game. It’s ridiculous to suggest. The Browns and Bengals have a huge rivalry to sit there and act like the Browns would be perfectly content with letting the Bengals come into their home stadium and clinch the division is absurd. They will play the Bengals hard and as I’ve mentioned in previous threads the Bengals are one team that Baker Mayfield has played well against in his career and they beat the Bengals by 25 points in early November in Cincinnati.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure he was implying that it was intentional. He just doesn't trust the Browns in that situation. A few years back when the Steelers needed them to beat the Ravens in the final game of the season, it sure seemed like the Browns were trying, but they couldn't quite get it done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steel_ben7.

I just posted something very similar in another thread. Like you, I put the following question to those on The Board here:

“In all honesty wouldn’t you as Steelers’ fans want to see them make the playoffs?”

If your answer is “No” then I will conclude one of the following:

• You need a Steelers’ fandom check.

• You are not being truthful to yourself as well as others.

• You are just a “Fair Weather” fan.

• Maybe you are just “weak” and do not know what fighting to the end means.

Hey, I will continue to follow My Steelers until their season officially ends. Just as I have been doing for nearly half of a century now.

STEELWINDS
    The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    The Packers got a ton of help from the refs to beat the Browns by 2 points. If the Browns ran the ball on the last drive they win that game.

I don't think the Steelers win out. I think they finish 8-8-1.

If the Browns are smart they will just run for 225 yards.