1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire Mike Tomlin thread.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm with you, way too many "Robert Spillanes" on this team. Where do these guys come from?

Colbert used to be money, and now he is giving us low-tier garbage. Can it be Mike's influence or does Colbert or our scouting department just not have it anymore?

Maybe it is time to say to Mike that he can make the Grocery List, but he can't buy the Groceries?

Oh and one more thing about Mike: Lebeau left this team with a historically great run defense and now we are dead last.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Two of our top three DL are out. Out top two backups are MIA. We haven’t come close to replacing what Mike Hilton brought to the team. Like @The Sodfather said. We had a small window if everyone stayed healthy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    I agree with most of what you said but I think we're way past the point of the Rooney family pressuring Tomlin. Probably five years too late.

None of this will get better until Tomlin leaves.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe I agree with about all of this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Andy Reid has so much control over that offense that Bienemy is a bad pick. Also Mahomes could make any OC look good.

Josh McDaniels went from the best to worst OC back to best when he went from Brady to Denver/STL IIRC back to Brady.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I can't stand how this team is getting pushed around. As a Pittsburgh Steeler diehard fan, it is heart breaking to watch. I'm not a draft guru so I can't answer to who they have as scouts and what their system is. However, someone else pointed out they seem to draft from specific schools too much. Hell, Tomlin has been accused of drafting too many players from the Virginia, Maryland and Carolinas region. Maybe it all needs to be scrapped and rebuilt by whoever they hire as the new G.M. I realize it's tough for a team to be a playoff team every season, never mind being a championship threat as such. However, I don't remember a team that was this soft. I mean if you're going to go down, go down knocking someone on their ass. Get your pint of blood. Take your lumps, but hand some out, too. This team doesn't seem to have the ability to do that, and it sucks to watch.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Ron Cook said it better than I could :

I think back to something Tomlin said after the Steelers fell behind 23-0 in the first half at Minnesota on Dec. 9 when he was asked about the team’s slow starts.

“I’m not overly concerned about that perspective. Oftentimes, you’re simply gathering information or setting things up for later in the contest.”

I’m sure I have heard a more nonsensical answer, but I’ll be damned if I can remember one.

That statement shows how lost Mike Tomlin is. Tomlin is just out of touch

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tomlin is not lost. He just says the stuff he says to not let people have what they want.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I think people are under the impression that coaches live for post-game interviews and the opportunity to give detailed accounts of every decision.

Tomlin's coaching ability may be debatable but his penchant for giving long non-answers, that media folks quote like scripture, is great lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. kicker_twentyone

kicker_twentyone Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Tomlin. Wtf Rooney's waiting 4 ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I don't think this is entirely on Tomlin. This is on Colbert and Rooney himself. Ever since Arians was fired, Rooney wanted a power running attack and said the same thing every year since. This year they brought in a OC that brings a strong running scheme and basically has had him call the same exact offense we've seen during OCRF tenure. There's obviously wrinkles that are Canada's bread and butter, but overall, this is a playbook that Fichtner and Ben made a few years ago. What was the point of promoting Canada if you're not going to let him run his offense. Watch Canada go to a place like Tennessee in a few years and suddenly look like a genius.

As for the defense, idk wtf happened.

12. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    i just wanna know how many coordinators and assistants have to fall on the sword for tomlin. i mean the buck does stop with the head coach. they dont do anything without his blessing. :shrug: he is a co architect of the game plans and schemes. if **** aint working it's his job to make sure it get fixed. yet week after week, season after season his teams come in and look like they dont even practice. no discipline , no business like approach. no sense of urgency. chuck noll and bill cowher spent decades creating a team identity of smash mouth physical football. as cowhers players disappeared so did that identity. instead we have tik tok dancing divas.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    stick a fork in this team. top to bottom. :cool:

15. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    It's embarrassing as a Steeler fan to watch this team act like stupid punks. Ray-Ray is flagged for taunting after catching a ****ing ball when we are down 30-0. Our defense skips down the field to pose for a happy picture after an interception while we are getting killed. Claypool takes valuable time off the clock to do that ridiculous first down thing. This isn't anything new. We need a new sheriff in town.

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    fire........... ahh why bother. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    The Colts had 4 offensive lineman out and a TE get hurt. Yet Jonathan Taylor ran for 100+ yards and they got the win. Good coaching get help you manage some wins or at least playing well when guys are missing

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t disagree. Our coaching stinks also.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

The taunting call was a crap penalty but it IS stupid for this team to do these silly things when they are getting killed on the field. I can't believe that our Captains put up with that crap. This team just has no discipline anywhere in the organization. It's downright awful to watch.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    you’re so close yet so far away

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What if we go 0-3 to end the season? Titans fumbled us our last win and this could easily be a 0-4 ending. The trend would continue unabated and that can't be ignored by them, right? Not saying I want it this way but how can we continue to play so poorly and win against decent teams? I am caught in the vice of wanting a good draft pick but also not losing anymore. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Your response is based on something that is not going to happen, so it really doesn't answer the question raised IMO>

23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Did anyone stay up and watch the last play of the meaningless game ( Tomlin did it again )...

Najee was plowed head first into the turf, got up wobbly and shaking his arms...DJ play all over again!

Why does Tomlin continue to get his players hurt on meaningless plays...Why isn't he called out on it? Do you think the players are getting fed up with his stupidness?

24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not to mention that MR showed a lot more mobility in the pocket and had a nice run when the protection broke down. BR is no longer capable of doing that.

25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    MR’s mobility in the pocket and escapability stood out to me. Not that he’s the most mobile QB but he sort of looked like LJ compared to Ben’s statuesque (and I don’t mean height) presence in the pocket.

• Agree Agree x 1