1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Connor

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Cranny, Dec 13, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Doesn't stop people from Hating on Ben ...Why should it stop them from Hating on our Great Rookie???????:shrug:

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You can go back and look at my old comments. I thought it was the line , and not Connor.....though I did worry about His injuries. Good Luck 2 Him as long as He's not playing us.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ben caused some of the problems at least early in the season. But yeah I get what you're saying. He's defiantly been good as of late.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    the line certainly didnt help but it was also the plays. Ben has been in love with that personnel grouping and it is hard to generate a run game with it. Conner would have to go from standing still to 60mph and hope the hole didn't close. His running style means defenders try to chop him down by the legs that led to injury issues. to be honest watching some of the weekend games its hard to believe more linemen dont get hurt by guys rolling up their legs.

5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Conner is in the perfect role as others have said, he is playing in a good offence and the Cardinals appear to know what he is good at and they use him accordingly. I had an inkling that he would have a nice season for himself but even still his level of production has surprised me. The fans absolutely love him there

I am glad for him, he seems like he is a great guy. He always worked hard in the offseason and carried himself really well too. I think he needed a change of scene though. There’s no way he would have 14tds if he stayed in Pittsburgh

I hope he gets paid, albeit I think this level of production is not sustainable and I’d imagine that the Cardinals will know that too

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Who cares? Najee>Conner

7. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    The cards coaches utilize talent we don’t.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Did the offense look like crap when they had LeVeon, and AB?

9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Another ex player who shines after leaving Tomlins Kiddie Camp...Shocking!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Sometimes, yes

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    He has an offensive line. He isn't' getting plastered behind the line of scrimmage on every play. The 1 year he had a decent oline in Pittsburgh he played 13 games, put up 973 yards, and 12 touchdowns. People also choose to ignore that he averaged 4.3 yards per carry in his 4 years in Pittsburgh and NEVER had a season in Pittsburgh with less than 4 yards per carry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Conner had a better YPC in Pittsburgh.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. NewMexicoLobo

NewMexicoLobo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2021
    Guys, he's rushed for under 700 yards for 13 games, at 3.7 YPC, and that's on a better team than the Steelers. He's a terrific person, but he's just not a good RB.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    James Conner can’t play a full season, he’s injury prone. Conner was a mess and still a mess somewhat. Oh, as I type this out I noticed he’s getting an MRI and could miss the rest of the season.

why this board could compliment this bum is beyond me. He had no heart!

16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Just imagine how good Najee can be if we had a line and a coach who understood offense?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You're the guy who claims that the Steelers are gonna win the division amongst other ridiculous predictions. So we don't put much faith into what you say.

18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Tomlin doesn't believe in using two backs so that's not why we drafted him. He was just to be a backup.

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Chuck (K)noll just rolled over in his grave at this threads title. :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Look at how the Cardinals use him and then tell me if you think that would fly here?

They have a dynamic QB who can kill you with his legs or arm, that makes defending RB’s much harder. He’s primarily a red zone RB, he gets a lot of scoring opportunities that he wouldn’t be getting here.

He’s also running behind a better offensive line.

JC it’s a great guy and gives his all but he wasn’t the answer at RB here and lets not overlook his injury history. He just got hurt Monday night after having a heavy workload.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Great hands as a receiver. Or did you not see his one handed grabs?

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    First, I am a Pitt man. JC is a fine football player that couldn't stay healthy.

He is not in the same universe as Najee is, not even close.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    When they drafted Snell I actually thought he would be the early down workhorse and they’d be moving Conner to the kind of role he has now in Arz as a short yardage and third down back. He was always good in the red zone and his pass protection and effectiveness as a receiver was always underestimated I felt.

Snell turned out to be useless in the end so I dont know if that was ever actually the Steelers plan but I still feel that is Conners role in the NFL and he is very very good at it. I could see him having a good long career as long as he is part of a committee and his employers understand that he can’t handle being the bellcow