1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So explain this to me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 29, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So we have a crowd of what I call negative posters here.
    They tell us each week how bad this team is.
    They predict we will lose each week
    They tell us how bad the coaches are
    They tell us how bad the players are
    They tell us how bad the owner is
    They tell us that we drafted the wrong players
    You're getting the point right?

It's really hard to argue with some of this stuff cause we are playing like **** right now.

So tell me this "negative crowd" if you believe all the stuff you post and predict the Steelers are going to lose then why do you show up after a loss and act so surprised that we actually lost? I mean you predicted it.

Why are you so offended by the loss? After all you predicted it.

You tell us all week long how bad the team is then seem to be even more upset when your predictions actually come true. Why is that?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    People like to vent when they are upset. Is that so hard to understand?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have no issue with it. This is, after all, a message board and we all come here to discuss the team right? They are playing like **** so I guess my question is, what else is there to say? Or are you saying they just shouldn't post? If I think it's ridiculous, I just skip over it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm just trying to find out why some people seem so upset about something they actually predicted would happen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    As fans we root for the team to win. That's what you don't get. You think pessimistic fans are not real or good fans.

I got up early to drive five hours home yesterday to watch the game even though I wasn't optimistic they would win.

I'd love to be proven wrong and I'll tune in again next week with the same hope.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    And some people (you) like to troll when people are upset.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    Everyone thinks their loved ones will die someday, and when it happens they still get upset. Are you saying they shouldn't?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Kinda yeah. They already hit their time limit during the week.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Do they trash talk their loved ones nonstop to anyone who will listen then show up at the funeral and pile on some more?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    What a shocker, if you don't have an answer to the criticism, the solution is to silence the critics.

Good news, you can do that all by yourself. There's an Ignore button - put it to use if you don't like what you read from certain people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No. I'll just point out their mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FeartheBeard

Oct 26, 2011
    I get it. Negativity over and over sucks BUT.....and I am asking this in all seriousness - what else is there to say?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nothing that hasn't already been said over and over and over. That's kinda the point.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Here's your daily dose of chastising by the self-appointed hall monitor.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. FeartheBeard

Oct 26, 2011
    But if that is the point, then there will be no one talking on here. The same things are posted because the Steelers keep doing the same thing over and over so there really is nothing else to say.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    If it were up to Glenn only positive thoughts would be allowed to be posted. I imagine this board would be a lot less active and a lot more boring.

It would basically be Glenn talking to himself.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I would love if they won every game they play and be a top team every year, but thats not very realistic. I think they could be better prepared for some of these games and make better in game adjustments, but they are what they are...a very inconsistent team.

It's frustrating watching some of the guys celebrate when down big or take idiotic angles on run plays.

I don't know if its just me or if its just recently, but Najee is starting to annoy me. I still like him and the pick, but why does he run to the line, stop, and then get tackled. We don't have the best run game and he clearly must know that. Maybe try running to the hole and over someone. AJ Dillon yesterday is a prime example of this. He could have ran to the line timid and got taken down for 0-2 yards, but he ran into contact picking up 3-7 yards a lot of times.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think we both know that we don't want that. Just get sick of the same people with the same tired rants.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I can agree with this. It's like just put your head down and get some yards.

20. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019

Now turn the mirror around
    --- SteelerGlenn posting the same rah-rah BS week after week, loss after loss, no matter how dire things look. Might people get weary of the "same tired rants" you post on a daily basis that seem to ignore the reality of the current state of the Steelers?

Then you have the gall to tell people what they are, and aren't allowed to say on a public forum?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    So you've said. Only about 1,000 times though. Maybe you should replay your tired rant another few thousand and maybe, just maybe we'll be able to understand the point you trying to make. Geez dude, we get it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    First off it's not a public forum.
    And when your a fan of a team you are supposed to be positive and support your team. That's normal. The other stuff is well stupid after it's repeated over and over and over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Do you still need that hug Bro?

24. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    How does prediction have anything to do with anything? If you make our punter the starting QB we all can predict it wont go well. Should we be happy with that decision then? Wtf are you even talking about?

Id say the fact that everyone but the front office and MT knew building an Oline with practice squad players would be a disaster. Watching it unfold as it obviously would is maddening. Watching MT flounder has a HC for a decade is maddening.

I think many recognized building a defense entirely with undersized speed players creates an obvious problem and we are watching it unfold every Sunday. This unit lacks any physical ability and cant tackle. This is why you don’t become one dimensional. Our only defensive game is rushing the QB. When you cant tackle and cant stop the run your talented players cant play aggressively and make plays.

Most fans are not happy with failure. Anyone with a competitive ounce of blood in their body is not going to enjoy watching a once proud franchise flounder.

These are not our kids so Im not handing out participation trophies. I want to watch quality play. So your lack of understanding of the displeasure and negativity is the bizarre behavior.

I want no part of being a fan of a team that doesn’t care about winning the sb. You can enjoy what ever it is that makes you watch . No one is telling you how to be a fan so maybe you should do the same?

You are completely focused on telling everyone how to think and how to support a team. You constantly troll peoples posts attacking their opinions as invalid and policing them like you own the message board. Get over your self . People get pissed because they care. If you don’t like it, ignore it.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Yes, everybody needs a hug. Especially steelers fans enduring the past 5+ seasons of the same old tired nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 4