1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers rushed for 55 yards

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Nov 21, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Chiefs also traded a first round pick for Orlando Brown, and got Thuney in free agency and used a second round pick on their center, the Steelers used two mid round picks on their starters in Green and Moore.

2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I withdraw all of my arguments. Everything the Steelers do, every decision they make, is right. They only lose or tie because of

a. The refs

b. Bad luck

c. Aditi Kinkhawabala

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    We could have also picked up a better tackle in FA. We signed 2 FAs in Turner and Haeg. They used a 2nd and 6th on OL and we used a 3rd and 4th on OL. Creed was drafted #63, Green #87. Moore drafted in 4th and Trey Smith in the 6th.

Both teams were in similar situations and made similar moves. One team clearly got it right and struck gold while the other team continues to flounder. I'm sure your response has a point, but it isnt clear what it is. That they have better talent? Well, their 2 rooks are definitely showing better than ours. Their FA signings are definitely showing better than ours.

That was my point, we could have made the same moves but we didn't take the OL rebuild as seriously as they did. One team got it right and one didn't. The results bear that out as one group is rated #2 and the other #28.

The Chiefs knew their OL was a liability and cost them the SB. They went all in to protect their $500M investment behind center. Steelers knew their OL was a liability and made an effort to address it by 2 questionable draft picks and 2 even more questionable FA signings. They knew they needed a C and converted a rook G who is struggling mightily.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're leaving out the fact that the Chiefs had more money to spend in free agency than the Steelers, so no they couldn't have made the same moves as the Chiefs. They also gave up 5 draft picks to get Orlando Brown, which is too much. The Chiefs drafted the more experienced center, most people expected growing pains with Green at center.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yes, that was a steep price to pay for LT. The Chiefs definitely spent the coin and draft capital to protect the $500M dollar man. I still think the steelers half assed their OL rebuild. Saying Creed is the more experienced C is quite an understatement. I would say the chiefs actually drafted a C instead of a G who is a project at C.