1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Steelers game against the Bengals a must win?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 23, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

If they have any hopes of making the playoffs, they don't want to get swept by the Bungles, following a tie and a loss in their last two games they would be trending in the wrong direction.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    When every team in the division is winning, every game is a must win. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Honestly? No. The Steelers could lose this game and still make the playoffs.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    If they want to control their destiny, they have to sweep the rest of the division games. Losing both to Cincy would really hurt any tiebreaker scenarios.

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It’s a must lose game if they want to pick in the top 10

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  6. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    With the remaining schedule , we have to win every game possible. I dont see a lot of winnable games remaining this year. Now before I take too much heat for that comment, I am just being realistic. We have so many areas of weakness that even if we fix one another one is exposed.

A. we cant run block
    B. We cant pass block
    C. We cant stop the run
    D. Our ILB'ers cant cover
    E. Our secondary cant cover ( sometimes they cant tackle )
    F. we arent forcing enough turnovers
    G. We have very few 3 and outs on defense
    H. We have a HOF QB that wants to win but doesnt have the talent in front of him to do so
    I. Heyward has more heart than most of the defense, especially the past game ( I have never seen him play with such passion, probably because he knew he had no one else to help him )

The list can continue but you get the point, we are not a good enough team. I am not saying we are bad, we are simply just not good enough this year and that has to be painfully obvious to everyone who has ever watched this team play. For the record I have watched this team since 1970 and have seen this before. Most of us old timers can attest that although we have never been totally bad ( not since 1970 ) but this is a mediocre team right now. I hope I am wrong but I think we finish no better than 7-9-1 this year.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Spot on but the crazy part is half of this board who watches this team play actually doesn’t see it!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What tiebreaker? The Steelers have that ugly "1" in the 3rd column of their overall record. Unless one of our divisional opponents also ties a game, it will be absolutely impossible to be involved in any tie breakers whatsoever. If other teams dont get a tie, the steelers will will either be a 1/2 game up or a 1/2 game down in overall record from any potential tiebreakers

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't see them sweeping the division, they need to sweep the Browns, split with the Bengals and Ravens.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Doom and gloom, the sky is falling :rolleyes:

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This team likely won't be favored in any of the rest of their games. The divisional games will be tough enough then add the Chiefs, titans, and vikings who just embarrassed A-Aron and his crew.

IMO, the steelers will have to win the 4 remaining division games to even have a shot at winning the division which would be a miracle. So that leaves a WC as their only hope for postseason, and they aren't even being discussed in the hunt at this point. To be in that discussion, they have to beat the bungles on Sunday. So yes, I'd say it is a must-win game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    No game is a must win until the team is actually facing elimination. It's pointless to try to project the future. For all we know, the division/wild card teams could all lose out and we could sneak in the playoffs with 8 wins.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    thats not even remotely true. There are people like yourself where the sky is perpetually falling and claim the fix for all our woes is to fire the coach. Then there are fans that know the strengths and weaknesses and choose to enjoy the good instead of focusing on the bad.

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Will there be the same type thread next week?

I'm just glad it's a 1 o'clock game.

15. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    No, there are no 'must-win' games yet. Thankfully.

16. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Exactly. In my other thread they can lose this game and still make it if they go 5-2 over the last 7 games.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Then there are fans who root for the team to lose for a higher draft pick. They're the bestest of all!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yes we have to take these division games, especially to a team we already lost to.
    I just have a feeling the Steelers are gonna play super mad in this one for some reason.

But we really need Watt, Fitzpatrick, and Haden to play

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I don’t normally buy into that but as tight as the AFC is and after 2 games we should have won, we need this before that murderous last-4 stretch.

20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Im not actually rooting for them to lose. I’m just not going to complain if they have a couple losing seasons. We’ve been drafting in the back half for almost two decades. We can continue on that way or actually truly rebuild with high caliber prospects.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not really. We could still lose 2 more games, and easily make it into the playoffs. 10- 6-1 would put You into the playoffs more than likely no matter what teams you won ,or lost 2.
    Heck I actually believe a 9-7-1 would 2.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Which means at least 4 more wins out of remaining 7. Sorry, but just not seeing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    It's a must win for me because it's my wife and daughter's first pro football game that they'll be attending, so I'd love for it to be a win just for that reason.

But yeah, they can't afford to drop another game right now if they want to stay in contention.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    YES!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    To make the playoffs they have to go at least 5 and 2 the rest of the way

They need to beat
    Cleveland