1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sutton's INT

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Nov 22, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I realize Sutton will be dogged for giving up the go ahead touchdown and it will overshadow everything however can we take a moment to appreciate that INT?

In and of itself the catch is nothing really spectacular basically a can of corn however it's what he seems to do after the catch that is praise worthy. It looks like he realizes that if he stays the same way there is potential for the ball to hit the ground and come loose or move enough that it can be overturned, so he rolls so that the ball is shielded from the ground by his body and not jarred loose. That is a heck of a heads up play.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have no problem with Him...Is he great yet ....no, but the want ,and try in the game means a lot. I felt like only the Cams wanted 2 play D last night.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That Charger speared him in the head after the int. No flag?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    It had no effect ultimately on the end of the game, but yeah no flag.

5. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    If it wasn't for Buggs pass deflection, Sutton would've had 2 INTs haha.

He was doing everything possible to make plays, which we needed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Great play on the INT

He has been up and down this year but is hopefully a decent #2 corner in the making.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Herbert threw two balls that should have been intercepted, that one and the one Allen tipped that would have been right in the chest of Edmunds. Then again, it was Edmunds, so he probably would have dropped it.

I guess that all evened out?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is still pissing me off. That was a dirty hit. There was no reason to launch himself at Sutton except he lost his cool and/or wanted to injure an opponent. Meanwhile, Chargers fans are still whining about Cameron Heyward giving Herbert a belly rub.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    That was a beautiful play, tipped balls always seem to find their place to a dead zone in our D, and this one might have but Cam went above and beyond.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I feel like the refs, know they missed it and gave a minor roughing the passer call on Ben right there after.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agree. Nice job by Sutton to control it. Sutton returned punts and kicks when he was in college at TN. He has good hands and always had the potential to break one wide open. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance to return a punt in the NFL. If nothing else, just to see something that might get people excited to see a different look.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He returned one in 2019 (I remembered he had done it one game, but had to look up the details.) I'm guessing they think he is too valuable on defense to risk on returns.

• Like Like x 2
  13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Probably true. They can't afford to have him get jacked up on a PR. Good point.

14. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    It was one of those games where a QB should've had 3 or 4 ints but the bounces went his way.

I doubt Edmunds would've caught the ball even if it hit him in the numbers lol