1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bush will be a bust

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Jul 31, 2019.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought He was OK before the injury. Not all pro ,but not a bust either, but right now He looks every bit a bust. Also I wasn't even on Here when the Thread was made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    He was playing decent ball before the knee injury. He looks terrible now and add in all the weird social media stuff ugh

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m not ready to call him a bust. Yet. He looked like a developing quality player before the injury. Right now he looks awful in pretty much every respect, and should be sitting until he gets “right,” whether it’s getting “right” in the body, the head, or both.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    A lot of people owe you an apology, and @jeh1856 should be first in line. I wasn't on the board back then but some things apparently never change - not one person argued the several points you made that supported your opinion, instead offered nothing but ridicule and insults.

By the way, counting your .sig, you called out Edmunds, Layne, and Bush in this thread alone.

[​IMG]

5. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Most people are blind partisans in more things than just politics.

6. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Just OK with that much draft capital spent == bust, IMO. He needed to be Ray Lewis or Bri Urlacher, right now we'd settle for Larry Foote.

7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    You have just described exactly what social media is all about. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    He had an opinion on the trial, backed up by several salient points, but the mob who declared him innocent and the trial a sham shouted him down.

9. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I may be wrong, but here is my Holiday Inn Express Psychoanalysis 2 cents. After his injury. he may be realizing that he is in over his head from a physically able to endure the NFL perspective and is playing like someone who will do what he needs to do, but that is all. In other words, he could be playing to not get hurt and doing what he needs to do to get through his contract. His greatest asset was mobility and that may now be compromised and what's left isn't intimidating at all. He's not a big guy and may not want to go through another significant injury again. His tentative engagement is reflected in how he takes on players filling the hole or just how he tackles or able to cover RBs out of the backfield. I though he was doing fairly decent his rookie year when he was balls to the wall in how he played (relatively speaking). Unfortunately, there has definitely been a change. Either he is still "nursing" his injury afraid to aggravate and/ or sustain another knee injury, but still has long term aspirations, or, he may not be able to fully engage again because the writing is on the wall. That's just the way it looks to me at this point and I hope he finds his stride again soon. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    For clarity, I was referring to Bush on this message board. I don't know what trial you're talking about and I don't want to know. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Will Be?

Bush rookie year he played slightly above the line. Then got the ACL knee injury the 6th game in his 2nd season against the clowns. Out for the rest of the year. Comes back and is a shell, claims the knee is fine. Again the issue here is between the ears. That and he was not worth the trade up 10 friggin spots to get him.

He looks lost out there but the coaching staff will not make a move to give Spillane more playing time. What's it going to hurt?

Big decision looms about the front office committing to the 5th year option. At this point it's a hard no for me.

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011

If the OP had said “suspect ACL likely to tear” I’d be more impressed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. Something unforeseen changed the course of his career.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This post from August 2019 seems to indicate that the OP changed his mind. If not, why not just create a separate thread for Layne?

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why did you want to switch the thread to Layne? Hmmmm

16. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    two birds one stone. The thread is quite old now. So that’s what I’m assuming. Were you in there being a cheerleader for Bush?

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You called it. Maybe some folks were just trying to be hopeful and take a wait and see approach. Now hopefully it is clear to everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    what are you a wannabe attorney ? Former Law School dropout is what I’m naming you . Maybe Current Turd can be 1B.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    This sounds good on paper, but the reality is a different story. Productive debate goes both ways. It's easy to have an opinion like "Bush is gonna get thrown around in the NFL." But supporting that argument with lines like he's weak, or didn't make big plays, etc., isn't providing substance. It's pawning opinion as fact. Nothing's wrong with opinion, but to make a strong assertion based solely on yours and expect others to reply with substance to your "salient points" is lazy and disingenuous, and frankly, a BS tactic meant to get everybody else to do the fact checking while you spin more half-truths and opinion.

You use this style all the time. You start with assumption or narrative trope, then add some broken logic and sarcasm, rinse and repeat over several threads, then raise the victim card that the "mob" is descending on you because you dared to say something negative about the organization. It's a BS narrative.

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    It’s not that deep. It was my own opinion, not fact …maybe it’s trending towards a fact now . But the post was made due to him not looking like an NFL star player based on what I saw him do in college , and the Steelers desperately needing a speedy ILB. Not a victim of the “mob mentality” or whatever you wanna call it. It was just an opinion on a sports player lol

• Like Like x 1
  21. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    No, I get it. Like I said opinions are fine... well, unless they're somebody else's.

Maddog just tends to make his more dramatic by attempting to get everyone to agree with him and/or prove it right. With the latter, sometimes you're just not going to know for awhile (or ever). I was a little hesitant about Bush not only because there were some legitimate concerns over his college game and how they may get exacerbated at the pro level, but in the capital they were putting up to get him.

22. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Not sure if he’s a bust, ACL has to be considered as well as coaching, BUT when you spend the draft Capitol of a 1st & 2nd rd picks on a Player he Better show up Big time, and he hasn’t .

Cajun

• Winner Winner x 2
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No. Im just pointing out that you seemed ready to back off, but now you want to gloat.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Dumbdog:

The fact that I haven’t been in your head for almost a month and yet you are still hearing echos should tell you something. It won’t, but it should.

Regarding apologies, that requires an intelligent man with the balls to know when he is wrong. I don’t expect you to understand that either. I have my male dogs neutered, maybe you can relate to that?

Most of the people to the right of the 16th percentile will understand my response. It is understood that you won’t.

But thank you for thinking of me. Happy Holidays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Let's wait and see how he plays next season before calling him a bust, look at Dupree and Beckham they both had ACL injuries last season and they aren't the same players they were before.

• Winner Winner x 1