1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Props to Ebron

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 22, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    His playing time has been cut, but he didn't complain and ask for a trade like that piece of crap Ingram, Ebron has continued to act like a professional about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Would have been nice to have Ingram tonight.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He quit on the team, he refused to practice, so eff him.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    How do you know they didn't hold him out so they could finalize the trade they had been working on?

Word from camp that this was a great locker room guy, now suddenly he's a cancer?

Sorry, doesn't smell right - Steelers got stupid and thought Taco could play his role why they recouped a draft pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

Very noble of him to take $12m over 2 years while leading the league in drops after awarding him the contract. Now he has to sit on the bench for his lack of production and collect that $. I guess when you are given plenty of chances and failed to take advantage vs told you would be given a chance but didn't get that chance...it sits a little differently. As a coach I'd rather have a player that is pissed about not playing vs ok with it. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the fact that Ebron knows he'll never get that kind of $ on his next deal.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Why should he complain? Play a few more years without the bumps and bruises of being a #1 and whistle all the way to the bank

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They held him out after he pouted and let it known he wanted to be traded, he's an ungrateful piece of crap, he's here for a few months and starts complaining about his role.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm talking about acting professional which he has done, unlike Ingram.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015

If professional means watching your career die in silence , then Yes Ebron is a noble man. All indications are we told Ingram he would be a big part of our defense. Ingram came here for the sole purpose of getting a contract next season. He was coming off an injury and needed to prove he could still ball. From what I understand he agreed to take less $ to come here. If he wasn't told the starting job was his to lose then he would not have come here.

For some reason he believed he would be the starter unless he was outplayed. He was not given that consideration. No one can honestly say he was outplayed by Highsmith on game day or in practice. Ingram was basically given 3 games of shared time before being relegated to backup. The first 3 games it looked like Ingram was the better player and he was still learning the defense. Highsmith has had 2 off seasons to learn the defense vs a few pre season games for Ingram. Word was Ingram was the better player in practice. From what I've seen from Highsmith I have a hard time believing a former probowl OLB wasn't better. Highsmith has hit a wall. He needs to develop a better move or get stronger. He's inconsistent at best stopping the run. Sure he flashes some skills on rare occasion but he was actually better his rookie season..and he's still playing next to one of the best DL in the game - opposite side of the best defensive player in the game.

Lets also keep in mind there's also a pattern with Tomlin. They did the same thing to Harrison. James was clearly the best OLB at that time. Especially against the run but he got benched so we could develop younger players. James also left pissed off that he was lied to. He made noise and was granted his wish. The nfl's CBA gives the players no options. They either demand a trade and refuse to play or watch their careers go down the tubes. You might think that's fair but I don't. Especially if you are a capable player on a poorly coached team. It's the players career...I get why they might want another shot somewhere else if they think they're not getting a chance. The teams can cut the player at any time w/ no pay so why shouldn't the player have the option to ask out? I'm sure he asked nicely for a trade at first. When teams take their time doing it the player and agent will make noise. I'll also add that the steelers set a trend by granting other players their wish... they miss handled Harrison, Brown and Bell. I'm sure there's others I just forgot. Everyone knows if you scream loud enough the steelers will give you what you want. So that's on Tomlin.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're wrong, Ingram said when he signed he wasn't told his role would be as a starter, if he didn't know they really liked Highsmith as a starter that's on him. Ingram didn't take less to come to the Steelers, he wasn't getting many offers until the Steelers signed him, he's 32 coming off a season in 2020 where he had no sacks and was injured so the Steelers weren't just going to hand him the starting job.
    Highsmith hasn't hit a wall, his play has gotten better lately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You keep adding new bits of fiction to your ridiculous narrative, but they really aren't helping the story at all.

13. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    No you are wrong. That is the most blatant cherry picking of stats I've seen in a while. In 9 games he has only 2 games in which he produced a single sack. 1.5 against Seattle 5 weeks ago and 1.5 against the chargers last week. A game in which the chargers threw over 40 passes for almost 400 yards. Yea ...impressive. LOOK AT THAT IMPROVEMENT! lmfao. And Seattle... the OT totally whiffing on his block to protect Geno Smith was a nice gift. I'll give him that.

The word from the coaches was that Highsmith was much improved in his rush defense... last week he was destroyed. He struggles to set the edge which as an OLB that is a MUST in our defense. When the OLB can't set the edge it creates a situation were the safeties and LB's have to worry about the entire field ... Teams can pound us inside and bust one outside which has been happening for big gains most of the season. If you want to call the last 5 games for Highsmith an improvement... I guess going from dead to a slight pulse is an improvement but give me a break. He was significantly better getting to the QB last year and has shown NO progress this year.

I'm aware of Ingram's situation last year. He wasn't guaranteed the starting job but it was his to lose. He was pissed because he didn't fairly lose it. Him and his agent thought if he outplayed Highsmith he'd get most of the snaps. It's another lost season for Ingram and here we are desperately needing an OLB . Again I'll also add that we have told players if you want out of Pittsburgh just cry about it and we will accommodate. Anyone who's in Ingrams shoes would have done the same. We get nothing out of Highsmith why wasn't Ingram given the opportunity to play every snap? We used to develop most young players before giving them the starting role. Now we just hand it to them and hope they develop on the field. I understand sometimes that's unavoidable but usually its not ...and in this case we had options. Highsmith and Bush should both be sitting until they get their heads right and improve on their craft.

and btw he did have other teams interested.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You don't know what the heck you're talking about, Ingram was signed to be a backup, he was never going to be a starter here. He acted like an ass, he thought his past resume was good enough for them to hand him a starting job.

• Winner Winner x 1