1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The game was over when (your opinion)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelReal, Nov 22, 2021.

1. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    When they decided not to run clock on the game leading fg drive....absolutely ridiculous!!! Insane! You cant get a first down. I dont care if Najee Harris isnt in the game....run the frickin ball. Put Ben behind center so theres no issue with the snap and let's see whose tougher. I'm tired of Matt Canada already....I seriously think I can do a better job of calling a game in clutch time.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Agree 100%.

The defense made 3 stops in the 4th quarter. Did anyone think they were going to be able to make a 4th, honestly?

If you can't run it, then call safe throws. Quick slants to DJ. Something to the TE for 3-4 yards and let them "run" it that way.

Has to be a FG at the gun (or at least under 45 seconds and making LA burn all their TOs).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    When they had 1st and goal early in the game and didnt score. Play calling is very bad with this team and gets worse in redzone also this was made worse when the chargers easily went 98 yards for TD

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Game was over when Benny started that thread lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    When they had the blown coverage on the Williams TD

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Once LA received the the ball, after we took the lead...Iknew there was no way our defense was gonna stop them from scoring

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Yeah, the RZ offense is pretty bad.

8. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    When Watt, Fitz, and Haden were announced as OUT for the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. ZiviliSteelers

ZiviliSteelers Member

Oct 18, 2021
    When it was 2nd and 18 after the failed first down pass on the final drive.

10. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Im always for taking points when the score is close. Not kicking the FG early and then letting them go 98 yards was horrible.

a punt block and tip INT kept us in it. Otherwise it was a blow out ass kicking. The chargers did plenty to keep us in it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Pretty much

12. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    When Mike decided to play the game with Zero Safeties, because he’s to stupid to see that Edmunds knows it’s his last year here and refuses to play football so he doesn’t get injured. If it were up to me he would be shipped to the practice squad for the rest of the season. A Corpse could cover and tackle better.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers made those plays. The Chargers didn’t hand them anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    We need more depth on defense. Our starting DB’s aren’t that great, but our backups are just bad.

We also need a running game. If you just looked at the stats, it looks like the Steelers lose by 3 TD’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we boarded the plane for the left coast. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    With the lousy play calling at the 5 yard line with first and goal to go after Claypools catch got us down there. We left the ball at the 2 yard line and I told my son here comes a 98 yard drive and sure enough they score a TD on this pathetically coached team. I should have went to bed right then and there but no, I'm the idiot that has to stay up half the night watching the defense get owned again at the end and then the terrible Oline play during the last series.

I'm so done with Tomlin. As soon as he's gone we can begin to rebuild this disaster. Until then, hold onto your hat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Tomlins streak is about to be over and rightfully so. Dark days are ahead… it’s going to be long and it’s going to be cold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I wanted them to run the clock down the FG drive where they took the 37-34 lead. You knew when they picked up the flag after the interference call on Johnson and they had to kick a FG with 3:30 left or whatever it was they were gonna have a hard time stopping them. That’s the knock on Tomlin again and just the entire coaching staff they are not game aware or clock aware in high leverage situations. You have to know that you have to leave as little time as possible in that instance for the Chargers so they can’t go down the field and score and win the game. Tomlin just continues to have no high leverage big game situational football clock management awareness and it costs them way too many times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The offense could’ve put more points on the board in the first 3 quarters for sure. But, the situational play calling after Sutton interception was bad. Run on 1st, run on 2nd, pass on 3rd and short.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Which doesn’t happen if Minkah is playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You seem way too happy about this. Mad about your lost bet?

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Not having Harris probably dictated at least part of that. You can certainly blame them for not having a capable back to step in, but I can't fault them for not trusting Snell or Ballage there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I had the money line not the point spread. I never give imaginary Vegas points. I’ll take them sometimes if I like the dog.

Im certainly not happy with how things are going with this team and haven’t been for quite some time (since the Jax playoff loss)

• Like Like x 1
  24. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Why is McFarland inactive and can’t get on the field?? How much worse can he be then both Snell and Ballage. It’s mind boggling he hasn’t even dressed the last 3 games. Something is going on there for sure it just doesn’t make sense.

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I still thought we were going to win right up until the 2nd sack on the final drive. Ben was playing great. I really thought he was going to put together a drive to win the game. The O-line never even gave that a chance.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1