1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2022 QB Market

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rel, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I certainly hope Art is not considering another year of Ben. That would be terrible roster mismanagement.

Wilson is the one big name I'd consider but, with two years left on that deal, Seattle will want a fortune in return and the Steelers can't afford to give up high picks needed elsewhere. If Russell were a FA, he'd be my target.

Hurts has been playing better so I'm not convinced Philly drafts a QB. They certainly could.

Baker will get another year in Cleveland, I think. That's good for us all around.

I absolutely believe A-a-ron will stay in GB. He's a Packer for life.

Watson, ugh. JimmyG and a few others don't make much sense to me either.

I very much believe Colbert will draft one. They seem to be scouting heavily. Could be something they really like about a kid that isn't shining right now. Ben was far from a sure thing. A bunch of QBs went before Mac Jones. Herbert and Allen were the 3rd QBs taken. Lamar was the 5th QB at pick 32. And, of course, guys like Wilson and Dak weren't taken in the first round at all.

Of the project vets... and I know people don't like him... but I'd try Trubisky. He's a good kid, tough, big, strong arm, very mobile. He wasn't ready in Chicago and Nagy is an idiot. A year behind someone like Allen could be a great lesson in all aspects of QB play. For a 1/$5m or 2/$8m (or something similar) I would sign him. Add a rookie and Mason will be here. I mean, unless they see something in Haskins but it sure doesn't sound like it.

2. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Not good, Picketts not the answer.
    look to 23/24

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Next Year's Draft has Quite a few Good Qbs coming out.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Let us know how that works out (from the hospital, WITHOUT pictures)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Being a welder most my life I've been burned more times then I can count, but still 2 this day My worst burn came When I was a young teen Working at El Chicos....I went 2 pick something up, and turned My face into the Vat they cook all the Meat in. The side of my face actually stuck 2 the vat. I remember My so called Girlfriend worried I would always look like that. LOL. I was lucky I was so Young I don't even have a scar from it Now, but then it was scary looking.

6. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    You think? Strong and Pickett is what I’m seeing. There are some undergrads but like I was saying they’re a year or two away.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No I agree for this draft. Pickett, and I only watched one game for Strong...so not sure about Him for this up coming draft.
    I didn't word it properly. I mean the following draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Pardon the tangent, but Pitt already beat Clemson. The Panthers can stop the run enough to beat the Tigers again. It's not a sure thing, but that is a better matchup for Pitt's defense than Virginia.