1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2022 QB Market

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rel, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was at a picnic at a park, lot of people around, grills everywhere. I was about 6 years old and there was one of those round low grills, only about a foot off the ground, backed into it pressing my calf to the side of it. Fun times.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Runs 2 much, doesn't go through His progressions. Gets Hurt 2 much....All I say will only get worse in the Pros.

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

upload_2021-11-20_10-18-12.gif

• Like Like x 2
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    QUOTE="Blast Furnace, post: 935427, member: 6"]Fun times.[/QUOTE]

Being in the food service industry I have had my share of burns. I was 18, just being promoted to a fry cook in a local seafood restaurant. I pulled a basket of fried shrimp up and didn't shake the basket, emptied the shrimp onto a drain plate and so did the hot fry oil that went on to my hand holding the plate. Layers of shriveled skin.

I was riding my Harley to a girls house to hang out and came up to a stop light in which they had recently painted the stop line with a reflective paint. My front wheel slid and the bike tipped and went down. The pipes sizzled my right lower leg. Mind you I was wearing shorts(stupid I know). Never did that again. Drove to the girls house for some nurse care, got that and... the highlight was in the hot tub holding my right leg out. No pain, no gain. Still have that scar!

Good times.

• Like Like x 1
  6. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Where have I heard this from??????

"Not very exciting.... Do you want to go to work with some 20 yr old little kid just out of college"

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Being in the food service industry I have had my share of burns. I was 18, just being promoted to a fry cook in a local seafood restaurant. I pulled a basket of fried shrimp up and didn't shake the basket, emptied the shrimp onto a drain plate and so did the hot fry oil that went on to my hand holding the plate. Layers of shriveled skin.

I was riding my Harley to a girls house to hang out and came up to a stop light in which they had recently painted the stop line with a reflective paint. My front wheel slid and the bike tipped and went down. The pipes sizzled my right lower leg. Mind you I was wearing shorts(stupid I know). Never did that again. Drove to the girls house for some nurse care, got that and... the highlight was in the hot tub holding my right leg out. No pain, no gain. Still have that scar!

Good times.[/QUOTE]

Burns are the worst, such a horrible feeling!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think that the ankle injury may have been the best thing to happen to him. He lost the ability to run, and was still successful as a passer going through more than one read. Sometimes adversity sharpens ability. I have to watch more film and see some more interviews of him to get a better fell for how he’ll be as a pro, but I like his arm strength, accuracy and touch. He’s clearly tough as well.

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Watching Pickett play is exciting but heartbreaking at the same time because I know the Steelers won't get him. So it's a weird feeling that I hope he kinda sucks when he gets to the NFL.

10. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I've been thinking more along these lines as well. If either they have a precipitous downfall the rest of the season (leading to a sharp ascension up the draft order), or a touted prospect happens to fall (a la Rodgers in 2005) that might change. But like you said, even a good prospect is going to take a few years to develop.

Ben's retirement will be an interesting transitional period for the Steelers. Their style of putting the most competitive units together through mostly internal pieces, using FAs to plug the holes, rebuilding on the fly, and remaining a consistently competitive team doesn't afford them many picks north of 1.15. Regardless, the idea of picking a QB you think will be the face of the franchise over the next 15+ years is a little like watching a slugger crush a home run as a kid: impressive when it all comes together, but even with 50 HR in a season of 600 plate appearances, there's only an ~8% chance it happens when he steps to the plate.

11. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Those ankle biters remind me of shagging carts as a kid at the local supermarket (fully equipped with baggers). Every so often we'd have to go across the street and down a few blocks to retrieve some from a lower income apartment complex (the store was situated at rather unique confluence of three economic classes). Anyway, most of the customers there would just take them because they walked home and didn't want carry the all the bags. But during the warmer months we'd find the occasional one tipped on its side with charcoal ash on the bottom in what had become a makeshift grill.

So when the zombie apocalypse hits you know how to grill up some burgers for the get together of neighboring clans.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Zombie apocalypse tip, I like it.

13. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    When it happens, @jeh1856 will outlive us all. His experience living without computers, electricity, and running water will make him a tyrannosaur among men.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mac Jones seems to be doing just fine, probably rookie mvp up to this point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Pickett had another 4TD, 340 yard game today as Pitt racked up 48 points on Virginia. So yes the Steelers have no hope that he will be there when they pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I was hoping we drafted him.

Clearly I have my preference for next draft but I certainly wouldn’t be down on Rodgers if they go that route.

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickett's turnover issues seem to have returned of late. He threw two ugly interceptions today, though the second one was at least partially the fault of the receiver. The game-clinching touchdown was right at the defender, but Addison made a spectacular play on the ball to bail him out. Pickett was forcing balls today that he will not get away with in the NFL. I think part of it is the receiving corps isn't as overwhelming as it was earlier in the season. It hasn't been since they lost Mack. Addison is fantastic, but the rest aren't anything special.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Have you ever seen a worse defense than what Pitt plays? Pitch and catch and Narduzzi is supposedly a defensive coach???
    If Pitt has to play Clemson in ACC Championship, my Panthers are in trouble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    If he played for Ohio St he'd be putting up 2019 Burrow numbers. Only hope is his age turns off teams and he falls to the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I can’t count how many times I’ve stood over the grill and thought to myself how cool it would be to lay my junk on there just to get the grill marks on it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    reminds me of that Christmas carol. Chet's nuts roasting on an open fire. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    people seem obsessed with Philly’s next QB, Kenny Pickett lol

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Say what now :lolol:

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Come on now. You can’t tell me that thought has never crossed your mind?

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have 4x6 index cards and a well and an infinite supply of fire wood. Plus food walks by my front door. Fairly well armed. I’m good.

And I’m going to outlive all of you just because I’m cantankerous.

If you are cold and hungry, feel free to stop by if you can find me.

:drinks:

• Like Like x 1