1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice knowing you Rudolph.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 14, 2021.

1. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Always wondered how he takes responsibility - would love for someone in the media to ask that.

Did all the guys who played poorly today not get paid?

Otherwise, how are they accountable?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Forget the end of the game... Mason had a terrible game period.

I kept waiting for him to come alive and it never happened. He is lucky we weren't talking about another 4 Ints in the game.

This was his moment and he failed in everyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Rudolph was the least of our problems today. Fitzpatrick and Bush were extra sh!tty today. Extra feces.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    QB is stagnant. Steelers suck at QB with Roethlisberger, Rudolph and Haskins. Plug and play....and there will be equal results. Fecal, crap play....with sh!tty results.

5. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Play with heart? Every time the camera pans to him he has that deer in the headlights look, pun intended

• Like Like x 2
  6. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    missed the game,
    so i started watching on Gamepass and turned it off late in the first quarter,
    after Mason threw a lollipop high floating incompletion to a an open McLoud for a first down,

7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    You mean just like Ben, right? There were posts about Ben's being lucky not getting picked off all season but others were blowing it off that it happens to every QB out there. What did MR do today that Ben hasn't done lately as far as his play? Being inaccurate? Over throwing WR's? Fumbling? Nearly getting intercepted multiple times a game? Throwing stupid passes that actually were intercepted? This was MR's first start of the freaking year in chit weather and people try and compare him to a 19 yr HOF bound vet, who has likewise done everything everyone is complaining about this year and last? To put things into perspective, MR is a backup QB thrown into a game at the last minute and if defense didn't get gashed or others not fumble the ball away, he would have done enough to win the game. He did his job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I was at the game today. Rudolph's footwork is atrocious. Multiple times he just stood like a statue to deliver the ball. At this point it just hasn't gotten any better.

On one play he missed a wide open Friermouth on a 3rd down play. Didn't have anyone 20 yards around him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    definitely not a meteor

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    They took Landry Jones didn't they?

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Rudolph deserves most of the blame, too many inaccurate passes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    or give up 2 hundred yards rushing

13. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I think we need to come to some sort of consensus exactly what his job is because he sucks at it from where a large majority of us are sitting. Only a handful of people (from what I can tell) seem to think he's doing it correctly and you're one of them. I cant honestly name another person besides you actually. At the end of the day he doesnt make enough plays for me. We're not having conversations about fumbles by his receivers in OT if hes not spiraling 10 yard passes into the ground in front of his receiver in the endzone?? He's gotta be able to make the "open book" plays and usually he freezes up and botches the throw way too often.

How about be able to beat the 25th ranked defense on a winless team with your starter missing one game....is that part of his job description?? What about keeping the team afloat and its playoff chances alive?? because he definitely hasnt been good at that. He threw the ball 50 times today. The Steelers should have been able to come away with more than 16 points if you're gonna pass 50 times. He has a real hard time moving the offense up and down the field and sustaining drives.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not defending Mason. I think he sucks.

But let's not forget how atrocious the game plan and play calling were also. We have a young, healthy QB playing with a supposedly strong arm. And yet we're still trying to run out of the shotgun (which never works), rarely even trying to go downfield with passes - most passes being short dink and dunk crap setting up our receivers to get killed, STILL throwing the ball well short of the sticks, and not even trying to run in the redzone.

I'm not saying Mason would have lit it up. His reads are terrible. He's inaccurate. He plays scared. But use the strong arm and at least try to go vertical more often. Let your receivers try to make a play. Use more play action. I know it was a sloppy field, but playing too close to the vest allows a D to just tee off. Keep them guessing. You might get lucky.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    So then he DIDN'T put them in position to win? Make up your mind. Even if Muth gets OOB, that's not a gimme FG in those conditions.

Mason sucked all game, the fact that DJ fumbled in OT doesn't change that. Hell, there were no guarantees we even get in range had he not fumbled the way Rudolph was playing.

16. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Mason was average, not terrible. Those were terrible playing conditions and even Ben struggles in cold wet condition. Goff was worse. The touch goes as ball is slippery and footing is not great. Receivers were not helping Mason out. Ballage, Diontae and Friermuth all dropped passes. No Juju or Chase and Mccloud was the leading receiver.

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    There ought to be a douchebag emoji on the MB

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Guess the joke went over your head?

• Like Like x 1
  19. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    What joke? You calling someone out for a typo? Nah, that's just a dick move. Go ahead and slap "against the rules" on this post. You know you want to.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yep you missed the joke that was going on in a different thread. It was funny watching you take a huge swing and miss though.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  22. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Ok so maybe I did miss whatever joke you're talking about. Glad I can be here for others amusement. Guess I get the douchebag emoji.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yep and someone else had it happen in yet another thread. We all made fun and laughed about it. Knox is getting his panties in a wad over nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How long until 86wardway realizes Mason is signed through the 2022 season?

25. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't think Mason is the answer. I think Mason is a career back up. He gave the Steelers enough of a chance to win, he wasn't directly the reason we lost not like loss. Which is what a career back up usually does. Tries to float a ship for 1-3 games if I guy gets hurt.

Game Plan, Poor Tackling, Fumbles... that is why the Steelers tied.
    If you think different you just really hate Mason Rudolph.