1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin owns every bit of this lousy performance.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 14, 2021.

1. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Happens every time we play low grade team, we stoop to there level.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Aside from quoting my poor grammar thanks to this effing phone, I don't disagree.

BUT... Who is supposed to keep the players accountable?! I guess that's just a mystery. ;)

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Not a mystery at all. The Head Coach is without question; all Coaches the same. However and again, accountability is not a one way autobahn. Players have to have some accountability for themselves as well.

Take Cameron Heyward for example. No drop off of intensity from him. What about T.J. Watt?! Heck, even Cris Boswell is a great example. Those that take accountability of themselves have shown that they can not only perform at a higher level but most of all, maintain that level of performance.

Like Blast stated, how one goes through practice will showcase itself during game day. Today was no different. Mike Tomlin is not without blame for today but to solely blame it all on him is disingenuous and unfair. If anything and, I hate to point this one out but, Devin Bush Jr. is arguably the best example of what both Joe Schobert has been alluding to. Yes, he is coming off of an ACL Injury but while that aspect of his game is on the road to recovery, that point is where Devin Bush MUST evolve as a player; increased mental processing being a must for him as he seems to have fallen off a cliff in that department. Even assuming he is 100% right now, the fact that he has yet to take strides is a major concern in it of itself.

Now, did Tomlin do this team any favors today?! Absolutely not, Three straight pass plays in the endzone is just but a fraction of woes for him today. However, aspects like fumbles, missed tackles (some players but not all) and other miscues are, in fact, a two way street for blame.

4. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    you are partially correct. However what's the point of having any coaches then? Are we to believe the coaches cannot impact the play of the team? They have no ability to motivate them? If that's true then any coach will do. Nothing special. How many times does it take for a steelers team to play like this to inferior teams before it becomes more than just a coincidence. Once ok. Twice maybe. But this is becoming a trademark of Tomlin coached teams. I've never been a Tomlin hater but I'm about to jump on that bandwagon. His coordinators are no help to this team. Then get rid of them and change that up. It's on the coaches. He owns a non losing record then he also owns games like this. And they are happening way to often

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

There this message is again albeit in different semantics; from the statesman no less. I am detecting a pattern here; more so as to whom it is for. Not just one player mind you as Heyward is not that type of person. Boy oh boy though..... yikes!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    The browns getting blown out makes me feel not a whit better about the way this team played today. Not a whit. Other teams failures don't accrue to the benefit of the steelers unless the steelers are winning games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Yeah, OK, No, I hear ya, Yeah but, yeah No, uhuh uhuh, but, but….

upload_2021-11-14_15-44-52.png

We couldn’t beat the Lions.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah that's why they lost, losing the turnover battle 3-0 had nothing to do with it :facepalm:.

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't like the call, they should've ran like a 5-7 yard out to a WR, so they can get out of bounds after the catch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    you are partially corrEct,as well. Tomlin and the coaches own plenty of blame. But far too many fans are quick to blame Tomlin or Ben or Mason, when plenty of blame goes to Minkah or Muth or DJ or Schobert,etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    or are they now stooping to our level? 2 weeks in a row kinda says we aint who we
    think we are. This is a really bad team with maybe 2-3 good players.

12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Since he got here has Schobert made a tackle that wasn’t 8 yds past the LOS?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He said the Lions went with 6 DL on the goal line, so they decided to throw it down there, even if they did throw the ball in the endzone to Freiermuth at least.

14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Yet cowher was worse. He had one season where he didn’t lose to a team with a losing record. He even managed to drop to losses to the Bengals. They were a 3-13 te that year. That’s right the mighty cowher managed to hand the bungals two of their 3 wins in a season.

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Schobert hasn't been the stand out person as first advertised but he is a voice of reason in this moment. Maybe he is suffering from worrying about those that fail to practice hard. I just know that this team continually plays down to competition and it's the elephant in the room that nobody likes to point at.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Schobert is just making excuses, him and Bush have been terrible in run defense all season.

17. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    ok. Not sure what this has to do with Cowher but whatever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Sounds like a valid point to me. If you don't take practice seriously then game day stinks as we all just witnessed.

19. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Playoffs! did you say Playoffs:facepalm::hmm::hmmm::noose:

20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    if Cam, TJ, Haden had this gripe I’d buy it, But Joe Jabroni? Maybe he’s right, but the other guys should speak up

maybe if Joe Schmo practiced better he’d actually stop a guy within 5 yrs of the LOS.

21. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If you don't have the game in hand by halftime against Detroit, you're not a Superbowl caliber team.

If you can't beat them at all, you don't belong in the playoffs.

But at least there's a lot of season left. They could get better. Maybe.

22. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just a point. Y’all love to make this claim about how Tomlin’s teams play down to the competition. We were actually worse at it under cowher

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Tomlin has 2 actual playoff wins since 2010. I want the guy to be awesome . He just aint.

24. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    that is actually false but whatever

25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep, the MTAS always finds some other place to assign blame EVERY time a Tomlin coached squad plays down to the competition, which has been multiple times every season he's been here. The MTAS never gives any blame to their beloved Tomlin, no matter how unprepared his team is.

• Agree Agree x 1