1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Lions Official Game Day Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    They blow been saying that now for how many years ? Prepare more ? No playoff wins in 5 years franchise is living in the past barley a top 15 franchise top 5 no way

2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I'm not sure Haden is their best CB - some of the guys coming in behind him played better.

3. psycho ward

psycho ward Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Wow..l.lthey just hold on to the ball....they win this game easy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    All good points there !

5. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    it was 1 yard and they might have run out of time with zero time outs

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017

7. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Against an 0-8 team you gotta find a way to win

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Oh Mason definitely gets his share of the blame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This is the absolute truth. Tomlin deserves his share of blame for this. But at some point players have to play. Huge F ups in huge moments cost us this game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I honestly don't think "preparation" was the problem. Hell, we went down and scored on the first drive and looked good doing it.

The coaching staff failed to adjust quickly enough once it was clear the Lions weren't going to throw at all, but at the same time you can't be inaccurate delivering the ball, either from center to QB or QB to receiver, and you can't put the ball on the ground. This was basically a total team effort.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. psycho ward

Jan 1, 2012
    The Steelers tried to give this game away repeatedly....so a tie is actually a good outcome....I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Here's what an 0-8 team did to us today.....

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    You guys have no clue what it's like in my house when the Steelers lose or play like this and get a tie. My wife stormed upstairs slammed the bedroom door and I haven't seen her since! She is absolutely scary when the Steelers play like this. She hates Tomlin with a passion!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    More than enough time for a spike.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    MR was a problem too. Lions dropped an INT in OT that would have lost the game. He consistently underthrew receivers. JW on the deep throw and RRM on what would have been a TD.

He was below the line, there were just guys further below him (which is bad).

16. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    My family hated Nole through the 80's, Cowher through the 90's and early 00's. Now they hate Tomlin. Steelers fans generally hate the coach and starting QB at all times. It's standard in Pittsburgh.

17. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Why do they insist on a real grass field then let everyone and their brother play on it and trash it. On sport grass the fumble would have bounced out of bounds instead of getting stuck in mud.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't hate Tomlin, but it's long overdue for some new blood at HC.

19. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    The standard is the standard, right?

:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    We already knew that. As bad as Ben has become, the options behind him are a bag of dicks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I thought the game was poorly called by Canada. Rudolph looks like he had more time today then Ben normally gets. Yet, a majority of the pass plays were dinks and dunks into heavy traffic.

22. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    yep same here was hoping for more today. and was excited to see him play and figured it was a perfect game to do that.

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think Ben would've done any better to be honest...due to the conditions. It may have been a loss with him. Green was sailing the snaps over Rudolph's head. Sooner or later this was gonna get us and it did!

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. psycho ward

Jan 1, 2012
    In retrospect Mason made a few throws down the stretch that had them in position to win.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Just completed finishing the game after a long day at work. Yikes!!! If there is one major takeaway from all of this.... it actually pertains to the beginning of each drive. Matt Canada's Offense seems to do well.... for the first drive. After that... the entire Offense stalls. It does not seem to matter if it is Big Ben or Mason under center; the Offense truly stalls after the beginning of the drive. It is almost as if Canada's game plan and the Offense's execution become inept after the very beginning.

One aspect is for certain though, beyond T.J. Watt and Cameron Heyward for the defense ..... ugh. What is going on with Minkah Fitzpatrick?! He did get dinged up today but has not made many plays this season. As for Devin Bush.... whew man. What I am seeing is not a regression but a decline. Either that ACL is still bothering him from going full 100% as he was in his rookie campaign, his mental processing abilities have been greatly stymied due to the amount of time away since returning, his confidence is low, a combination of the three or perhaps all three.

Overall.... would have, should have, could have but did not. A loss is definitely bad for sure but a tie?! Oof.