1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We must SWEEP the Ravens this year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Sounds good Benny you are going to hate having a Steelers Avatar

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Why would I hate that when I am a Steelers fan? Also it's a sig bet...not an avatar bet.

3. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    While their 6-2 record does have them in a commanding spot in both division and conference, to say they're "clearly the cream of the crop" ignores games like they had against the (winless) Lions. That took a missed delay of game penalty that allowed them an extra eight yards so they could rush Tucker out there to bounce a 66-yard FG off the bottom bar and in with no time remaining. Their win against the Colts required some equal late-game heroics.

Similarly, the comment regarding Bell and Freeman is largely theatric - the two have combined for just 270 of Baltimore's 1293 yards rushing (20%), while Jackson has compiled 600 (46%). The story hasn't changed over the past few years: as goes Jackson, so goes the Ravens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I mean sure, but this is like specious argument to discredit FWP's YPC. "But if you take away his long runs..."

Lamar Jackson is a huge part of the Ravens run game. So what, as long as he's still playing QB they will utilize his talents and if that means street free agents can step in and buoy the running game, even if just a bit, it still counts on the stat sheet and scoreboard. Likewise, if the Ravens win the AFCN by virtue of having the best record, no one is going to say "Well they are 13-4 but they did barely beat the Lions and the Colts...so no playoffs".

Good teams win the games they are supposed to win, even if it's in ugly fashion.

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Well what are odds of Wild card?

Isn't there an extra team in the playoffs this year with the expanded schedule?

6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Probably true, but I`ll be happy with just wildcard and momentum like 2005 season. Have to see offense get better each week and be at their best at the end of regular season. Also, no key injuries going into playoffs. We get all that, anything possible.

7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Lol, your posts are never heavy on logic or reasoning. I didn't say anything against how good Jackson can be or the fact that the Ravens are in a commanding spot at 6-2. What I did critique was your interpretation of just what 6-2 means, or what Bell and Freeman bring to a top-three rushing attack.

The Steelers were 11-0 at one point last year - three games farther into the season than are the Ravens currently - when the dust settled at season's end they clearly weren't the cream of the crop. Ironically, in their first matchup last year the Ravens dominated statistically but lost. Why? Jackson threw two picks and fumbled three times, losing two. Like I said, as goes Jackson so goes the Ravens.

It appears you want to have a power ranking type argument that only allows for a few over-generalized interpretations you want to make on a few stats handpicked by you. Or you're just trying to be theatric.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019

Or he’s a Ravens fan…….

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't see the Steelers sweeping the Ravens, their best hope is a split. They need to split with the Bengals, and sweep the Browns.

10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    So when Boz broke the Heinz Field FG record it was </= to 50 yards?

11. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    I say we split with them this year. I think we can beat them in Baltimore. At Heinz Field? Hairball and company tend to beat us in the most frustrating ways ever.

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Benny has me confused. In this thread, the Rats are the cream of the crop. In another thread, the Titans are the cream of the crop. How many crops are there? Which cream of the crop is the better cream of the crop?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    You plant multiple crops, name a cream for each. Gives you a selection from which to best frame your argument at a later date.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We will need all hands on deck for a sweep of Browns or Ravens. If we can
    stay healthy and motivated we can play competitive football.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    :th thgoodpost:

• Like Like x 1
  16. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Tucker missed a field goal tonight, and Ratbirds got beat in Miami. It's an open field in the AFC.

• Like Like x 1
  17. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Well, you were going by the handle "Gillette-Clam Chowdah", so....:roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Split with the Ravens and Bengals and sweep the browns and they will be fine. That’s very doable unless they get a bad run of injuries

The Ravens have regressed a bit and really aren’t anything special.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1